View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Have you read article 3 of the Constitution? It describes scenario where Congress can limit and affect SCOTUS. Article 1 establishes the chief justice so Congress cannot set the number to zero.

The court started with six seats as established by Congress, and has gone as high as 10 as established by Congress. Your understanding of the contours of the law in this matter are contain significant errors.
Article III, Section I:

Quote:
The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.
Not seeing it. Congress can fuss with inferior courts...not the Supreme Court which is one of the three branches of government, made to be co-equal with the other two. Checks and balances. It would go 100% against the FF's notions to let one branch supersede another branch.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill