View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:25 AM

S06E02 - originally aired 6/24/2019

Seems like they are running out of new acts and instead inviting back all the previous foolers this season.

1. Javi Benitez - Close-up string magic. He kept saying at various points that he didn't want to "touch" the gypsy thread, yet at one point he grabs a bunch of pieces and tucks them into Allison's hand, so it seems like a simple sleight of hand.

2. Rebecca Herrera - Pulling numbers out of thin air. Did the sound of the blocks give it away, or was she concealing a device that wouldn't set off a metal detector? Would she be able to be signaled by an off-camera audience member or is that against the rules? I'm actually interested in learning more about this one.

3. Helen Coghlan - Chained behind a screen. Is it possible one of the assistants slipped a key into her hand and then she rattled around some chains in an attempt to buy time and make it seem more convincing? I don't know how else it could have been done. The screen was large but I think it was meant as a misdirect. Also, as soon as she's covered, you can see something poking through the screen...what was that?

4. Danny Cole - Tie and hanger magic, plus flying invisible chairs. I didn't understand Penn's double-speak, was he suggesting that Danny was miming all the chair stuff? I thought it was quite fun and looked impressive.

5. Penn & Teller - Silent magic of Penn Jillette. This trick actually creeped me out because I could tell there was something wrong with how Penn looked. Then near the end of the restoration, Penn's red fingernail disappeared (in another shot, you can see it fell on the floor). At that point, it was obvious what the reveal would be. Very Mission:Impossible-esque.

Also, heads up, P&T will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight (6/25). They tend to repeat acts that they've performed on Fool Us, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing the same one as above.

Last edited by cluck; 06-25-2019 at 04:30 AM.