View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 PM

Better Late Than Never (various)

FIRST DAY, FINAL JEOPARDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by commasense View Post
The first six words of the Book of John? Easy peasey.
Easy... if you’re Christian. If I had been there, I would have written, “What is ‘How should I know? I’m Jewish.’” Note: the part of the Clue about Coolidge was an irrelevant distraction.

INCREASING LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores Reborn View Post
These questions are HARD!
Quote:
I expected them to be a lot harder. I didn't feel that this material was much more difficult than regular season stuff.
Quote:
Well, last night's material was a lot harder (for me at least) than the first night's.
I agree with Commonsense. I found the first day only slightly harder than normal, the second day harder than the first, and the third day harder still. At this rate, if they get to the 7th day, it will be unbelievable.

THE WEAKEST LINK
Quote:
James and Ken are quicker on average than Brad.
Obviously, all 3 players display a high level of skill and speed. Nevertheless, I agree with commasense [again] that Brad is punching up.

MY FAVORITE PART
My favorite part of this Tournament is the mutual respect and camaraderie. Did you see James high-5 Ken after that double up on day 3? Sure they’re all competitive, but they also recognize that the other 2 are worthy opponents, a rare situation for any of them. During the interviews with Trebek, they all admitted that they’ve adapted their technique for these specific opponents.

BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
I mostly drew a blank on that entire category!
I would have gotten all but the last one given enough time.

Last edited by Steven_Maven; 01-14-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo