View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
"Shouting and stamping your feet" is your own characterization of a movement that actually does far more than that.
Mine and a significant portion of the voting public.

Quote:
No, logic and reason are only one tool in a set of them. And not the only, or even most important, tool, people not being robots and all.
Logic and reason are not the most important in YOUR toolbox because you have found that you can win arguments with accusations of racism and bigotry. Critical race theory is horse shit and only gains traction because it allows people who would lose arguments on the merits to win by accusing others of racism and bigotry.

Quote:
And only as good as their underlying axioms.
Logic and reason are efforts to define THE objective truth. Not your truth or my truth, etc. THE truth. If that's not really interesting to you, you might be on the wrong website.

The axioms of logic and reason were laid out over a thousand years ago in an effort to discern the truth. Critical race theory has little concern for the truth, only a subjective storytelling.

Quote:
Naah, I'm OK with keeping the Cafe.

Well...

Quote:
You can quote where I said "ignore", as opposed to "not prize above all else", right?
You're right, you don't ignore logic. You only ignore it when it is inconvenient and leads to conclusions that are contrary to your political goals.

Quote:
several civil rights movements have succeeded in tyrannies. This is just American exceptionalism.
So you think a march on Selma could have stopped the Holocaust? Which tyrannies were open to change as a result of civil rights movements like the one we had?

Quote:
"People are saying..." is a piss-poor argument.
Its a lot to repeat. So let me just link it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...heory#Critique

And that's the more disciplined face of crit race theory that you find in law schools. The stuff you see coming from the other social sciences is absolute horse shit.

Quote:
Naah. It's just based on not buying into the bullshit axioms that pass for "reasoning" in the existing discourse. Like the assumption of the validity of whiteness.
That's bullshit. Whiteness is not a cornerstone of reason or logic. You can argue about whiteness without relying on anecdote and storytelling but it doesn't get you to the promised land of being able to say that all the troubles that minorities face today is the direct result of an invisible form of straight white male supremacy and this social urge is so powerful that as a general rule only straight white males can succeed in this society.

You don't need crit race theory to tell us that life is easier for straight white males.

Quote:
Worked well enough here for 50 years.
You really think that's what happened?

Quote:
I thought you prized logic and reason - doesn't that include empiricism? I'm just proposing a concrete experiment for you to try. Let us know how it goes...
Once again. WTF are you talking about? Is this what you consider argument because if so then I see why crit race theory appeals to you.