View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exapno Mapcase View Post
For years, women protested against the misogynistic comments that far too many men casually posted without consequences. Then the women figuratively stood up, took center stage, and yelled loudly. Surprise, surprise, the mods did a total turnaround and began, shock, moderating those comments. The Usual Suspects, and yes, they were indeed those and everybody knew their names, whined bitterly and were told to stuff it. Some were banned, some left, some got careful, and the board got a bit better, though not perfect.
I've read members mention this event a couple times now. What do you mean when you say "the women figuratively... yelled loudly"? Did they start calling out posters in debate and election threads? Did they make ATMB threads? Did they email TubaDiva and threaten to cancel their subscriptions? If I think that the moderators aren't doing their (volunteer) jobs, what should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exapno Mapcase View Post
We all know who the other set of Usual Suspects are. I've reported posts and received no reaction from the mods. Others have as well. Not only do the mods not take action against them, they protect them and call out those who oppose aloud. This is behavior extremely similar to what the women of the Dope long despaired about.

If you're new enough not to understand the coded language I'm using, then this post may be gibberish. Code is all that is allowed in ATMB. I'm betting that the mods can decipher me. You there, in the mod loop, can you hear me now?
No, I don't understand your coded language.

~Max

Last edited by Max S.; 10-10-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarified that moderators are volunteers