Old 01-28-2014, 03:50 PM

Hey, I've recently gotten hooked on this game. I'm carchcarch669, if anyone (please!) wants to add me! Thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:04 AM

Noticed that my friends list got reordered, which usually happens just before an event. Hopefully it starts soon!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Ten minutes after I post, there's a minor update. You'll want Homer and Lisa free to start.

SPOILER:
It seems to concern the Super Bowl.

Last edited by ekweizn; 01-29-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Removing spoiler
Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowkar View Post
Stink Fish Pot - you can get rid of friends by using - Origin for PC or Mac - https://www.origin.com/en-us/download. You can also find friends that way. You can look at who your friends have as friends and make friend requests. It's not like Facebook, where you really need to know someone. I'm pretty sure several people found me that way and I did it to find some too.
Is this a program written by EA, or did someone else com up with it? And if the latter, how do you know it is safe?

I have done some research, and it would seem that EA does NOT permit you to remove friends (at least no one can figure out how to do it through the current release of TSTO. That seems to be an odd "feature"

I have noticed that a few friends have dropped me, which could mean that someone has consolidated their play from a number of screens to one, or they had someone else they wanted to add... I understand that, since I don't actually know anyone IRL, but the game gives no indication that you are down a few friends. I happened to find out by accident last night when i tried to add a new friend and it took a new friend. I added three or four new ones until I hit the 100 number again.

There are a few people that I need to get rid of. I honestly don't even think they are playing the game anymore, because when I hit a house or whatever, it is my screen name that pops up. It looks like I'm the only person hitting some of these towns.

Anyone know any specifics on the program sideshowkar has linked to?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:23 AM

Origin is EA. It's their online content distributor. It's like Steam but for EA games.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Thanks.

I can't seem to get it to load on my iPad.

How do i do this? I followed the directions, and i couldn't seem to load it and run it on my device.

It is currently sitting in my drop box, where it cannot be opened, run, or accessed in any way.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
I can't seem to get it to load on my iPad.
You appear to have missed the part where it's for your Mac or PC.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekweizn View Post
You appear to have missed the part where it's for your Mac or PC.

That would explain my problem. (One of them anyway)

Thanks for pointing that out. Don't know how I missed that.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:02 PM

So,

Seriously, is there NO way to clean up my friend list if i play on the iPad?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:26 PM

There's this.

It says that you have to use the Android method now for ipads.

http://tstotopix.me/2013/10/26/back-...eting-friends/

That method seems to be to download the software sideshowkar linked to. I've not used it myself.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 PM

I saw that this morning, however the very first line stopped me in my tracks.

"UPDATE: Since the update 14th jan 2014 this is no longer an option! "

That seems to imply it doesn't work, so I am not sure WHAT sideshowkar used.

That link to origin takes me to the same software that I tried to download today and didn't realize it wouldn't work on my ipad.

If anyone can tell me how to delete friends on an iPad, i would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ten minutes after I post, there's a minor update. You'll want Homer and Lisa free to start.

SPOILER:
It seems to concern the Super Bowl.
I wonder if that's all there is. I got the update on my phone, Homer was free so I put him on the task. Then a few hours later when everyone else was free I put Lisa on her task and everyone else on 60 minute tasks (not knowing what was going to happen next).

Two hours after that I load up my tablet. It gets the update. Lisa isn't doing anything, half my down isn't doing anything and that job isn't in the task bar so I'm hoping it's completed, but it's not asking me to do anything else.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassyPhrase View Post
Hey, I've recently gotten hooked on this game. I'm carchcarch669, if anyone (please!) wants to add me! Thanks!
I tried adding you (I'm xamovo), but it said it couldn't find a user with your name.

I put all my characters on 24 hour tasks this morning, so I can't start the new update until tomorrow.

Rumor has it

SPOILER:
Sunday we'll get a Duff blimp and 7 free donuts.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 PM

Hey everyone!
Just started playing. I'm "MooseNog" in case you want to add me.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So,

Seriously, is there NO way to clean up my friend list if i play on the iPad?
Install Origin on your Mac or PC, sign into your account there, and delete all the friends you like.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I wonder if that's all there is. I got the update on my phone, Homer was free so I put him on the task. Then a few hours later when everyone else was free I put Lisa on her task and everyone else on 60 minute tasks (not knowing what was going to happen next).

Two hours after that I load up my tablet. It gets the update. Lisa isn't doing anything, half my down isn't doing anything and that job isn't in the task bar so I'm hoping it's completed, but it's not asking me to do anything else.
Well, later on in the night, the next part of the task picked back up. I started a two 2-hour jobs and went to bed. The next part, again, didn't start.

My account seems to be having an issue with this task. Luckily it's short, hopefully it'll get through the whole thing before Sunday and I can get the blimp.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:35 AM

Lisa prompted it for me and they were two 4 hour tasks for her and Homer. I set them on those and I brought my tablet into work today so I can follow up after those are completed and continue. I can't access it through my company's vendor wireless so I have to go to another floor where the building has an open network. I know it's a hard knock life.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Install Origin on your Mac or PC, sign into your account there, and delete all the friends you like.
Well, I guess this will work, but it sure seems a roundabout way to delete people.

And since my laptop is dead right now, I won't be able to delete folks for a while. I have been looking for motivation to get my laptop straightened out.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

I've had both Lisa and Homer available at times since the update but have not gotten any new tasks for them. Is there a level or building requirement or something?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:00 PM

I just found this walkthrough so this may help:

http://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Sim...content_update

I also got hit with another update this morning when I logged in at work.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess this will work, but it sure seems a roundabout way to delete people.

And since my laptop is dead right now, I won't be able to delete folks for a while. I have been looking for motivation to get my laptop straightened out.
Another way is to install the Scrabble app, which apparently still has the ability to manage your Origin friend list.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skammer View Post
I've had both Lisa and Homer available at times since the update but have not gotten any new tasks for them. Is there a level or building requirement or something?
Disregard this; I logged in 30 minutes later and got the tasks (although they are both currently busy for the next few hours).
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Arnie Pye is the best premium character buy for stacking handshakes. His program on Channel 6 is ridiculously profitable.
Can you expound on this a bit?

I looked up Arnie Pie, and all I could find was his task list, which gives a $1000 for a 24-hour task.

Not what you are referring to, I'm sure. What else can he do, and what is he ridiculously profitable doing?

I need to spend some donuts. I want whatever I spend donuts in to return me some cash and/or xp.

Arnie is around 85 donuts, and that's just about all the donuts I have. So if I spring for him, i want to make sure it's profitable.

Last edited by crypto; 01-31-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

The reason he's profitable is that his task at Channel 6 can stack like the Squidport tiles, so you can have multiple friends tap his task each day.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Don't forget to pick up your Super Bowl items today!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
The reason he's profitable is that his task at Channel 6 can stack like the Squidport tiles, so you can have multiple friends tap his task each day.
...and it's also the easiest one to mistakenly tap !

I can never get more than two handshakes before I lose it.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Well, I have every single character in the game except(I think) Flanders and Maude at Homer's Super Bowl party. I will post a picture of all the handshakes coming out of the Simpsons' house. It should be about 80 people.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

If you care to see it, here is everyone completing a task. I should say everyone, but two characters.

The thumbs did not quite fit on the screen, but here it is.

Here they are pouring out of the house.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 AM

Those are two cool pictures.

Is there an official count of characters in this game? Having over 80 to deal with has to take a lot of time, even if you are sending them on either 12 or 24 hour tasks.

Oh, and. I tried the trick of using scrabble to manage my friends in the Simpsons game. It doesn't work.

Not sure why, as scrabble recognizes me, and shows me the screen names that sent me friend requests but I have too many to accept.

I guess I'll have to wait until EA decides to make it easy to manage your friend list on the Simpson game... Or unless someone figures out how to delete friends and posts it here. But I've given that one up.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Is there an official count of characters in this game? Having over 80 to deal with has to take a lot of time, even if you are sending them on either 12 or 24 hour tasks.
Glancing at the wiki, 117 characters, 57 of which are premium.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:59 AM

I moved Cletus' farm to my entry point and have begun a countdown clock showing how many days until the corn is ready. So if you visit my Springfield and see a '5' spelled in hedges right below the farm, you know how many days it will be.

I finally won the big jackpot at the dog track, took me about 6 minutes to spend it all.

Last edited by August West; 02-03-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Glancing at the wiki, 117 characters, 57 of which are premium.
That must include zombies and people that walk around Suidport.

I have every character and I think of those that have actions, it is more like 80-85.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Can you expound on this a bit?

I looked up Arnie Pie, and all I could find was his task list, which gives a $1000 for a 24-hour task.

Not what you are referring to, I'm sure. What else can he do, and what is he ridiculously profitable doing?

I need to spend some donuts. I want whatever I spend donuts in to return me some cash and/or xp.

Arnie is around 85 donuts, and that's just about all the donuts I have. So if I spring for him, i want to make sure it's profitable.
I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this as well. With the Super Bowl bonus donuts, I finally hit 85, so I can buy Arnie Pye now - but should I? Or should I buy, like, 5 Homer Buddhas and hope to get something better? I have no intention of ever paying real money for anything in this game, so I don't want any regrets on whatever I finally spend my donuts on.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I haven't been able to get into the official forums since Thursday or Friday and it's driving me crazy. I am not the only one, but it's super frustrating. I'd like to get some Valentine's info, like if we're getting it and when.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoltEater View Post
I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this as well. With the Super Bowl bonus donuts, I finally hit 85, so I can buy Arnie Pye now - but should I? Or should I buy, like, 5 Homer Buddhas and hope to get something better? I have no intention of ever paying real money for anything in this game, so I don't want any regrets on whatever I finally spend my donuts on.

Buy a character. The buddhas are a scam. Don't risk it.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Buy a character. The buddhas are a scam. Don't risk it.
I agree with Mahaloth. Buy something tangible.

I spent my donuts finally on three of those 30 donut cars, each worth 2% in money and XP.

I haven't regretted it. I now passively receive 6% more money (and XP) by doing nothing extra. I thought about Arnie, but I really didn't want another character to manage at this point. Maybe if I find myself with another 85 donuts, I'll consider it. The one premium character I'd like though is Barney, since I have two plow king outfits. and no one to wear them. I don't know if Barney talks, but I imagine he would be funny. Plus, you'd have to guess he burps.

Oh, and whoever is running around inside the big red ball (i think it's Milhouse's mother.... Luann?). That would be a good one also.

One of these days, I'll set up a poll... What are your favorite characters and/or sayings?

Ralph Wiggum is my favorite overall. Smithers has some great lines (i laugh every time he says something about Mr. Burns "enchanting musk",) and Lenny when he says "This wouldn't happen if Obama was president!)

Chief Wiggum is great too, as is Homer.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Wait, what Super Bowl bonus donuts?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

One of these days, I'll set up a poll... What are your favorite characters and/or sayings?
My invisible friend thinks you're stupid.

Honestly though I don't know most of them, I play with the sound turned off almost all of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August West View Post
Wait, what Super Bowl bonus donuts?
7 of them IIRC.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The best premium item/character in the game for the purposes of $$$/XP generation is Arnie Pye. Not only does he earn a premium rate for his own tasks, but he also unlocks the "Broadcasting Arnie Pye" program for Channel 6 (which doesn't actually require Arnie to be available). If used properly, his program absolutely kills any other premium item unless (1) you don't have friends that visit you or (2) you're already raking in over a million $ each day (in which case, you should be rolling in free donuts anyway).

As with the Squidport tiles, crops on Cletus's Farm, and acts on the Open-Air Stage, once the 2 day program completes, don't collect any handshakes that appear over Channel 6 until you see two or more handshakes there, and, once you do collect, leave at least one handshake behind (I like to leave two behind in case I mess up). Any handshakes that you collect are worth at least $7500/2100XP, and the program never expires (except, on occasion, during major updates, in which case you'll just have to wait two days for the money to start rolling in again).

If you can't save up to buy Arnie Pye, buy Bumblebee Man, who can do the same thing, but only for $5000/1250XP per tap with his Channel Ocho program.

Last edited by ekweizn; 02-04-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM

I haven't been able to login in days... It just hangs on the "Device Full" error (my iPad has over 1 GB free, and I've rebooted several times). My Google-fu has failed me and I can't find a resolution. Any advice??

Last edited by malaka; 02-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Is the Arnie Pye Channel 6 task what causes a helicopter to appear in the sky? Or is that one of his jobs. Because I can't stand it when I'm in another town.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Is the Arnie Pye Channel 6 task what causes a helicopter to appear in the sky? Or is that one of his jobs. Because I can't stand it when I'm in another town.
No, those are his 1 hour or 12 hour jobs, which I don't do anymore for that reason.

Channel 6 program he unlocks is not a job/task and doesn't require him. When the program is complete, your visiting friends just see Arnie's face floating over Channel 6, which you can see next to Moleman's face floating over the Open Air Stage if you enter my town (ekweizn).
Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaka View Post
I haven't been able to login in days... It just hangs on the "Device Full" error (my iPad has over 1 GB free, and I've rebooted several times). My Google-fu has failed me and I can't find a resolution. Any advice??
I'd give it a few days. The official forums are still down. They finally posted that they're aware of the issue and are working on it, so I'm thinking there's a big problem at EA overall.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM

FYI, Valentine's Day update in the App Store now. As a part of the first task, it auto-harvested the corn I had 30 days left on for the full value of the corn. I recommend planting corn immediately before you update or the app forces you to update.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 PM

I don't see it yet. I do have 56 or so days left for my corn so I wouldn't mind seeing that hurried up.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Seriously? I have 2 days left on my corn task, if you can get insta-corn now I just wasted 88 days.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM

I got the update now.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Man that would be sweet. I don't have the update and my moonshine will be ready in 20 minutes. Not gonna lot out till I harvest & plant.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM

And my Rainbow Warrior boat disappeared as well. I don't see it available for sale, so it may have been pulled of their database or something.

Looks like roses are 10 hours.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM

My boat and blimp are back -- whatever they did, they corrected it. I got the tasks for the blimp now despite the fact that I did those earlier.