View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
No they aren't. Can directly cite some MIT papers on this subject but I'm going to ask you point blank to see if you're actually just bullshitting yourself.
https://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi...n.1993.5.3.263

Stephen Kosslyn here argues that mental image processing involves the visual cortex, which is at odds with syntactic-representational model. Kosslyn is one of a number of opponents of CTM. Many others are dipshit philosophers but Kosslyn does real empirical work. Many of his conclusions are wrong, but it pains me greatly to have you on my side for the wrong reasons. Please side with Kosslyn and others like him and discredit them with your supportive idiotic bloviations. Please don't be on my side.
Quote:
If you have a digital system that produces the same truth table as another digital system, can you say those systems are functionally the same?
Seems like circular reasoning since you're making the unwarranted assumption that brain functions are digital. Regardless, a functionalist view is a philosophical precept that tells us nothing at all about how the brain actually works. Perhaps you believe that a Boeing 747 is functionally a sparrow, but it isn't. FTR, I believe the brain can eventually be fully emulated with artificial digital systems, but that's an opinion and not a fact. And if/when we do, we still won't fully understand how the brain works, although you apparently already do, in keeping with knowing everything, Dunning-Kruger style.
Quote:
It's a persuasive argument, actually. Each question I asked has a single accepted answer by the community. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to figure out the answer if wolfpup even passed signals and systems or the equivalent course.
Of course! Signals and Systems 101 and all of cognitive science is solved! How very SamuelA! What a total fucking dipshit moron!

Last edited by wolfpup; 12-28-2017 at 05:24 PM.