Thread: Tax the rich!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:43 PM

I knew someone like neutro. Endlessly whined and complained about taxes, especially taxes that went towards helping the community. Taxes for education? My kid isn't in school anymore, so why should I pay a cent? Taxes for public transit? I don't use the bus, so why should I pay a cent? Always endless me, me, me talk, without a single concept in their head of how paying their taxes helped them in the bigger picture. Of course, their gotcha for why their taxes wasn't helping them was corruption in the system. They believed even if having an educated workforce would help them find better employees for their business, that wasn't going to happen, because lazy teachers would just take the higher pay and not work. Or government officials would take the money and not fix the roads. Always a pointing finger at everybody else while they whined about everything under the sun. I should've asked if they were willing to repave the potholes they care so much about, personally, rather than depend on the local town to do it. I imagine they would have balked at the suggestion that they pay to make their own lives better if it managed to also help anyone else. Because they made it clear they were only in it for themselves and nobody else. I think this attitude is the clear problem with what's going on in America today. And the saddest part is, guys like this and neutro think that they're part of the elite wealthy we're always talking about! Not even close. They're making pennies compared to the people bringing in the real wealth inequality in this country. But they still can't even recognize that they're making dozens of times more than the average American and their lives aren't even remotely difficult, and they still wouldn't be even remotely difficult if they were taxed more. But of course, how dare anyone propose you give appropriately back into the system that helps generate your wealth?