View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
misling misling is offline
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 533
It seems similar in principal to the code-estimation problem: the first 90% of the problem takes 90% of the time, then the second 10% of the problem takes the other 90% of the time.
There are several versions of this formulation in computer science.

In your case, cleaning the first 90% of hairs makes it 90% clean, but the remaining 10% of hairs make it still 90% dirty

Last edited by misling; 07-07-2017 at 01:22 PM.