View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkMelon View Post
He's a crazy old man who marries all his daughter, lives alone with them out in the wilderness, and has had the same relationship with the Night's Watch for years and years now. I can easily imagine him getting a little more abusive each time he shelters them until finally the situation has reached the point of no return. The real world is full of people dying because of their own stupidity. He's just one of many examples of the exact same thing in Westeros.
Well, his craziness seems quite specific, as in all other respects he's a survivor. And he usually doesn't let his guard down (e.g. when he realizes he's being followed by jon snow).

And it's not just Craster, the lord commander walked into that situation blind. I don't care how many times he's been to Craster's before, it seems out of character for him not to appreciate the risks of this many ill-disciplined guys in a confined space with weapons and plenty of incentive around them.

Of course, I'm unlikely to convince someone to be irked by something that they didn't find irksome when they watched it themselves.
Just wanted to know if there was more specific reasoning for this state of affairs.

IMO, the Wall and the Night's Watch, while some of the most famous things about GoT, are the bits that make the least sense in the story.