Old 09-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Auction of Anthony Bourdain's possessions

This makes me sad. I loved this guy, as did many... for all the good it did him.

An Anthony Bourdain Auction Will Include His Treasured Knife
A year after the celebrity chef’s death, some of his things are going on sale to benefit his family and the Culinary Institute of America.
Quote:
A collection of belongings left behind by Anthony Bourdain, the celebrity chef and television star who died in June 2018, will be sold in an online auction in October.

Sixty percent of the proceeds of the auction will go to Mr. Bourdain’s wife, Ottavia Busia, and daughter, Ariane. (Mr. Bourdain and Ms. Busia were separated at the time of his death.)

The remainder will be donated to a new scholarship to the Culinary Institute of America created in Mr. Bourdain’s name that will allow recipients to spend a semester abroad or to study international topics.

The auctioneer, Lark Mason, estimates that the 215 lots on the block have a market value between $200,000 and $400,000.
There are some good pics with this article.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, that made me sad too. And I'd been wondering how his widow is set for money ever since I read awhile back that she sold the apartment they'd bought together and that she and her daughter were still living in when he died. Impossible to know, of course, but what was reported was that most of his estate was reserved for his daughter until she becomes an adult. Doesn't help much with living expenses right now.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:56 PM

And before anybody asks...no, the Emmy he won on Saturday night (for Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown) will not be up for auction.
According to the Emmy rules, "If a recipient or the recipient’s heir or successor in interest proposes to sell or otherwise dispose of the EMMY® statuette, such persons shall be obligated to return the statuette to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences which will retain the same in storage in memory of the recipient."