View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
Now, I didn't read every post in every thread, but I guess I must have missed the SDMB's coterie of angry atheists making puerile jokes at the expense of the Muslim holiday.
Sorry. My Muslamic Raygun is out for repairs.

Aside from that... I'm supposed to be angry about Christmas, now? Should I get mildly peeved about Easter, or should I be incandescent about Easter because it's the more religious holiday, despite the pagan name? Of course, Christmas has even more pagan accretions, despite the Christian name; the Easter Bunny is Lutheran, whereas Christmas has a Yule log and mistletoe. What were we talking about again? Oh, yes: How atheists don't know about religion because we have a morality centered around the Golden Rule, as opposed to thinking innate characteristics are somehow the subject of morality even though that's logically incoherent and represents a gross misunderstanding of what morality even is. I mean, if someone were to imply that having attached earlobes was immoral, would you debate the morality of earlobe shapes? No! You'd think that person had a completely broken definition of "morality" for even imagining that ears could be immoral!

Now where were we? Oh, yes. My Muslamic Raygun got knocked out of calibration Tuesday last when I tried to heat up some rabbit and Pfalzer flung theses at me. Damn things gummed up the works but good.