View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 11:55 AM

I don't think it will matter.

Even if America becomes more and more diverse, that diversity will be limited to a handful of large cities and blue states. So those blue states and blue cities will become more left leaning, but huge chunks of america will still be lily white and just as republican as they've always been.*

America is about 40% non-white (although the electorate is only 30% non-white due to non-whites having lower turnout and many non-whites being ineligible to vote for various reasons).

Even if America is 50% non-white in 30 years, and 40% of the electorate is non-white, we will still have a lot of mostly white states that will continue to vote GOP.

So I doubt it'll matter.

Plus as time passed, the 'in group' becomes broader. It used to be 100 years ago that you had to be the right kind of white and the right kind of christian. You had to be an anglo-saxon protestant. So eastern europeans, russians, italians, germans, spaniards, french, catholics, mormons, etc. were out-groups and faced persecution.

Now you just have to be white and christian. So in the future the definition of 'in group' will probably broaden and the far right will have a lot of latinos and LGBTs in it promoting persecution of other people.

Anyway, I doubt it'll matter.

*Having said that, states like Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, etc. will ideally move to the left as demographic changes. But the plains states and much of the south will still be very right wing.

Last edited by Wesley Clark; 10-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.