Old 09-06-2018, 01:19 AM
Charter Member

Scumpup...who or what is he/she?

Of late I've noticed some shitty turds being laid in threads by our esteemed member, Scumpup. To be honest, he/she has fallen under my radar for Posters to be Avoided for many years....has only come to my attention recently.

I searched his/her name, and found that pretty much ALL of the threads he/she have started have been benign and conversational....so what has happened?

Is he/she now just a cranky retiree who gets his/her jollies being a shithead on the boards?

Or have I just been oblivious of the nasty and cantankerous posts that he/she contributes to any (otherwise normal) thread?

Who or what is SCUMPUP??
Old 09-06-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambuckta View Post
Who or what is SCUMPUP??
A puppy? A somewhat scummy puppy?

I have a vague notion of some occasional snarkiness, but without a few specifics that's as far as I can go.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:57 AM

Been a snarky anti-liberal for a while now: seemed to get worse (to the level of annoyance) after Trump, IMO.

Last edited by BigT; 09-06-2018 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Sometimes he posts drunk. Never a good idea, of course.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
...benign and conversational....
??
Old 09-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Isn’t he the guy with the motorcycle?

Or isn’t she the gal with the motorcycle?

Motorcycles are so alien to my existence that if someone mentions motorcycles, I think of them as “that motorcycle person.”
Old 09-06-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andros View Post
??
Ignore that. Pre-coffee posting.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:44 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Scumpup is a pathetic little man who gets his entertainment from taking potshots at people in the Pit. I seem to recall him talking about retirement, so maybe he just has more time right now to indulge in this toxic little habit. But he's always been a mean-spirited asshole.

Here's a sample of his recent jabs against a variety of other posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
Go away, pustule. I am having a little talk with someone who, odious as he is, is worth a truckload of you.
Quote:
Admire? Only in the sense that one could be said to admire a persistent fungal infection. It, after all, never gives up or goes away either. Tonight, when you lay your head down to sleep, think about this exchange. No doubt, you consider yourself the victor. Ask yourself why. Was it because you were smart or cool or witty? Was it because you displayed courage in the face of adversity? Or is it just because you can't bear to add one more thing to the endless list of times you failed?
Quote:
Good Christ...The Rubber/Glue Gambit? You really haven't an ounce of self-respect left, do you?
Quote:
No. I got that from another member who PMed me. I'm not nearly the only one here who considers you an odious, toxic tile-crawler.
Quote:
Wait! An absolute nonentity like you wants to shit on me for bringing nothing to the board? If nothing else, I bring strife. You, like Cuntasstasia, have nothing to offer but "Me too!" Fuck me, she is actually a couple notches above you by virtue of being a gossip and a shit-stirrer. You are nobody.
Quote:
Hey now! If it isn't everybody's favorite fake old time lefty! I'm responding to you because it seems that, if I don't, nobody will. I consider it my act of charity for an old liar who can't seem to write a funny one line post to save his life. If it weren't for me, how would you know your posts even show up on the board?
Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, after a decade or so of watching you do your toxic yinzer cunt thing, I just don't like you. What? You thought that being the pile-on queen and a gossip/shit-stirrer across several boards was the path to being universally beloved?
Quote:
Stoner POS. Your chemical dependancy does not make you a hero of the revolution.
Quote:
I don't place much value on the opinion of a person who can't face life without an intoxicant. Go smoke up. Stoners are at their best when they are high enough to finally shut the fuck up.
Quote:
I don't place much stock in the opinions of a guy who hasn't had a non-chemically altered week of his life in years. You aren't morally wrong to be a stoner, you just aren't someone whose opinion matters to me any more than the mutterings of the wetbrains at the halfway house down the street.
Quote:
Thanks for giving us the venomous yinzer toad take on this topic.
Quote:
I don't really know who you are. Nor have I read the Netflix thread. I'm just stopping in to note that Dibble is a pompous, preening jackass who is entirely too sure of himself as the most moral guy in the room. He is also one of the top three shrill, annoying scolds at the SDMB. He could look like Idris Elba and I'd still consider him an asshole.
Quote:
Those of you coming down so hard on Mr. Dibble are, clearly, just bigoted against pompous blowhards.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:56 AM

I knew he was an asshat with a penchant for taking potshots at posters who don't know he exists, but that is an impressive roster of nastiness.

Maybe he's one of those guys who got dour and whiny after they stopped working? Perhaps a hobby would help?
Old 09-06-2018, 12:08 PM

But what about all the valuable original content that he generates?

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=834060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup
Gangbanged by which musical group?
By which of these musical groups would you prefer to be gangbanged?...

Y'all fight that hypothetical as if it were Hitler....

Au contraire. The question involves which of the listed bands the respondent would prefer to have pouring the pork to hir....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding some hidden point in your OP, I doubt you'll get many women to respond because even hypothetical gangbanging by rock stars is pretty disgusting and scary.
Quote:
Well, I think you owe me, and the board at large, an apology for your egregious sexism. I troubled to use the pronoun "hir."
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=790931

Quote:
A demon gives you the ability to cure cancer...
or AIDS or any one disease of your choice. Of course, there is a catch. You can work your curative magic only by having unprotected anal sex with the afflicted person. How do you make use of your new ability?
Old 09-06-2018, 12:15 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Maybe he's one of those guys who got dour and whiny after they stopped working? Perhaps a hobby would help?
No, he's always been a nasty piece of work who specialized in snark and mean-spirited remarks. You can find posts like that going back years. I assume he is bored now, and has made this his hobby now that he has more time to indulge it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I knew he was an asshat with a penchant for taking potshots at posters who don't know he exists, but that is an impressive roster of nastiness.
And that's just within the past few months.

Last edited by Colibri; 09-06-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:22 PM

I assumed that he was either a pup consisting of scum or a pup that subsists on scum.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:33 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
I assumed that he was either a pup consisting of scum or a pup that subsists on scum.
Either one works.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Based on this thread, I'm just going with his name being four-sevenths accurate.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:07 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
Based on this thread, I'm just going with his name being four-sevenths accurate.
One assumes that people pick their usernames in order to say something about themselves. So that a user named RagingAsshole usually turns out to be a raging asshole, and Ima Troll a troll. At least we don't need to come up with an insulting name for him, since he's done it himself.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Hello, my name is 'luc, and I'm a Scumpup survivor. Right here on my ankle is where he savagely gummed me.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:59 PM

Hi 'luc.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Isn't he the guy who sometimes implies that he's a One Percenter, but then if someone mentions that, he gets all bent out of shape?
Old 09-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Back in the day, Hell's Angels didn't read, much less type.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM
SD Curator of Critters

The dickwad is at it again, without ever having had the courage to show up in this thread.

Quote:
What do you use to justify your hatred? From what I've seen of you over the years, you have plenty of it.
Quote:
Don't you have family members you could be letting down?
Old 09-09-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
But what about all the valuable original content that he generates?

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=834060
This gets closed with no warning? Interesting.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

The Dixie Chicks didn't win hands down? Nor the Roches? Pointer Sisters? The fix was in....
Old 09-09-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Stoner POS. Your chemical dependancy does not make you a hero of the revolution.
Quote:
I don't place much value on the opinion of a person who can't face life without an intoxicant. Go smoke up. Stoners are at their best when they are high enough to finally shut the fuck up.
Quote:
I don't place much stock in the opinions of a guy who hasn't had a non-chemically altered week of his life in years. You aren't morally wrong to be a stoner, you just aren't someone whose opinion matters to me any more than the mutterings of the wetbrains at the halfway house down the street.

How old is this shlub? 87?
Old 09-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
The Dixie Chicks didn't win hands down? Nor the Roches? Pointer Sisters? The fix was in....
The Roches. There's a name I haven't seen in awhile.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:05 PM

"The Scumpups" sounds like a 70s punk group that gained notoriety from disgusting onstage antics rather than musical talent.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
"The Scumpups" sounds like a 70s punk group that gained notoriety from disgusting onstage antics rather than musical talent.
Not only did their bass player have no experience with the instrument, the rhythm guitarist was dead.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:59 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Isn't he the guy who sometimes implies that he's a One Percenter, but then if someone mentions that, he gets all bent out of shape?
Quote:
Back in the day, Hell's Angels didn't read, much less type.
It would make more sense if he was a Hell's Angel. But the truly creepy thing about Scumpup is that he claims to be (or have been) a schoolteacher. The thought of such a hate-filled, nasty, vicious-minded scumbag being responsible for the guidance of children is deeply disturbing.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:05 PM

might one ask how he still has posting privileges ? ?
Old 09-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
One assumes that people pick their usernames in order to say something about themselves. So that a user named RagingAsshole usually turns out to be a raging asshole, and Ima Troll a troll...
This is very true. In real life, I am a 1920s scat singer who later voiced Jiminy Cricket in a Disney feature and eventually died destitute in 1971.

I’ll come by late tonight and haunt your ass. As long as you got liquor in the house, and something good in th’ icebox ta eat.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
The one percent of American males who moved back in with Mommy?
Old 09-09-2018, 06:26 PM
BANNED

Yeah, you like to stalk some dopers to know more about them, often concluding they're unproductive individuals with lots of internet time. In any case, I wouldn't recommend meeting with him.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloe Moe View Post
Yeah, you like to stalk some dopers to know more about them, often concluding they're unproductive individuals with lots of internet time. In any case, I wouldn't recommend meeting with him.
Did you read the OP dumbass?

Here, let me reiterate:
Quote:
I searched his/her name, and found that pretty much ALL of the threads he/she have started have been benign and conversational....so what has happened?

Now, try again.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
The Roches. There's a name I haven't seen in awhile.
The Andrews Sisters on acid.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
The Andrews Sisters on acid.
Naaa - more like Girlschool gone acoustic.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:24 PM

I think we are reading it wrong: it is supposed to be pronounced “scump up”.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hello, my name is 'luc, and I'm a Scumpup survivor. Right here on my ankle is where he savagely gummed me.
Yup. He barks a lot--likes to write me PMs where he calls me "princess"--but, despite his best wishes, he's pretty harmless.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Scumpup is a pathetic little man who gets his entertainment from taking potshots at people in the Pit. I seem to recall him talking about retirement, so maybe he just has more time right now to indulge in this toxic little habit. But he's always been a mean-spirited asshole.

Here's a sample of his recent jabs against a variety of other posters.
Oh, yeah. I put him on ignore around the same time as the Trump supporters and conservatives who were just trying to get a rise out of people, and forgot that it was this that led me to decide not to bother reading his stuff.

Basically, anyone I feel is just trying to get a rise out of people gets on my ignore list. I know about myself that I'm easily angered, so it gives me a reminder so I don't just feel a "need" to respond. If I feel like I'm missing out on the conversation, I can click to see what they said.

But, as you can guess, that rarely happens when someone is just taking potshots.

Last edited by BigT; 09-09-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Wait being as asshole in the Pit is frowned upon now? I thought that was the whole reason it existed. I'll admit, I've laughed at a lot of his insults.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
Wait being as asshole in the Pit is frowned upon now? I thought that was the whole reason it existed. I'll admit, I've laughed at a lot of his insults.
Well, the delightful "Gangbanged by which musical group" thread was in IMHO.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:28 PM

I have avoided that bad vibe. Thank the stars.
I have read pretty much everything that is possible to read on this here board and I have found nothing redeeming in his posts.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
I think we are reading it wrong: it is supposed to be pronounced “scump up”.
Well, don't Kids Today say that you should always scump up, never scump down?
Old 09-09-2018, 10:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Did you read the OP dumbass?

Here, let me reiterate: .

Now, try again.
Scumpup, James Scumpup.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I have avoided that bad vibe. Thank the stars.
I have read pretty much everything that is possible to read on this here board and I have found nothing redeeming in his posts.
100%. He's been on ignore for me for quite some time. He just comes across as a complete shit.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Yup. He barks a lot--likes to write me PMs where he calls me "princess"....
Oh, you love it, you little tease! We all know where you've been!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
In any case, I wouldn't recommend meeting with him.
Of all the reasons I'd put forward for not wanting to converse with Scumpup in real life his owning a gun is very, very low down the list. Unless you are suggesting that he's the sort of prick who would pull a gun the moment someone told him he was an utter arsehole?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Of all the reasons I'd put forward for not wanting to converse with Scumpup in real life his owning a gun is very, very low down the list. Unless you are suggesting that he's the sort of prick who would pull a gun the moment someone told him he was an utter arsehole?
BECAUSE you probably don't have any good reason to meet him, so why do it and risk things turning south? I'm saying that as a gun owner who carries. I (and probably a lot of other gun carriers) like being alone. If I had such a big and secure social circle, my reasons for carrying will be fewer.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
BECAUSE you probably don't have any good reason to meet him, so why do it and risk things turning south? I'm saying that as a gun owner who carries. I (and probably a lot of other gun carriers) like being alone. If I had such a big and secure social circle, my reasons for carrying will be fewer.
Take your complete and utter non sequitur to another thread.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
BECAUSE you probably don't have any good reason to meet him, so why do it and risk things turning south?
You're arguing that people who carry a gun can't be trusted not to shoot you if you have a verbal argument with them?

You might want to walk back your position there a bit, maybe to the rather more reasonable "Don't meet scumpup in real life, because then you might have to talk to him, which would be really shit". But even then I wonder why you'd add that as let's be honest how many people actually want to meet the tedious little prick anyway?
Old 09-10-2018, 03:43 AM
BANNED

You know, you're right. I felt kinda strange writing that. But I still mean it. I don't want to have to meet with strangers if I can help it. My carrying a gun, and others probably doing the same, just highlights how much we ought to respect people's space and silence.

As to Scumpup and the equally amusing OP, they're the light characters here; harmless enough not to pit or even take seriously. So that recent gun purchase was just a rib at the start but, no reason why we can't discuss the more serious aspects of it.

Peace.

Last edited by Sloe Moe; 09-10-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:43 AM

If you feel as though you might be experiencing mental health issues, it would be best if you surrendered your weapon at the nearest police station.