View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Wow. I dont know what Op you read...
Same one. It was a 'hey, guys, you're with me on this, right?' message that carried the underlying assumption that We Have Every Right To Assert This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Could you rewrite the OP into a form that is acceptable to you, then, so we can see how this poster could have expressed his feelings in an acceptable manner?
Hypothetically, a man is concerned that he's losing some control over his rationality due to his response to seeing an attractive woman in revealing clothing.

So he could post:

Quote:
The other day I had an experience I have all the time--and I'm trying to figure out if this is just something I have to live with, or if there's some other way I could be responding. Is this the way it is for all men? some men? What?

So I was out minding my own business, driving with my wife somewhere, and this young woman drives up on a scooter. She was very attractive and not fully covered with clothing, you might say. So immediately she was all I could think about.

My wife noticed and was annoyed. And I felt as though I wasn't fully in control of myself---and I don't like that feeling. Sure, it's normal to be attracted to attractive people. We're only human. But this is a degree of obsession that bothers me.

So is this the experience of all men? Some? What's going on?
(made-up post)

Instead what became the foundation of that thread was a sort of humble-brag, as someone else posted. The underlying tone was 'LOOK HOW TESTOSTERONE-LADEN I AM!' And also 'I AM A MAN AND I DON'T APOLOGIZE!'

It was a chest-thumping post disguised as a search for information.