View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
This board really isn't it though. We don't have many conservatives, and the ones we do have get insulted a lot. For the most part on this board discussions with conservatives end up with liberals talking about what we think conservatives believe.
Exactly. Which is why I wondered about your thread on asking about why non-college educated whites don't turn from Trump. That seemed a little like spitting in the wind or at least asking the wind. There are a lot of Trump supporters on the Yang sub, but they're given respect for the most part, so their answers are a lot more forthcoming there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
Closest I've found are r/politicaldiscussion and r/ask_politics on reddit. r/neutralpolitics too
I like r/neutralpolitics because every fact requires a link and no anecdotal evidence is allowed. The downside is that a lot of politics is not that easily provable so the topic selection isn't that broad.

I like these 2 rules there and wish there were more places that had at least a variant of these rules. People saying, "everyone knows X" (supposed "common knowledge") is such a non-starter for any discussion.

Quote:
2) Source your facts. If you're claiming something to be true, you need to back it up by linking to a qualified source. There is no "common knowledge" exception, and anecdotal evidence is not allowed.

3) Be substantive. NeutralPolitics is a serious discussion-based subreddit. We do not allow bare expressions of opinion, low effort one-liner comments, jokes, memes, off topic replies, or pejorative name calling.