View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
Damn Taiwanese and their complete inability to comprehend that somehow the sound blaring from their smart phone doesn't magically only fill their ears without bothering the fuck out of everyone else around.

People watch videos in restaurants without using earphones. What annoyes me the most is when they insist on screaming into their phone on speaker mode with poor connections so the other person's voice crackles in and out.

There are tables in the convience stores where people can sit. It's not a library, so you don't expect complete silence, but good god, why can't people just stop being the center of the fucking universe for one minute? It would be OK if a gentle request would work just they just ignore you.

When I was working freelance teaching, I would carry around a speaker for my music. Eurotechno beat is a fun reminder to people to shut the fuck up.
It's not just Taiwanese. Awhile back I took my granddaughter to Popeye's for dinner. There was a family sitting at the table behind us, watching some stupid Nickelodeon or Disney kids sitcom on their phone at full blast. We wound up moving to a different table so I didn't have sitcom blasting into my ears. I would have said something but I'm sure it wouldn't have made any difference.