View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
You think Trump won with the votes of nazis, white suprememcists, homophobes and misogynists? You don't think anyone else voted for him? Were these nazis the same folks that told pollsters they wouldn't vote for trump but then went and voted for Trump? Trump need more than Nazis to win and you gave them to him. Good job.
You just can't stop yourself. "It's the Democrats' fault Republicans keep nominating and electing deeply corrupt politicians!" Seriously, does this "It's your fault for not stopping us from doing evil" argument work anywhere outside Spider-Man comics?

Quote:
And the left does the same to the right.
No it doesn't - not to the scale, breadth, frequency, or level of consequence that the right do it, with a difference of several orders of magnitude. Oh, the right claim that the left do it... but where on the left are the major news networks who directly coordinated talking points with the Obama White House? Where are the national television syndicates forcing their news anchors to broadcast - and often read directly - pre-prepared leftist propaganda as part of their news bulletins? Where are left-wing equivalents of ALEC? Where are the Democrats deliberately restricting access to voting booths in Republican-leaning areas? Until you can answer those, you don't get to claim that it's all just business as usual.

Quote:
This isn't merely both sides do it. its simply partisan politics.
Got it - this isn't merely "both sides do it", it's "both sides do it".

Quote:
Boy, I'm glad that wasn't there when we elected a black man... TWICE!!!
I like how you think that's an argument. Seriously. Did that make sense in your head?

Also, are you now aware that the massive ramping up of the disenfranchisement and voter suppression efforts is specifically because we elected a black Democrat twice?
Quote:
Yes. And you should stop poking the bear. It serves no useful purpose other than give the speaker the psychic gratification of being able to say shitty things under the guise of saying non-shitty things.
Setting aside which of us is engaging in "the psychic gratification of being able to say shitty things under the guise of saying non-shitty things", I thought right-wingers liked people who "tell it like it is"? Who were plain-speaking and open and honest about the Way Things Are? But now you say this sort of thing is "poking the bear." Are you telling me that Democrats instead should start lying more? That they should deliberately engage in massive misinformation campaigns designed to dupe the voting public? That they should keep repeating lies over and over again no matter how often they are debunked until people just automatically believe them without thinking? I mean, that seems to me to be what you're arguing.

Quote:
You should stop vilifying people for being white.
Again, this is less a "thing that is actually happening" and more a "deliberate right-wing misrepresentation of left-wing positions against racism". I know this has been pointed out to you before - why do you keep repeating it?

Quote:
You should stop using language that is prima facie offensive and then retreat to say "well the meaning of that offensive phrase is actually not offensive if you had read the scholarly article on the kneejerk reaction white people (and really everyone) has when confronted with their own privilege or bias.
I'll stop doing that once it gets translated into 1) English and 2) reality.

Last edited by Gyrate; 10-05-2018 at 09:23 AM.