View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Oh well, so much for that. I'm still going to drink the beer.
Not too much though--alcohol is hard on the brain cells and you've probably lost a lot just reading that moron's amazingly stupid "ideas" just regarding a disney ride to the top of Everest, let alone anything else that's dribbled out of his slack piehole. Pace yourself, homie, let things regenerate in there a bit.

I've witnessed first hand the amazing amount of work it takes to get construction equipment into a relatively accessible canyon in the Sierra Nevada to put in a geothermal power plant, I'm boggling that anyone would think it a trivial matter to construct something even more ambitious up the highest peak in the world. I mean, just filling in enough of a canyon to make a foundation spot for a modest power plant required YEARS of dozers winching and hauling each other up and down slopes that were nowhere near what's normal on Everest, and let's not even bother factoring in the weather and snow load and avalanche and landslide potential because it's already impossible--and for what, so a few idiots can take selfies up there without risking death? I mean, fuck all the people who'd likely die trying to construct the fucking thing, sheesh.