View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Will you be voting effectively to remove them from power? N.B. "Effectively" implies voting for the Democrat in every contested race.

If you can't answer "yes" to that question, then you might as well be a Republican and cop to the irresponsibility of your actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
That level of purity is just flat out ridiculous. In fact it is the very thing that tends to screw this country( "Trump looks like an unhinged loon but, hey, he's the Republican and I have to vote for my party" ). I'm well out on the left side of the political spectrum, but I have occasionally voted for R candidates( though not since 2006, I think )and I don't rule out doing so in the future. If voting for some random Republican Insurance Commissioner or something makes me a true blue Republican, even if every other vote I cast is for a Democrat, then this system is deeply fucked.

Unthinking party loyalty should be anathema to any reasonable adult.
It's not about party loyalty; it's about the eradication of the Republican Party. Once that's been accomplished, the Democratic Party can fragment, for all I care (and I fully expect it to).

Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.