View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 09:46 AM

Has anyone ever had to have their ears re-pierced?

Many moons ago (i.e. in college), I maxed out my ear piercings at 4 in my right ear and 2 in my left. Somewhere along the line, I got tired of wearing all that jewelry and took them all out. My earring wearing habits declined to the point where when I *did* want to wear them, it was becoming increasingly difficult to get the earrings in, and I eventually gave up entirely. It's now been several years since I wore any, and I can no longer manage to get an earring in either ear in the main original piercings that I had done when I was about 10 years old (I'm 32 now).

The problem is that I would very much like to start wearing earrings again, but I guess I'd have to have my ears re-pierced to do so. I'm a little squeamish about it now, though. When I was younger, it was nothing to pop into Claire's boutique at the mall and have them pop a hole in my ear with that spring-loaded gun. I'm a little more cautious about it now...I'd like to find someplace a little more reputable than Claire's to do it, but I have no idea where to go.

Will it be hard to re-pierce my ears in the same spot? Will there be scar tissue from where my old holes closed up? Any ideas on a nice, sanitary, reliable place I can have it done?