View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 AM

I'm all for giving managers a chance but I think Mourinho had his, and then some. The question is, will history end up viewing him as a great manager with one or two bad spells, or an egotist who had fleeting success that he later couldn't replicate? Obviously that will depend on what he does next. If it's the former, it will be very frustrating as a United fan that I couldn't do it for us, but I would still blame him, not the club. Then again, you never really know what goes on behind the scenes.

Hopefully Pogba will stay if he likes whoever the new manager is. But I see they don't intend to appoint a permanent replacement until the summer, which I guess means they're basically writing this season off as trophyless. That seems odd to me.

Worse still, Solskjaer is the current bookies' favourite - loved him as a player and a person, don't think he's the right man for the job, Giggs would be better and that's not saying much. Next in line are Blanc and Zidane - both having had some experience but untested at more than one big club (like Mourinho...). Pochettino or Howe would be good, I think. Mark Hughes didn't even make the list - not surprisingly. But he would also be a better option that Solskjaer, in my uninformed opinion.