Thread: Joe Biden's in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Let's see if I got this straight:

Joe Biden spent eight years a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Before that he spent 36 years as a Senator, serving as Chairmen of both the Judiciary Committee and the Foreign Relations Committee. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom with Distinction. He's spoken in no uncertain terms of his antipathy for Trump, and of how Trump's damage needs to be undone.

And now you, Banquet Bear, inform us that it is not Biden but Banquet Bear who has the better idea of how to proceed if/when the Trumpist grip on power is overturned. Is that about it?

I would be laughing, were it not that this level of pretension and ignorance is rampant in post-literate America, and may present a serious obstacle to social or political recovery.
...it appears the "Biden-stans" have decided to go "full Bernie Bro." That's a real fucking shame.

I'm well aware of Biden's credentials. I stated that a year ago I supported his run for the presidency precisely because of his qualifications and his experience. Did you not see that I wrote that? You even quoted me saying that!

This is a fucking messageboard and the entire point of the Election forums is to debate things related to the election. If we all stopped "expressing our opinions" then this place turns into an echo chamber. Would that make you happy? Is that what you are after? No I don't think Biden is the best candidate to deal with the aftermath of the Trump regime. I think that his experience is to his detriment. I think there are better candidates than him. And I think they are better candidates despite the fact they haven't spent 36 years as a Senator, haven't served as Chairmen of both the Judiciary Committee and the Foreign Relations Committee, that haven't been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom with Distinction. I could discuss that with you if you like: but it appears that you would rather "chill the debate" by attacking me.