Old 11-03-2019, 04:44 PM

NHL 103 - November 2019

11 round shootout for the Leafs last night. Wow.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:23 PM

It's always a good thing to see the Flyers get beat. It almost makes up for us losing to the Bruins tonight.

It wasn't all bad, though. John Marino got his first NHL goal. That was nice, seeing as his entire family was there. Not to mention Brian Dumoulin's wife gave birth right before the game!
Old 11-06-2019, 09:39 AM

Isles got their 10th consecutive win last night, first time for them since 1982. They run into the Penguins on Thursday, so that will probably end the streak, but fingers crossed! Their schedule hasn't been all that hard on this streak -- Senators twice, Flyers. But I think the Lightning and Blues were part of it as well.

Cole Bardreau, 26-year-old rookie called up to the Isles because of all their injuries to forwards, scored his first NHL goal and it was on a penalty shot! He became only the 7th player ever to do that.

Not bad considering Eberle, Kuhnackl, Martin, Komorov, and Ladd are all out on injuries.

I finally saw that Tchackuckukcckkc (sp?) through-the-legs goal at the horn -- amazing!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:11 PM

So the Canucks managed to lose in overtime by giving up a clear-cut 3-0 break. It's absolutely comical how much time the Blues had with the puck there, and they really did their damnedest to screw up the play.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Ah well. Nice game, Guin!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 AM

So was tonight -- we haven't beaten Chicago in something like 5 years! I didn't even stop to think about that.

Unfortunately, Crosby's injured -- I'm hoping it's nothing serious. We already have Letang out.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

I’m in D.C. for a few days, Caps have two home games. How’s the view from the 400 level? Worth it for a reasonable price or skip it and watch from a sports bar?
Old 11-15-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalej42 View Post
I’m in D.C. for a few days, Caps have two home games. How’s the view from the 400 level? Worth it for a reasonable price or skip it and watch from a sports bar?
I'd certainly go, just for the experience.

I've been to Maple Leaf Gardens, the Montreal Forum, Boston Gardens, Detroit Olympia, Tampa Bay St. Pete Times Forum, and the original Ottawa Senators arena, now the Canadian Tire Centre.

I've certainly not regretted the experience.

Last edited by Leaffan; 11-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:11 PM

I'd love to be able to go to a game.

I also love seeing Geno's cellies.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:06 PM

WOW. That was an AWESOME game, huh Leaffan?

Especially when you consider that not only were we missing Sid, but Letang and Hornqvist too.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
WOW. That was an AWESOME game, huh Leaffan?

Especially when you consider that not only were we missing Sid, but Letang and Hornqvist too.

Touché, Mon Amie.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Yo soy pinche idiota
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan View Post
I'd certainly go, just for the experience.

I've been to Maple Leaf Gardens, the Montreal Forum, Boston Gardens, Detroit Olympia, Tampa Bay St. Pete Times Forum, and the original Ottawa Senators arena, now the Canadian Tire Centre.

I've certainly not regretted the experience.
I've only seen Stars games at the old Reunion Arena or AAC. I've never been unhappy it, and I often sat in the last two rows at Reunion. Unlike Football, the game always seems to be better when you're there live. The audio experience of hearing the voices and thuds of the action is a pretty immediate and striking difference from seeing a game on the tube.

In short: if you can afford it, I advise you to go see every game ya can fit in.

In other news, it's MUCH easier to be a Stars fan this month. Benn breaking a drought with a game winner was especially sweet. The scoring has been pretty spread out among the team, and all the players seem to play with an actual sense of urgency. I've got high hopes for the rest of the season.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:15 PM

Isles came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Flyers in OT. They're on a 14-game point streak, and still can't get ahead of the Caps. Grrr. What will it take?

Anyway, Guin, they beat the Flyers in your honor, so go easy on them for the coming home and home against the Pens, OK?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Isles came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Flyers in OT. They're on a 14-game point streak, and still can't get ahead of the Caps. Grrr. What will it take?

Anyway, Guin, they beat the Flyers in your honor, so go easy on them for the coming home and home against the Pens, OK?
I was wondering “12-1-2 and we can’t increase our lead”.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

Caps player to have a disciplinary hearing for spitting. Is he the first post-Marchand-licking?
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Fifteen point streak!! Tied for their longest streak ever.

The Islanders have to start playing Greiss more than Varlamov -- four goals? That's not an Islanders' game, especially with no Crosby against them.

Anyway, we try for 16 on Thursday against the Pens again -- Guin, I'd be happy with just an OTL, as long as we continue the streak. Can you talk to the boys?
Old Today, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalej42 View Post
Did you go?