Old 05-22-2019, 09:17 PM

i remeber the barqs russian medials thing they advertised on mtv a lot back then ...that was before coke bought them out .....at first they werent nothing special then they tweaked the formula now there my fav......there were only certain places you could buy it at in the country .....also if you ever see it barqs red creme soda was great but i only had it at a bus station ....it was the same day i had my first barqs
Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 PM

shady sorry about the kitties.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:23 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 94 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. It rained last night. I don't know how much and for how long but I noticed it about nine o'clock and 'twas still rainin' when we went to bed at ten. Today I shall go over to the church house and do some mowage. Or not. Might just do that tomorrow. I am willy-nilly about that. Sup shall be salmon patties, peas, smashed N.O.T., and bizkits due to a gnawin' and a cravin'.

Shades whatever time it is where you are, it's three hours later here in the swamp. Don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but I do indeed live near the second largest swamp in Jawja.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, well, we shall see what happens.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

For reasons unknown, I was unable to fall asleep till after midnight, and I woke before 5. It's gonna be a long day... <yawn> But it's my Firday before a 5-day weekend, so there's that.

Last night, FCD built his first part in the new shop. With the windows open, I could hear the compressor cycling, plus I'd occasionally hear the machine cutting metal. Once we go into full A/C mode, tho, windows and doors will be closed and I won't hear any of it. Regardless, it's nice that it's out there instead of under the living room.

Onward. Much caffeine will be needed. Happy Thursday!
Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 AM

btw fcmdid you have the open house for the shop? i wondered what beer ya bought since ya asked in the one thread ........ its 3:43 sos im off to bed wish the warm weather would come back from its vacation .....this is the coldest may and spring its self ive ever lived through in the high desert ... ........

Last edited by nightshadea; 05-23-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Double today ,since inventory is tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:25 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

shady - we're still setting up the shop - maybe 2 weeks till the open house - we should know after this weekend. There are lots of things that need to find homes - tools and such that are currently piled on workbenches. It's in disarray...

Working on a top level drawing, meaning it takes for-freekin'-ever to do anything. Thank goodness for teh intrarwebz to distract me.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:12 AM

Last day of freedom. Back to irk tomorrow. Whatever shall I do today? Probably sloth.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:47 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It's a cloudy 64 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 88 with a chance of rain.

Today we need to plant the stuff I bought yesterday.
I wanted to buy two butterfly bushes, but I didn't like them so much, so I bought on of those and one rose of sharon.
I have to decide which one will go next to the porch and which will go in the center of the patio.
I wanted to get a mess of lavender, but I didn't like they way they looked either, so I bought one to see how it does.
I got some other stuff that looked good, but I have no idea what it is. I'll have to read the tags today and then decide where to put them.
I wanted to get some primroses, one of my neighbors has a mess of them and they are beautiful, but Lowes didn't have any in stock.

I still need to get sand for my son to level the patio.
I told him I wanted to get river rock for under the new meter. He said why? I said so nothing grows there and you won't have to worry about mowing/whacking around the meter. He thinks that is a great idea. I could see the wheels turning, I'm sure he is wondering if we could do the whole yard in river rock.
He doesn't like to help me plant the stuff, but I think he doesn't realize that once I get the yard the way I want it, there won't be much left to whack and mow.

I ended up talking to his adviser yesterday. Got stuff done in a few minutes. We have to talk again next week about what he will need to take in the spring to graduate. He is all registered for the summer and the fall. He doesn't have to take the one credit class that I couldn't figure out what it was since there is now nobody to teach it. Another class will fill that requirement.

MetalMouse - I tried to get him into counseling for his shyness, but the doctor wouldn't accept him unless my son agreed to it. It would have been free. I'm hoping he makes some friends in the classroom. I try to get him to go to the dog park with me, lots of people there and most everybody is nice. It's also easy to find something to talk about because of the dogs. You know everybody there wants to talk about their dogs, not hard to start a conversation.
It's funny that I have helped other people overcome their shyness. I know what steps to take to get them there, but they wanted to get over it, he doesn't.

Sloth is good Butters.
I wish I could.

Lots of dogs at the park yesterday. I met a catahoula mix named Beau, however I call him Frenchie because he is very quick with the tongue.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 05-23-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:18 AM

Afternoon, mumpers!

((((Shades)))), sorry to hear about the kittehs...they do leave a hole behind them when they go.

It's a gloriously sunny day over here, good and warm out there so of course I have been stuck in the office all day and I'm off to the gym tonight. It's also EU elections day for us too, so I've done my civic duty and put a tick in a box. Actually, I did it last week because I have a postal vote but at least it's done.

I'm still having trouble sleeping and today I appear to have scoffed biscuits, which wasn't my intention, but they were very nice. Looking forward to hometime now, just got an hour and a half to go before I can bail out of here.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:47 AM

Morning all. 82F here heading for 90F again and not a drop of rain in the forecast. May mow the lawn on Firday or Sattiday, but will wait for the evening hours when it cools a bit. May also have to deploy the water sprinklers this weekend.

Sari, glad you have a green thumb...anything I've tried to grow usually ends up dead within weeks, so I've stopped trying.

FCM, to solving hard drawings and more peaceful evenings.

Butters, sloth is under-rated as an activity, IMHO.

Garbage out, dishwasher working, and internettin' in process. Life be good.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

At the risk of jinxing it, I've finished the gawd-awful drawing. It's gone to check, and assuming all is good, it'll be approved and out of my life! Till revision...

Meanwhile - LUNCH BREAK!!! That is all.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Afternoon all.

I think I deserve a sticker today; I've done the washing, voted, arranged the official interview for this possible job, organised giving the bro a lift back part way from Dad's birthday and had an exam, and it's not even 5pm yet.

Now I just need to revise a bit more for the last exam tomorrow and make dinner. Nothing too terrible examwise so far, though today's was a bit tougher than yesterday's, in my view. I'm not sure what to expect for tomorrow's. I shall find out then, I suppose.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM

Damnit! I was hiking in the park last night; narrow paths & noticed ivy. Today my laig is itchy & I can feel a couple of bumps on it. Either I was savagely & viciously attacked by fleas or chiggers in just one spot or some of the ivy was poisonous. Of course it's the outside of lower laig, which makes it hard to see up close. I have rubbed some isopropyl* on it a few times in hopes of drying it out.

Doggio, as a medical perfeshunal assissant manager of a drug sto; do you recommend rubbing alkyhaul on it from the inside? Would that hit the mark? Or might something clear Absolutely be better?

* Weird - Isopropyl is C3H8O; whereas propane is C3H8. Oh, there's so little difference between them.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:03 PM

And the hits just keep on coming. My right hand lady texted me her notice to quit effective end of July. This was not unexpected as her dad died and her husbands mom died within months and they were both loaded. Very loaded. I am actually surprised she has stayed this long. I don’t blame her one bit and if I were in her financial situation I would leave too. But still, . B

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-23-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Bummer, Butters - will your new hires be up to speed by then? Will you need to start hiring again?
Old 05-23-2019, 12:23 PM

Yes the new hires will be up to speed on customer service but not the managerial things she helped me with. Plus one is pregnant and will be leaving in September if not sooner so yes, I need to hire another full timer.

I will be OK. I am not at all upset with here.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:24 PM
born to be shunned

Its hot and humid; other than that its pretty much SOS-DD.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:02 PM

I don't know what is up with Ripple today.
He wouldn't eat lunch, ground beef, and when he got to the park he just walked around, no playing.
He did eat when we got home, and now he is napping.
Maybe too hot for him.

Huge storm came up while we were at the park. I waited it out, and by the time I got home the rain had stopped and the sun is shining.
My son should be getting up soon, then we can go out and plant the new stuff. The ground should be easy to shovel.
I'm waiting on Home Depot to send a text that my order is ready to pick up. It's supposed to be ready in 2 hours, it's been 4.

MetalMouse believe me, I don't have a green thumb. Butterfly bushes and lavender are pretty hardy. I think rose of sharon is too.
The other stuff, we'll see. I forgot to get mint for the side of the house. I have some creeping thyme seeds, I might plant those instead.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Feeling better today. Yesterday I was feeling every second of my 72 years, for some unknown reason. Delivered our Meals on Wheels route this morning and heading out for a decent walk this afternoon.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:43 PM

my aunts been feeling her age recently and shes one of those cant sit still for more than 5 or 10 minutes
Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM

erm hit the button

my aunts been feeling her age recently and shes one of those cant sit still for more than 5 or 10 minutes drives us nuts ......

its windy grey and cold and trying to rain ..... things are just bleh....

Last edited by nightshadea; 05-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
i remeber the barqs russian medials thing they advertised on mtv a lot back then ...that was before coke bought them out .....at first they werent nothing special then they tweaked the formula now there my fav......there were only certain places you could buy it at in the country .....also if you ever see it barqs red creme soda was great but i only had it at a bus station ....it was the same day i had my first barqs
We have Barqs all over the place out here but I haven't seen their red cream soda in years. According to the innerwebz they still make it. Maybe they just don't want to sell it.

Nothing else to report.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:29 PM

One more day. Things are beginning to come together at irk. The supe istalking about taking the old bat off her big count that the other cow-orker and I wind up doing half the time anyway. If she gets completely out of it, we should be able to maintain it with fewer variances. The problem is, where to put her. She's just calling it in at this point and will do the same thing anywhere she goes. Oh well.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:53 PM

Red dun kilt the MMP but gud.

I shall leave in the morning for the (last?) annual trip off the grid. There's no cell phone coverage in the area; there's no wifi where we're staying. There is wifi at the nature center but depending upon how good the weather is or isn't we don't always make it over there. Will come back Moanday or Tootsday; again depending upon weather. In my absence, remember to use coaster brakes & don't do anything I would do.

There is a photo op I'm really hoping to get; we'll see. Hopefully!!!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:28 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 71 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 94 and N.O.S. for the day. I did not go accomplish mowage yestiddy, so I shall head over to the church house to do so this mornin'. Just was not motivated to leave da cave. I did, however, have some quality cee-mint pond time. A few folks are comin' over tomorrow to welcome in Summer (Memorial Day is the unofficial start of Summer in these parts) at the cee-mint pond. We shall grill burgers for a late N.O.L./early sup, along with N.O.T. sallit. Pound cake with strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream as well.

Spidey have fun off the grid!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Spidey, I just say bite the Bulleit, and suffer through it.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:11 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy now has her tiny-little equivalent of a cee-mint pond. It's a blue plastic round self-contained puddle. She played in it for the first time yesterday, and I expect many similar playings in the coming days and months. Unfortunately, she also seems to have shared my cold, and she was up several times during the night. Ergo, we were up several times during the night. <yawn>

I'll be helping FCD in the shop today as long as he can stand working out there. His back is really bothering him, poor baby. The back brace helps some, so there's that. I also need to run to Food Lion for some sodas on sale. The rest of the day will be figured out as I go along.

Happy Firday!
Old 05-24-2019, 06:24 AM

Aaaand exams done.

Now I'm heading off Oop North, as it's Dad's 70th today (though the party's tomorrow, I'm breaking up the journey as usual, cos if traffic's bad it can be a far longer drive than you probably think is possible in England, and this is a holiday weekend).

I shall be back Tuesday. Please remember to water the plants while I'm gone.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:49 AM

One day of irk, then I’m on vacation net week. Staying at home, but have some fun things planned. Woke up to thunder boomers and of course rain if forecast every day next week. Sigh.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:12 AM

Happy Firday!

It's a N.O.S. 66 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 81.
We need to get the rest of the plants into the ground today, and Home Depot never filled my order, so I need to call them to see what is up.

In the people be weird department, a woman (A) at the park told me that another woman (B) at the park yelled at her to wipe her dog's mouth because A's dog was getting drool on B's dog. A is young and kind of shy, so she apologized for her dog drooling on the other dog.
I doubt I would have been so polite.
If you don't want your dog to get drooled on, then you probably shouldn't bring it to a dog park.

Have fun Spidey!
Old 05-24-2019, 09:06 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Since my first post, I've breakfasted, showered and dressed, started the ice maker, and run to the dollar store, the credit union, and Food Lion. I'm about to start some research for FCD - he doesn't need my help in the shop this morning.

So, off I go to research, and by go, I mean look at some websites.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Local strawberries are now on the market. Picked up a couple of quarts at Tuesday's farmers' market. Last night I cut up a bunch of them and mixed them with sugar, made some shortcake and whipped cream, and we pigged out on spring's best treat.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:51 AM
born to be shunned

Rinse and repeat of yesterday; just not too much inspiration at the moment. Irk went well and the sun is out enough for probably a bike day so that should help.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:49 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Local strawberries are available here also. I stopped at an Amish market and got a quart - wish I'd gotten more - they were wonderful! I'll go this afternoon to get some more.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I did manage to achieve mowage this mornin' over to the church house. A belt broke on the mower I was usin' near the end. However, I was able to complete the task with another mower. This bein' a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig zero turn rider, a trip to the mower horsepistol is necessary. An ambulance (well, the equivalent of one for a mower) came and picked it up. In other news, 'tis HAWT out so glad to be inside and in the cool. Majik intartoobz pizza for sup.

I bought a bunch of locally grown strawberries a couple of weeks ago. Most of 'em got sliced up for freezin' purposes. Hence strawberries for the pound cake this weekend. Said pound cake shall show up tomorrow as JDD and Partner (the maker of pound cake) are bringin' it over.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:55 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Rains in the West have caused the Arkansas river to flood. It will be some 21 feet high on Monday or Tuesday. Two barges got loose from their boats in Oklahoma. Apparently they were recovered and broke loose again. Here is video of their hitting a dam in Oklahoma and sinking.
The temperature is already in the nineties here.Two weeks ago, I was wearing a jacket in the mornings.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:21 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy had a nice, long nap followed by some cottage cheese and peaches. Now she's playing.

Incidentally, if you felt a disturbance in The Force, I dusted.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:25 PM

Dang, slept in until 8:30am today and outside of retrieving my newspaper and finishing the Sudoku's, I have done a bloody thing all day. Still need to do a little shopping but the temperature is 94F so I'm still in no rush.

flytrap, glad it's a strong dam. Quite a site.

Not a strawberry sort, but glad everybody else is getting them fresh.

Sari, dogs and drool kinda go together...

Happy 70th to dad, Nut and hope travels go well.

Probably work up the energy to make myself presentable in public and..go to the mailbox now.

Take care all y'all.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Howdy Y'all! I did manage to achieve mowage this mornin' over to the church house. A belt broke on the mower I was usin' near the end. However, I was able to complete the task with another mower. This bein' a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig zero turn rider, a trip to the mower horsepistol is necessary. An ambulance (well, the equivalent of one for a mower) came and picked it up. In other news, 'tis HAWT out so glad to be inside and in the cool. Majik intartoobz pizza for sup.

I bought a bunch of locally grown strawberries a couple of weeks ago. Most of 'em got sliced up for freezin' purposes. Hence strawberries for the pound cake this weekend. Said pound cake shall show up tomorrow as JDD and Partner (the maker of pound cake) are bringin' it over.
I highly recommend making shortcake, if that's the dessert you're aiming for. Pound cake is good, but the sugar and eggs in it compete with the strawberries and whipped cream. Shortcake is far less sweet and is made with cream, sorta like biscuits without all the butter.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Shrimp scampi over linguini plus Amish 'maters for supper. Very yum and no leftovers. And I have 4 bags of sketty sauce in the freezer for future meals, as well as a couple of cups om a container in the fridge. I was productive.

Now I'm in babysitting mode. Rah!
Old 05-24-2019, 07:50 PM

Evening all. Finally went shopping and got the bits I need until the end of the month. Rewarded myself by going to Steak-n-Shake for a triple cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake. Finished emptying out the soccer stuff from my car so I now have two rows of seats.

Internettin' now resumes. Waiting for an EB freight at LaPlata on Virtual railfan. All y'all take care.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 PM

nut, do y'all observe memorial day this weekend too?

cookie, I bought fresh local strawberries and some Jawja peaches at a produce stand last weekend. They've been awesome by themselves or with yogurt.

Irked, came home, took Nelson to the dog park and swung through Bojangles for supper. I's tahred and looking forward to a long weekend.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:12 PM

yay the valley girl blonde on pms that passes for mother nature here in so cal realized its almost summer and brought the sun out accordingly it was almost 90 ,,,,,,,, funny i dont mind dark and rainy days as long as there warm.....

now monday it will snow...
Old 05-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

I am going to bake sugar cookies tomorrow for after church on Sunday. I decided to go with a theme, so I borrowed a set of cutters I gave my sister last year, as a thank you gift for doing the driving on a short trip we made.

They are six house sigils of famous houses in GoT. I also have a snowflake for winter. It is coming you know. I have not watched the series, and only read the first two books, but my sister is an avid fan. I wonder what folks will make of the head of a dire wolf, or a rearing stag, or a dragon.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I slept with Mel last night - finally got a full, quiet night. Feeling almost human again!

Roxy and I are going to the Amish market in Charlotte Hall, plus we'll run some errands. The rest of the day is unplanned so far.

Happy Saturday!!!
Old 05-25-2019, 05:22 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 97 and N.O.S. for the day with a heat index of around a hunnert and two. HAWT it shall be! Partay at the cee-mint pond to welcome Summer followed by a late N.O.L./early sup of burgers, N.O.T. sallit, and pound cake with strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream. Also munchies provided by others. 'Tis a bring your own adult beverage soiree. Non adult beverages will be provided. Not a lot of prep to do and folks will begin arrivin' around elevenish.

Chef I do love me some strawberry shortcake. However, since pound cake is bein' provided by someone that's not me, I shan't complain. Never look a gift cake in the mouth?

All who are travelin' this weekend be safe and have a great three day weekend.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 05-25-2019, 05:25 AM

Happy Saturday!

I am up way too early, bladder woke me, damn car alarm kept me up. I want to beat the snot out of whoever owns that damn car.
I came downstairs to sleep on the couch for a bit, too hot upstairs, and my son came to me in a panic because the books we ordered are not the right books. Well, they are the right books for a different class than the one that starts Toosday. So he had to go through the syllabus to find the book and we ordered it from da jungle. New was $177, used is $9, guess which one we got?

The video was rather fascinating Flytrap. The barges looked like toys, I an sure they are huge.

Happy Birthday to Nut Dad!

It's a cloudy 63 degrees right now, supposed to get up to 82.
I'm going to try to get back to sleep for a little, and then get out there and finish planting flowers and putting down the river rock.

Sometime soon I am going to call and cancel directv. I have gone the entire week without even turning on the tv, except for this morning when I watched a little and was more annoyed than entertained.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:37 AM
Charter Member

Up ,caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Happy Birthday NutDad!

HAPPY TOWEL DAY!!!
And after work I shall celebrate it by drinking things almost, but quite, entirely unlike tea.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:32 AM

I didn't want to start a whole thread for this because I don't know how much I'd keep up with it, if it took off at all, but I am off on a journey.

Short version: my car got totalled a couple of months ago and its been a tough slog, mentally, emotionally ... not just because of the car, it was just a trigger. But I'm doing my best to get my shit together and today I'm flying down to Florida to visit my parents. I haven't been down to Florida to see them in almost a decade - they always come up here to Maine. While I'm there I will be buying a new (used) car and driving it back up the coast at the end of the week.

If I can manage to journalize any portion of my travels I will include it here - or next week's MMP. Unless something really interesting happens then I'll just write a book or something.