View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
"I'll never convince them to take personal responsibility and care for their lives" is a strange way to talk about taxes.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of my argument you folks are objecting to. Do you, Shodan, feel any responsibility to help out your fellow Americans if you don't feel that they're taking sufficient personal responsibility for their own situation?
Yes, it is your thread but you still haven't accepted the many statements from conservatives telling you what personal responsibility is and how it very much differs from what you are trying to argue.

So what exactly is the debate to be had?

You aren't objecting to personal responsibility, you are resenting when people tell others that they should have been personally responsible. If they should have, then they should have and yes others whom have been personally responsible will probably judge them. Determining what to do with them, how to help them, if to help them, is a different discussion I suppose.
Whether or not someone else feels responsible for helping them or not, is still irrelevant to the conservative mindset of what personal responsibility.

Personal meaning an individual. And everyone (in a conservatives eyes) is responsible for themselves.