View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Those are all fair points, Leaper. With respect to your question, no, I don't see where it does.

What scares me so much is that Trump has succeeded with what I thought were his delusional goals far beyond what I believed the established institutions in this country would permit him to do. He has usurped powers I thought would never be allowed to be granted to him. For an administration to defy Congressional subpoenas, ignore summons for witnesses, to assert a bullshit privilege ("absolute immunity") that simply doesn't exist, to ignore the Hatch Act, hand wave away the Emoluments Clause, all to avoid compliance with norms/traditions many of which have been in effect since practically our country's founding... well, I now put nothing past him or those who have enabled him.

Congressional Republicans and corporate interests may not want him as President for Life, but I think they have fooled themselves into believing they can control him for another 4 years and beyond. We will not recognize this country if he has another 4 years. Hell, I barely recognize it now.

So yeah, a little worried.
Well said Aspenglow. But the crazy thing is that Trumps goals are simple -
  1. Stay out of prison.
  2. Line my pockets with other peoples money.
  3. 1/4 Pounder with cheese, extra ketchup, and no icky pickles.

That's it. That's all he can hold in his head. That's the President of the United States. We have seen him try to speak, we know this.

We also know that he can't make choices or decisions on his own. He is being told what to do by outsiders. Some in the Senate, some perhaps from other countries. He is being pulled in many directions, and all he really wants is someone to adore him and a cheeseburger.

Trump isn't 'losing it'. He never had it. He is a careless crook that can't see beyond his gold plated toiled and the gold diggers of all stripes that suck up to him.