View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:00 AM

I was one of those kids who would obsessively watch a small rotation of favorite movies over and over again ad nauseam. I'm fairly certain that I pretty much spent the 80s curled up in front of the Betamax as even when I was an older child I had scant memories of my first few years in terms of my actual life but always had tons of vivid memories of the entirety, or near entirety, of the movies that I obsessively watched in those early years.

I'm a pretty good contender for Most Obsessive Viewer of D.A.R.Y.L. (1985) and Flight of the Navigator (1986) but for something more obscure, I'd say no one else would ever have watched C.H.O.M.P.S. (1979) or Sammy's Super T-Shirt (1978) more than me. As I grew up, I actually forgot the title of these two but still had vivid memories of most of the films, which I was able to confirm when I finally tracked them down on DVD or Youtube and even though it had been more than 30 years since I'd seen them, they were just as I remembered them. I figure it takes a lot of repeat viewings to remember most of a film unaided for over 30 years.