View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuton View Post
Really? You can't see England being turned over for another 30 runs and Aus chasing 130 handily?

Raining at the start of the day, though, which pushes the draw ever more likely. Eng being behind in the series may force a risky declaration, but I don't see England scoring enough runs to allow enough time to realistically bowl Aus out.

The other test going on has finished with Sri Lanka chasing an impressive 268 to record their first points of the Test Championship, putting them in the lead! Captain's knock of 122 by Karunaratne opening to see them through to shouting distance. It's been a decent test match, and I thought overnight that New Zealand would take it.

Kane Williamson, though, 0 and 4. Rubbish, drop him!
I was going on the number of balls soaked up by the two at the crease overnight. With the drizzle around now I think it is more likely to favour England rather than Australia, but a draw is very much likely. You never know- Root may bat for 30 minutes and declare. With Smith doubtful and the rest of the batting so weak if the pitch starts playing tricks it could work.