View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I'm not the one attributing it. It's Politico. The Washington Post. Reuters. NBC. CNN. I can find more citations, I'm sure.

And to buttress my case, I'm looking at career civil servants who literally have zero problem calling a crime a crime and saying so to Congress. Why wouldn't Mueller do this?
Again, you and others forget the constraints under which Mueller was allowed to investigate. One of the very first things decided at the outset of the investigation (likely ordered by Rosenstein but I have no evidence of this) was that the SC would be constrained by the OLC memo. This should not be surprising, since Mueller was working under the auspices of the DOJ and the memo is guidance that has long been followed by DOJ.

It's clear to anyone who read the report that Mueller intended for Congress to pursue its remedies under impeachment. He gave them a road map to do so. It is Barr who deterred this by mischaracterizing the report from the beginning. I don't understand why you continue to disparage Mueller but give Barr a pass.