View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Isn't it a violation of US law for US citizens (and resident aliens) to travel to foreign countries to engage in sex with those under the age of 18 regardless of what the local law says?
Yes it is via the DoJ Website on this topic.

Quote:
Section 2423(c) of Title 18, United States Code, prohibits United States citizens or legal permanent residents from traveling from the United States to a foreign country, and while there, raping or sexually molesting a child or paying a child for sex. Citizens can be punished under this law even if the conduct they engaged in was legal in the country where it occurred. For example, if an individual traveled to a country that had legalized prostitution, and while they were there they paid a child for sex, that individual could still be convicted under this statute. The penalty for this provision is up to 30 years in prison.

Section 2423(b) of Title 18, United States Code, is a similar provision. Section 2423(b) makes it a crime for United States citizens or legal permanent residents to travel from the United States to a foreign country with the intent to engage in illegal sexual conduct with a child such as rape, molestation, or prostitution. The difference between Section 2423(b) and Section 2423(c) is that Section 2423(b) statute requires proof that the defendant had formed his criminal intent at the time he began to travel. The penalty for this offense is also up to 30 years in prison. Finally, Section 2423(d) makes it a crime to be what is known informally as being a “child sex tour operator.” This statute makes it an offense to profit by facilitating the travel of U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents, knowing that they are traveling for the purpose of engaging in illegal sex with a minor. The penalty for this offense is up to 30 years in prison.

bolding, underlining, and highlighting by Tripler
If he's travelling, and not actually penetrating an underage girl (<18 yrs old), molestation counts against him.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
What an edge case.
This is the second time in a 24-hour period you used the phrase "edge case." Looks like you 'learned' a new term!

Quote:
It in fact would be legal to have a foreign girl, who also works as a prostitute, who is 16 or older, as your girlfriend. At least, by U.S. law and if you're on foreign soil. And in some U.S. states.

You just can't pay her. Well, you can give her money, but it can't explicitly be for sex.
I wildly doubt you're just platonically hanging around a 16-year old Ukraninan girl, reading "тигр бить", talking about how cute "Jonathan Taylor-ivich Thoma-ski" is. However, if you are alluding to having a 16 year "girlfriend" overseas while on travel for the ostensible purposes of prostitution, then you are in dangerous waters. . . You're at least in your twenties, and any "four-year window" defense does not exist if she's 16. With this inference, and your previous posts of sex tourism, what you are inferring may be molestation at best, statutory rape at worst--whether or not money has changed hands.

IANAL, and I'll leave this up to any of your Federal District Attorneys. I am confident though, that any background search that pulls your passport travel statistics will see your trips abroad. Good luck getting a job when asked what the travel was for. . .

Quote:
The answer to your question is no, I don't do that.
I doubt this. You're tied up so far in your own web of lies, that I'll remind you of something that's been said about you before: "Everything you say is suspect." But you've admitted that you travel overseas for sex tourism, so your boasting of underage dalliances may not be far from the truth.

But hey, good job supporting human trafficking and Russian organized crime!

Quote:
I brought it up because it both seems hypocritical (something is a federal felony unless money doesn't change hands? how is that a fair or just law? Who wrote this?!) and an example of how lax U.S. law really is with regards to foreign conduct.
You're backpedaling.

Tripler
Go ahead. . . Sam-splain to me how I'm incorrect.

Last edited by Tripler; 08-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.