View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babale View Post
The officer had no idea that the criminal was dead already.
He didn't know anything, was my point. He didn't know who he was after, who else was in there, if the perp was armed, what the perp was wearing, how many other kids there might have been, or if there was a robot in the closet. He didn't know anything. Why was he charging into the house? Poor policing. Bad decisions.
Quote:
He went into a house, which was filled with debris due to the entry of a criminal just before. He had to go in right away -- or should he have stayed outside and tried to ascertain information?
He had to... he had no choice in the matter? Who told him to do this? YES: IMO the officer should have tried to determine what was going on before he charged into an unfamiliar close quarters area to face unknown assailants.
Quote:
What if the grandpa didn't wake up because of his deafness, and the intruder was in the process of killing the kid, and the police had stayed outside to try and determine what was happening (do you have an actual suggestion of how they would go about this?) for an extra five minutes, during which the kid had his throat slit?
None of that happened. Please try and stick with actual events, not hypothetical events. Bringing them up adds nothing to the discussion unless you are prepared to present evidence of having been in the officer's head doing the shooting or you have Rick's portal gun, and I doubt either of those is the case.
Quote:
You've admitted that you haven't watched the video, and aren't going to. And yet, you make these blanket statements that are easily contradicted by the footage.z
Nothing I've written has recieved a response from you or anyone else showing that what I wrote was contradicted by the video, and, in fact, I've accepted your summation of the video without reservation thus far. Trying to bring up that I don't want to watch a human being be needlessly slaughtered is hardly a good debate tactic, and has no bearing on the things I'm saying. The cop did a shitty, reckless thing because he was spectacularly bad at his job. A law-abiding citizen is dead.
Quote:
I am not one to justify police shootings. But in this case? I don't see what the else the cop could have done.
The second sentence falsifies the first.