View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
I've seen the Wes Craven Swamp Thing movie twice. That's got to be some kind of record.

Nah, I saw that several times back when it started running on HBO or a similar station in the 80's, and also the TV edit a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
As a young teen in the 80s, I had a HUGE crush on Lea Thompson. I know I'm not the only one, and while I've watched the Back to the Future movies dozens of times, I know others have seen them more. Likewise Red Dawn, All the Right Moves, Some Kind of Wonderful, etc.

But SpaceCamp... I might be in the running for that one. It helped that not only was I in love with Lea Thompson, but I was also really interested in astronauts and the space program. I saw SpaceCamp in the theater at least three times, then when it started showing on HBO multiple times a week I would watch it every chance I got. Eventually recorded it on VHS and proceeded to wear out the tape. Bought the DVD years ago and have watched it dozens of times. I know it's not a very good movie, but it's 'comfort food.' Takes me right back to those more carefree days.
How about Howard the Duck? I've seen that Lea Thompson movie 4-5 times at least.

Of course the movies I've seen most I have no chance believing some nerd out there hasn't seen them more. Maybe I watched Star Wars so much one summer that I could practically recite the entire thing word for word, but you know there's someone who's seen it more. Ditto Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And to lesser extents Terminator 2 and Romero's Dawn of the Dead (which I watch at least every Halloween ever since getting the DVD set).