View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Why doesn't it "look like" Mr Lembo took a gun safety class? Because he is a fat guy in a wheelchair?
No, not because he's a fat guy in a wheelchair, as you describe him. It's because he bought the gun during the day and shot the guy that night. I don't believe that's enough time for a gun safety course, is it?

Quote:
What if he owned a gun previously or was ex-military?
I have to admit that I since found this article:

Quote:
Though Lembo spent most of his working life as a lobsterman on Vinalhaven, he is familiar with guns. When he was 18, he worked as a police officer on Vinalhaven and was taught to shoot by the police chief, he said.
I won't assume that he's had no experience with guns since then, but if he hasn't, does that still make him qualified? That was 49 years ago, after all.

Quote:
Why would you assume he didn't take previous safety measures to prevent a break in? It would depend on what his lease would allow and what was he physically able to do.
Because this: "Lembo, asked how he planned to protect himself against potential burglars without his gun, said, Im going to have to bolt myself in.

Why didn't he do that in the first place? If he had, he wouldn't have violated the terms of his lease and he wouldn't be under investigation for breaking state law. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy to trust making the right decisions with a gun. As he's already demonstrated.

Quote:
You also have no idea what types of rounds he used so you don't even know if he posed a threat to the tenants in adjacent units.
Neither does Lumpy, to whom I was replying. Can I assume that you'll admonish him for making assumptions, too? Or is it okay if your side does it?