Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM

I certainly didn't mean to kill the mmp.

Took a nap and now I feel better.
There's very few things a good nap can't cure.

Two weeks until Christmas and then everything goes back to normal.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I procured provisions and stowed 'em where they stay until use. Then, was without teh intartoobz for almost four hours! I survived thanks to Netflix. Sup has been ingested and chillage ensues.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Home after a very long day. Tis hubby’s birthday today. But seeing as it’s the middle of the week that does not mean much. We shall do something on the weekend.

I am tahred.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:47 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We had a good conversation with our financial planner, and we've got a card for a lawyer so we can do our wills. About bloody time! yeah, we should have done that ages ago.

We supped at Cracker Barrel since we were nearby, and got some gift cards for an assortment of restaurants for the inlaws. And I ran my car thru the carwash to knock the salty mess off it. Now we're home and chillage shall ensue.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:01 PM

May your ultrasound go well wet one. When I'm on total nothing by mouth, I do swish my mouth out with water when it gets dry.

Irked, got gas, swung by BK for a burger for supper and came home. I got a bill from when I boo-booed on insulin this summer. I had already paid the hospital, but this bill had a pay by date of 06 Dec and I got it in the mail today. Fortunately, it was under $20.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:21 PM

Glad the house got fixed, Sari. I need to hire a guy like that, but I think the mileage fees to N. Ali-bama rules him out...

Butters, I see you've reached the "Oh, another birthday?" stage of life.

FCM, I made up a will and got two witnesses to sign it, but never ran it through a lawyer. Since it's pretty simple (brother gets everything, SIL to inherit if he dies first, their kids share equally if I outlive the pair of them) I didn't get it lawyerized, but maybe I should get it checked out, just to be safe. Never have had to hire a lawyer in my entire life so I'm a little leery of doing it now.

Watched some Champions League Soccer and did some reading, so a lazy day passed. Now for some internettin' and stuff.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MetalMouse - in Merrylande, I believe a will is legal if it has 2 witnesses sign it. Non-relative witnesses, I think. But with FCD's business, we really need to do it right. So we shall.

And now, sleepy-bye time...
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM

I’m still binge watching RuPaul’s Drag Race....
Old 12-12-2018, 10:34 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Me want, me want, me want. (I've done some work with a larger version of this guy.)
I'll e-mail a picture as soon as I a) get done here and b) remember just which the hell e-mail address you are. I can put a post-it note in my will (yours won't be the only one) tomorrow morning.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Did laundry, went to a new bottle shop. No Puppy Fight Club, but there was a terrier passed out on the bar.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 AM

yay xmas decorating done...theres still outside stuff but I just lug stuff around that...….its warm this week...
Old 12-13-2018, 05:39 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 38 Amurrkin out and dark (TWPTB say clear) with a predicted high of 63 and cloudy for the day. Rain moves in tonight and stays all day tomorrow. Rah. Not a whole lot on the agenda today. I do need to take care of a few errands which means I shall have to go out and about the public. ICK! Also I shall do some rearrangin' of stuff in da freezer. It's gotten a bit unruly in there. Also, I made the executive decision that instead of a pot pie, the leftover ham shall become ham, N.O.T., and bean soup. That shall become tonight's sup.

wetone hope the ultrasound goes well.

sari yay for fixed stuff.

I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas, purtification and the donnin' of appropriate go about the public clothin' must commence.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I was having a dream that 2 guys were trying to kill me, and each other. One was American, and the other spoke English with a French accent. I don't know who they were or why they wanted to kill me, but lots of running and hiding was involved. I woke at 4, exhausted from the chase!

Methinks it'll be a long day. But there ya go.

Happy Thursday!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 AM
born to be shunned

I'm awake; now what happens?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

ruble - havoc ensues, I expect...
Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It's a cloudy 34 degrees outside with a high of 46 predicted.
Not too chilly.
We need to go out and move all the yard waste bags to the porch in case it rains before trash day.
I may have to re-bag some of the stuff.

It is a relief to have a lot of this stuff done - finally.

My son takes his final final tomorrow, and I'm telling him that after that I want one thing on the ToDoList done each day. Not all of it is stuff he can do, but the stuff he can, I want it done.

My knee is a little sore today. Sore enough to wake me up a few times last night. I was up and down the stairs more than usual yesterday.

Nothing much special to do today other than moving the waste bags. I need to put my laundry away. Making tacos for the kid for dinner, I don't know what I'm going to eat.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Mornin' all. Wanted to roll over and go back to sleep this morning, but need to get the garbage out, so I am more or less awake and garbage is indeed out. 47F heading for the mid-50's today, but rain is due tonight and Firday.

FCM, it's always good to expect havoc; lessens the surprise. Now Mayhem, like your dream...

Shady, living alone I don't decorate at all, inside or out. Never understood why people risk their necks to put up lights that they will have to take down a week or two later.

wetone, you have interesting tastes in binge-TV watching (says the guy who can watch 4 straight hours of Storage Wars).

Need to decide what to eat; menu for the day is sammiches and a big bowl o'salad, just got to decide which one to eat first.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:25 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I thought we were going to have a tree this year, since daughter has one. But with all the baby stuff in the living room, there's no floor space, not to mention a crawling baby and a tree full of shinies is disaster. Maybe next year, if they're still living with us.

My funny engineer Josh asked me today how far I can run.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
...My funny engineer Josh asked me today how far I can run.
Does he speak with a French accent?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Um, no. I believe they were discussing soccer when I walked by.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Um, no. I believe they were discussing soccer when I walked by.
Good.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 AM

Gotta get presentable to go obtain some kitty food, tea, trash bags, and... something. (In keeping with the title of the MMP this week, I guess.) Maybe dentures for Littlest Miss. She's keeping the Tooth Fairy busy. Four teeth gone in the past 6 weeks!

Mild annoyance: about once every month or 2, some random person pulls into the yard and asks to buy the little pickup truck. Major annoyance: this month's wannabe buyer just blew the horn to get my attention. Obnoxious on so many levels.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Hubby tells me our tree died in the great flood after Hurricane Irma so I guess we won't have a tree unless I go buy one which is not likely. We had bad Chinese to celebrate hubs birthday last night. I took meat out of the freezer this morning for spaghetti tonight. I do have to make a run to Pubic store and resupply my irk food. The cupboard is bare here. Plus I need to pick up some garlic bread for tonight.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:47 AM

Ultrasound is done and I'm back at work. Fortunately I work at the hospital. I confess I had a few sips of water this morning. After the test I made a beeline for the cafeteria which is next door to imaging. I inhaled a LARGE MARGE cup of coffee and eggs. I can go without breakfast, but dang it, I need my coffee.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Afternoon all. One day left of skool before breaking up for the holidays, and I reckon only half the class are even half there this week.

Our resident total slacker had a new record yesterday, and showed up around 2 minutes before the end of the last class of the day (in fairness, he probably didn't know the following class had been cancelled 'cos the lecturer was off, but still...) He's almost at the performance art level of slacking now.

Not a lot else going on round here... 'Tis the season I want to hibernate. It's only 4pm and it's going dark. Boo.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
I'm awake; now what happens?
With you? Probably 'splosions or other, smaller booms.

This should be my shirt today. Irk holiday party last night; then I went to the gym instead of where I would have preferred to work out because it was so late; got kicked out of the gym when the closed...at midnight! Came home & thru a load into warsh & waited to put it into the dryer before going to sleep. So of course I woke up extras early this AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:38 PM

Forgots to add...I got an email notice from UPS that they are delivering a package tomorrer. Except I didn't order anything recently. I can tell it's coming from SLcUT, but not a company name. I did order something a while ago which would take long delivery but I don't know where the company is (no info on their website) & I really wasn't expecting it yet. I think I can look it up when I go home (based on what I already have from them) but as of now, I has no clue what it is.

Unless...it's a blinky red nose for next week's caroling run (which someone else bought). If that's what it is, it's got Ruble's fingerprints on it.

Last edited by Spiderman; 12-13-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! This mornin' I took care of candle duty and errands. This afternoon I made soup and slacked. Soup has been ingested. Time to resume slackage.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM

heh only 4 hours? I can find something I like and keep it going for days …… girding my loins for 3 weeks of the little nephew that's gonna basically move in starting Monday …..from 6 am til whenever if he goes home and trying to bake and assist so others can shop...…..

I hope cousin does take a week off cause aunt aint what she used to be and by the second week will be exhausted and crabby ……. oh and going outside and catching a cold is on the agenda since what decorations we do have left need to be finished ….
Old 12-13-2018, 06:05 PM

Evening, mumpers! It's been a rough week over here one way or another, work has been crazy again and there's no end in sight. Still, it's the end of term tomorrow and then the students will be gone, and only one more week until the hexmas break for us long-suffering staff. I am sitting at home having a nice cup of tea and listening to an internet radio show hosted by a guy I have "known" on facebook for a year but only met last October at a gig near us. He is in Wales, a good 3hrs drive from here. Lovely guy, plays a song for my cats every week. How cool is that?
Old 12-13-2018, 06:15 PM

Oh goodness, incredibly draining day, not much energy to post. Will try to recover.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:19 PM

I believe that Wales is where my ancestors hail from. I sure would love to visit there one day. Probably won’t happen unless I win the lottery.

Home from irk and spaghetti is nearly done. I actually slowed it down a smidge so I can drink a beer or two. Once I eat there will be no drinking.

I asked and got permission to be off tomorrow so three day weekend starts now. I am just at the place I need to be not to lose any leave so just in case I will use 8 more hours. Actually, we will be closed on the 24th and 31st for the first time ever thanks to the new Director but I am gonna take tomorrow off anyway. Speaking of the new Director, I don’t much care for him and some of my colleagues feel the same. Maybe he will grow on me.

Our weather has been positively blissful. Been cool but not too cool and not at all too warm. I love it.

Happy almost weekend everyone.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 12-13-2018 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Just cause.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Butters, Wales is a beautiful country, we have been going to a music festival in North Wales (Pwllheli) for several years and once we get over the border between England and Wales, it becomes one of my favourite drives. Sadly the festival is moving to East Anglia (Great Yarmouth) and that promises to be flat and boring. The festival will be awesome as ever but the drive promises to be tedious
Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Daughter and SIL made supper - a shrimp pasta that's heavy on the butter. FCD's doc told him he's diabetic, so he's off bread/pasta/rice/N.O.T. - and he's having to learn new food habits. He's barely into the bad numbers, so we should be able to get him fixed pretty soon.

Some time back, I'd gotten a diabetic cookbook and I'll be going thru it looking for stuff to make us all. We all need to eat better anyway.

Other than that, just another day in paradise.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:36 PM

It's been a lazy day.
My son brought the yard waste bags up to the porch. I started cutting the stuff up a little better to fit in the bags, but it was a bit too chilly to stay out there too long. My hands got cold. I suppose I could wear gloves, but I like to be able to feel what I'm doing.

I made tacos for my son. Actually I just brown the ground beef and mix in the sauce. He takes over from there.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:15 PM

shady, I don't do much more decorating for Xmas than metal mouse and for the same reasons. There's a snow globe on the bookcase, a couple of crocheted snowflakes and Schroeder, the Pepsi elf that I've had for years. Everything else went to ARC when I moved.

Our two cycle counters are making great progress. They left notes on the scanner that made four counts a piece of cake for me to take care of. They actually caught an issue that other counters hadn't in the past two years. Because they're both still temps, I can't give them rewards points, but I did swing by and picked them each up a bag of their favorite munchies (it took a gas station and two grocery stores to find them). I'll make a little thank you tag for them this evening.

I got some more of my Xmas present to me from da Jungle today. With some of it being from da Jungle itself and some from different vendors, it's taking about a week of trickling in to get it all.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:52 PM

I don't decorate.
I don't want to because it's work, and I don't like making more work for myself.
My only decorations are the four cards I got and I took them down because they kept getting knocked over.
I'd display them on the other end table, but that is where the cat likes to sleep, and he gets miffed if I put anything on there that isn't comfy to sleep on.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:26 PM

Cats are demanding little things.

BooFae good to see more of you.

I want ice cream. I have no ice cream. Therefore I have ordered all the ice cream and will get it tomorrow.

Akiko-pup went to the dog park again today. She had a blast, but she still needs to find a buddy that likes to play tag. The other dogs were generally too dignified to play with a puppy.

Eggplant parmesan for dinner tonight. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 PM

Not much for the evening report. Took a long nap I probably didn't need this afternoon and accomplished almost nothing. Just another day of retirement.

FCM, my dad had diabetes controlled by diet for many years; he made it to 91, so hopefully it'll be OK for FCD.

Red, not really sure what you're talking about, but happy things are going well, and doing a small, special thing for them will be remembered longer than some 'official' certificate.

Get some good rest, Midget.

Hang in there, boofae; and nice note about the music man.

Spidey, let us know what the package is tomorrow; the suspense is nerve-wracking...

Off to watch some tackleball.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 12-13-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Spidey, let us know what the package is tomorrow; the suspense is nerve-wracking...
I'm pretty sure I know who it's from but not specifically what it is; iffn it's what I think it is, it's a thank you for something I did.

On a related note, do you know how to keep an idiot in suspense?
SPOILER:
I'll tell you tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:44 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
ruble - havoc ensues, I expect...
Smart woman. We got something resembling volume at irk which was micromanaged into a near fail again. And predictions for Sunday are another 50k or so on top. If I'm not around for the next MMP its just until bail can be arranged.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. Went to London Bridge Pub to watch the canes game with the Hockey/soccer group. Not a bad place ,for an English pub.

Sari, my tree's been up since November 1st. 2002.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:55 AM
Charter Member

Good soggy mornin' Y'all! 'Tis 61 Amurrkin out and rainy with a predicted high of 67 with periods of heavy rain predicted throughout the day. Don't need to go anywhere so I shall stay put here in da cave. Methinks this will be a good day to binge on Netflix. Maybe I'll finish up Medici today. Lots of "accidental" deaths in that series. From the looks of it I'm guessin' the series ends because everybody "accidentally" dies. Sup will be boxed lasagna (don't judge!), sallit, and cheesey garlic bread. Also thinkin' I might make some chawklit chip cookies. I took two sticks of butter out to soften, so I am committed to doin' sump'n with 'em now I reckon.

BooFae Ophelia and Shadow do seem to enjoy Welsh Gene.

I put baby fake tree on the coffee table in the livin' room yestiddy, so my decoratin' is done.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day!

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:22 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

TGIF! Rain is promised later, but it's above freezing and I'll count that as a win!

Thus beginneth another day in paradise! Happy Firday!!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 AM

Happy Firday!

Going to be a rainy few days but at least it's not snow.

Ripple woke me at 5:30 because he needed to go out. One good thing about my son staying up all night is that he can put him out and I can go back to bed. Going back to bed doesn't mean going back to sleep, so I got back up and feel like hell.

Nothing special on the agenda today.
I have a few more packages coming withmy son's gifts in them. He doesn't want anything but I picked out a few Hanayama puzzles for him. I see they have started a series of chess pieces so I got him a few of those. He wants Nintendo? Switch, but then he says no, don't get it because it is too expensive for just the one game he wants to play.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
...If I'm not around for the next MMP its just until bail can be arranged.
You can count on me as a character witness.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
You can count on me as a character witness.

I'll say ------- you are definitely a character.

Up and generally adulting and not waiting for a couple more posts to appear.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:35 AM

Yesterday, I was nose to the grindstone; my boss caught me on a shopping website looking for an address so I could do a return. She was behind me and said, "Oh, you're shopping!" I said "No, I'm just looking for some info so I can do a return." But I'm stressing out that she thinks I'm a slacker. So I focused on work yesterday so there wouldn't be anything untoward on my screen if she snuck up on me again. I'm still stressing out about that interaction from yesterday, even today.

Anyway, we're going to get our Christmas tree tomorrow. Here's to hoping we don't lose Romeo Jr. in the tree lot. He's a big fan of running off and hiding lately. There's a reason we're not going to a tree farm... that kid would go into the woods and come out all Mowgli on us, having been raised by a few kindly deer and some adorable raccoons.