View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickbacon View Post
1. Jen's testimony
2. Hae's letter to Adnan about being controlling on which he wrote, "I'm going to kill".
3. Hae's diary
4. Adnan's prints on the map cover found in Hae's trunk which had the Leakin Park page torn out
5. The cell tower evidence showing his phone was in Leakin Park when she was likely buried
6. The Nisha call and the voice mail call
7. Adcock's testimony that Adnan lied about asking for a ride
8. Adnan's brother calling him a "masterful liar"
9. Cathy's testimony that Adnan received a call and was acting strange
10. The numerous holes in Adnan's account of where he was and why he did the things he did (eg. lending his car to Jay, calling Hae 3 times the night before she disappears, thinking Hae went to CA).
11. Adnan never trying to contact Hae again after the 13th.
12. He loans his car and cell phone to, and hangs out most of the day with Jay, a person who admits being an accessory to murder.
13. Hae being strangled, a very personal and inefficient way to kill someone
14. Hae likely going missing from the last place Adnan was, and a place Jay wouldn't be. Also that she wouldn't have stopped for just anyone before picking up her cousin.
15. Anonymous tipster with Asian accent fingers Adnan.
16. Yasser, Adnan's good friend states Adnan said if he ever killed his GF, he would dump her car in a lake or the woods.
17. Witnesses state Adnan asked Hae for a ride the day she disappeared.
18. Adnan essentially led a double life and has lots of experience lying convincingly.
19. Adnan has no credible alibi, plausible alternative theory of what happened, or desire to look for any exculpatory evidence.
20. Adnan, and AFAIK, only Adnan has motive, means, and opportunity to kill Hae.

I suppose no single numbered item above means he did it, but the totality of it all is very damning even absent Jay's testimony.
1. True, but it's perhaps related to Jay's testimony.
2. I don't think this is strong evidence. If you go through all the notes of any random teenager back then (when more notes were taken on paper), you're going to find something that is in some way incriminating.
3. If anything, I think her diary points more towards him being innocent. I would expect way more ill will and talk about violent outbursts and such, if it was a diary featuring a murderer.
4. This is nothing. They were together for many months, of course his fingerprints are on some of the stuff.
5. Or he could've been a number of other places, right? Given the cell tower location technology.
6. In absence of Jay's testimony, it has no significance.
7. Of course you are going to say something that a cop trying to prosecute you will critique. Given that, this is mild.
8. Not good evidence that he is a murderer.
9. Was it a testimony, or was it something she said 15 years later, when her mind could have completely reshaped and colored the events?

Etc etc. I don't think any points on this list (except the first) is good evidence for guilt if he is fully innocent.

Quote:
Or, maybe the phone was there. Honestly, do you think his lawyer was THAT bad? Don't you also think someone would have caught that at the time if it were true?
I actually also think the phone was there. Seems like someone would've pointed it out if it wasn't.

Last edited by mr. jp; 11-21-2014 at 07:34 PM.