View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 08:25 PM

@Digs
Quote:
But if I get a voice call (which is almost always my elderly mother), then the phone buzzes and buzzes
Are you aware that on your iPhone (and presumably android) you can also assign customized vibrate tones as well as customized rings tones to anyone in your contact list? Or you can have only one or the other - you don't need both. You can also change the default for anybody not on your list.

I only use Do not Disturb from 10pm to 7am, and I have individual ring tones & vibrations for each family member or friend and a different one for strangers. I know without even looking up from my comic book who it is and then decide whether to pick up or read their text or wait until the end of that section or chapter. My daughter is a drama queen, that can usually wait. My son only texts or calls if it's important, so I look right away.

@Skald the Rhymer
Your dislike (hatred?) of Apple / Siri brought to mind a podcast I listened to recently about how quickly people become indifferent to technology. 10 years ago it was inconceivable that you hold a device in your hand that would have the ability for you to speak in normal english and it could understand you and (for the most part) correctly translate that into actions. "Read me the last text I received from Clara" "Remind me to call Clara when I get home" "Reply to Clara's text" plus plus plus all the myriad of other things you can do with Siri or Alexa etc.

And all you can do is bitch about it.