Old 05-24-2019, 10:58 AM

Ponder this and weep:
Quote:

Bob Tyson is a retired database consultant who lives in Chapel Hill, N.C. He is a Trump supporter and says the president has helped change his thinking about the qualities needed for someone to hold the nation’s highest office.

“Having that celebrity personality and projecting an image in the media is more important than traditional qualifications,” he said. “It’s made me think differently about what it takes to be elected president. The traditional path of being a state governor or U.S. senator doesn’t seem to count as much. It’s being able to manage your image in the media and galvanizing your base.”

Source
Old 05-24-2019, 11:04 AM

Since I was just posting about two different things, Barr and Iran, It struck me: does anyone have any idea how many clusters we have in this fuck-up of an administration?

I was actually at a data visualization lecture yesterday, and there was a graph of nodes and edges depicting a social network that was easy to follow. I think a similar graph of clusters depicting this administration would just be a giant blob.

What must be incomplete:

Category:Trump administration controversies

Looks like there are over 150 Wikipedia pages.

Last edited by dasmoocher; 05-24-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Ponder this and weep:
It's basically the truth. The important thing for the Trump platform is trolling the libs. People don't actually like nor care about law. And that's not a Republican-specific thing. The SDMB it's not representative of the average Democrat.

WWE is the natural state of democracy, all manufactured drama and silliness, created for pure entertainment. And it's what the founders were trying to avoid with the electoral college and establishing republican, not democratic, systems. The popular vote pacts that states are making with each other are just a further progression towards this end state.

WWE let's he who brings the most drama control the nukes.

It's a path to success.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:14 AM

I'd like to hear Bob Tyson's opinion if Oprah Winfrey gets elected. I'm guessing it will rapidly reverse.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I, for one, was totally reassured about Trump’s sanity once he forced a parade of aides to talk about how sane he is.
'Raymond Shaw is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.'
Old 05-24-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post

Incidentally, one of those people out there sharing the doctored video that makes Pelosi look like a drunk is “Mr. Integrity,” Rudy Giuliani.
Whew. Hadn't heard from ol' Rudy for a while. Was wondering if something was wrong with him.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrps View Post
'Raymond Shaw is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.'
^ Like.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:27 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/jp-m...-1percent.html

Quote:
J.P. Morgan economists said they now see much slower second-quarter growth of just 1%, down from their prior forecast of 2.25% and way off the 3.2% reported in the first quarter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/dura...pril-2019.html

Quote:
New orders for U.S.-made capital goods fell more than expected in April, further evidence that manufacturing and the broader economy were slowing after a growth spurt in the first quarter that was driven by exports and a buildup of inventories.
YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! BABY!!! 'Bout time for a good ole economic meltdown.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Oh, heavens to Betsy! You should know by now that when Republicans do something slimy, Democrats NEVER retaliate in kind! No, no...we take the HIGH ROAD.

Incidentally, one of those people out there sharing the doctored video that makes Pelosi look like a drunk is “Mr. Integrity,” Rudy Giuliani.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-...b0a2f9f28c4f44
And when called out for it he said he would apologize to Pelosi if she would apologize to Individual 1.

----
Individual 1 names the names of people whom he would not rule out executing for treason.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-refuses...101115081.html
Old 05-24-2019, 01:26 PM

Trump proposes dropping healthcare for transgender people

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0a2f9f28e1622

...after proposing that Homeless Shelters can turn away transgender people

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0547bd130a0db

And yet they're selling LGBTQ For Trump T-shirts

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lgbtq...b0cce67c8968eb
Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
Trump proposes dropping healthcare for transgender people

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0a2f9f28e1622

...after proposing that Homeless Shelters can turn away transgender people

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0547bd130a0db

If you notice the pattern, it's going after the vulnerable minorities first. They don't go after African Americans or Jews - not yet. Sure they'll wink and nod at police brutality, and they'll say "Some very fine people" were chanting "Jews will not replace us," but they save their terror for brown migrants coming into the country and brown Muslims at home and abroad. That's the bone they're throwing to the racists for the time being.

They haven't gone after gays or gay marriage - not yet. They'll just dehumanize the transgendered and treat them like subhuman animals. They haven't tried to roll back women's rights. They're just going after the evil slutty whores who stand up for abortion rights and the right not to be treated like a sex toy in the workplace. That's the bone they're throwing to religious nuts.

But if you're naive enough to think that they won't eventually come for you...LOL, keep wearing sunglasses.

It's a game of divide and conquer. That's how a minority rules everyone else. Marginalize someone. Take the stronger among the weaker classes and make them feel like they at least have someone else they can be better than.

Last edited by asahi; 05-24-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post

Quote:
Advocates Shred ‘LGBTQ For Trump’ T-Shirt Sale Ahead Of Pride Month
It is possible that people are only buying them to shred them.

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
Old 05-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I, for one, was totally reassured about Trump’s sanity once he forced a parade of aides to talk about how sane he is.
Were any of these aides named David Dennison, John Miller, Carolin Gallego, or John Barron?

Last edited by Little Nemo; 05-24-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
"Some very fine people" were chanting "Jews will not replace us,"
Huh, all this time I thought it was "YOU will not replace us!", i.e. a defiant challenge to anyone who was thinking about replacing the protesters.

I also have trouble parsing song lyrics.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:47 PM

Oh wow, SCOTUS rules that maybe Gerrymandering along racial lines isn't a problem after all. Who would have guessed?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-ohio-1344369

The hits keep on coming, eh?

Oh well, as JohnT, John DiFool, Sunny Daze, Guinastasia, and Sad Lender say, call your senator. Go door to door, and get out the vote. You'll show 'em then. LOL

Last edited by asahi; 05-24-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Oh wow, SCOTUS rules that maybe Gerrymandering along racial lines isn't a problem after all. Who would have guessed?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-ohio-1344369

The hits keep on coming, eh?

Oh well, as JohnT, John DiFool, Sunny Daze, Guinastasia, and Sad Lender say, call your senator. Go door to door, and get out the vote. You'll show 'em then. LOL
I assume you meant "partisan", not racial?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
I assume you meant "partisan", not racial?
Uh, yeah. "Partisan"
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Good advice from that lot. But the LOLing makes you look pretty fucking stupid. What's your counsel, you self appointed Cassandra? Is it rioting / armed insurrection? Some less radical but more effective strategies for change? What actions do you actually advocate?

If you just want to say "we're fucked" or "give up" or "it's all gonna go to shit, pack your 'go bags' and be ready", then why don't you go do that and STFU with this sad and boring superior dance you do.

This board is full of smart and politically ept, sociologically astute people. You don't rank quite where you seem to believe you do in their numbers. But you're up near the top in affected cynicism, I'll give you that.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophon41 View Post
Good advice from that lot. But the LOLing makes you look pretty fucking stupid. What's your counsel, you self appointed Cassandra? Is it rioting / armed insurrection? Some less radical but more effective strategies for change? What actions do you actually advocate?

If you just want to say "we're fucked" or "give up" or "it's all gonna go to shit, pack your 'go bags' and be ready", then why don't you go do that and STFU with this sad and boring superior dance you do.

This board is full of smart and politically ept, sociologically astute people. You don't rank quite where you seem to believe you do in their numbers. But you're up near the top in affected cynicism, I'll give you that.
Nope, quite the contrary, these fucking smart-asses ridiculed me and said I was nuts for thinking we'd get to this point. Made threads about me. Shit posted me. So it's on them to fucking come back and own up. Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I wasn't the one who started this shit. I didn't call out other posters, but fuck it, if they want to label me a chicken little or wacko, fine. But they're fucking stupid now. There's not a goddamn person reading this thread who doesn't seriously believe that Trump and the GOP couldn't actually succeed in turning this country into an authoritarian state and destroy the constitution.

Asahi > the aforementioned. Everyone knows it now.

Just in case we're not clear: fuck you, Sad Lender. I never bothered you, but you fuckin called me out. Fuck you

Last edited by asahi; 05-24-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:30 PM

I predict he won't respond. He'll privately complain to a moderator that I upset him and just quietly leave. Bitch.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:33 PM

What's really sad is that if could be a complete clueless moron that ends up taking the US down. Perhaps the republicans tried with Bush the lesser. And then Trump came along, and they just might do it.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:38 PM

asahi: ATFQ

Or not. But you keep avoiding the question every time it's asked of you, and this dodge is no better than your usual. Illustrative of why you're really not someone I feel compelled to pay attention to. But you're just in every damned political thread and I don't block anyone so you're hard to disregard to the level merited by your relative rhetorical skill and political acumen.

So I tried to prompt something more productive from you.

(And by the way, plenty of people opined that Trump had a chance to succeed in 2016, and even those who thought differently could -and in some numbers actually did- describe with a remarkable degree of clarity and accuracy the problems which would be incumbent in a Trump administration. Why you think you're anything special there, other than being derided for the remarkably foolish moral certainty you exhibited then and now, I have no idea.)

Last edited by xenophon41; 05-24-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: removed sig, clarified correspondent
Old 05-24-2019, 07:42 PM

Meanwhile back to our regularly scheduled programming:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...assify-1344531

Here we have the chief intel guy (maybe one of the last few "normal" leaders in the entire executive branch of the federal government), Daniel Coats, trying to explain the consequences of Pitbull Barr -- er, Attorney General Barr's recent policy moves.

Let's get this out on the fucking table. We have an attorney general who has basically gone on record to defend the president in whatever the hell he does, and he is being warned by the chief intel guy that he is threatening to blow up our entire intel gathering apparatus. Understand this: people can, and probably will, get MURDERED because of this fat fucking cocksucker's desire to protect a corrupt president.

Tell me, JohnT and Sad Lender, what the fucking fuck do you think now? Think this can be fixed by just calling your rep, going door to door? Think you can fix this by making other posters look ridiculous? You fuckers don't have a goddam clue -- you never did. Just shut yer goddamn mouth.

Everyone else, fucking read what I post, because I know shit (that maybe morons don't).

Last edited by asahi; 05-24-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:44 PM

Oh wow, Trump is going to declare an 'emergency' to give Saudis (that's right, the same fuckers who were involved in 9/11) weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfycaBwSpm0

Do we ever fucking learn?

Rhetorical question -don't answer.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:53 PM

"I tried to warn you people!"
Go fuck yourself. And fuck off, too.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
"I tried to warn you people!"
Go fuck yourself. And fuck off, too.
Fuck you.

Don't give a shit if you like me, assume that you don't. Fuck off, cvnt

Last edited by asahi; 05-24-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile back to our regularly scheduled programming:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...assify-1344531

Here we have the chief intel guy (maybe one of the last few "normal" leaders in the entire executive branch of the federal government), Daniel Coats, trying to explain the consequences of Pitbull Barr -- er, Attorney General Barr's recent policy moves.

Let's get this out on the fucking table. We have an attorney general who has basically gone on record to defend the president in whatever the hell he does, and he is being warned by the chief intel guy that he is threatening to blow up our entire intel gathering apparatus. Understand this: people can, and probably will, get MURDERED because of this fat fucking cocksucker's desire to protect a corrupt president.

Tell me, JohnT and Sad Lender, what the fucking fuck do you think now? Think this can be fixed by just calling your rep, going door to door? Think you can fix this by making other posters look ridiculous? You fuckers don't have a goddam clue -- you never did. Just shut yer goddamn mouth.

Everyone else, fucking read what I post, because I know shit (that maybe morons don't).
C’mon now. Who knew that a concentration of power in the state to ram through one agenda would eventually be hijacked to ram through a different one? It’s not like anything like that has ever been written in history books or something.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
C’mon now. Who knew that a concentration of power in the state to ram through one agenda would eventually be hijacked to ram through a different one? It’s not like anything like that has ever been written in history books or something.
Oh like you cared in 2001/2 when they signed the USA Patriot Act and created DHS. Bruh, you didn't care, did you? Didn't think so.

Silence.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Oh like you cared in 2001/2 when they signed the USA Patriot Act and created DHS. Bruh, you didn't care, did you? Didn't think so.

Silence.
I wasn’t a fan of that. I’m suspicious of concentrated power since in world history the state has been responsible for all the large murder tolls.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
I wasn’t a fan of that. I’m suspicious of concentrated power since in world history the state has been responsible for all the large murder tolls.
You seem a fan of it now.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
No offense, I respect you man, but did you really oppose the invasion of Iraq? Did you really oppose the expansion of federal powers in response to 9/11? Srsly?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:21 PM

I've identified the problem with our culture: ego.

People post and ridicule others, and then when the truth reveals that they are the scam artists, they can't take it. They can't accept being wrong, so they just "take a break" from the site. LOL.

Speaking of "cowards" JohnT
Old 05-24-2019, 08:26 PM

You know what, you morons can have your little playground to yourselves again. I don't want to break fragile egos. I know that some of you really want to believe that you all are intellectually superior to others, and I, like, don't want to disabuse you of that, ahem, notion.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've identified the problem with our culture: ego.

People post and ridicule others, and then when the truth reveals that they are the scam artists, they can't take it. They can't accept being wrong, so they just "take a break" from the site. LOL.
You're leaving?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Fuck you.

Don't give a shit if you like me, assume that you don't. Fuck off, cvnt
Jesus H Christ, would you kindly stop shitting up these threads with your egomaniacal nonsense. You repeatedly state the blinding obvious, in as vague a manner as you think you can get away with, and think you're fucking Nostradamus. I'm more than happy to join the growing chorus with another hearty "fuck off".

Last edited by El_Kabong; 05-24-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
You're leaving?
Might come back for the laughs, who knows...
Old 05-24-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Jesus H Christ, would you kindly stop shitting up these threads with your egomaniacal nonsense. You repeatedly state the blinding obvious, in as vague a manner as you think you can get away with, and think you're fucking Nostradamus. I'm more than happy to join the growing chorus with another hearty "fuck off".
Back at you, fucking pig
Old 05-24-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Back at you, fucking pig
Ow, that stung. I'll surely be weeping into my pillow tonight.

Dude, when complete strangers with no particular ax to grind think you're kind of an asshole, that really should give you pause.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 retweeted a faked video of Nancy Pelosi allegedly stammering through a press conference. Mindy Fisher posted it on Facebook as an example of how horrible Individual 1 is, and Facebook took it down. But it's still there on Individual 1's Twitter page.
Quote:
It would be pretty easy to do the same in return. Not worried.
Jimmy Kimmel has been doing it for a couple of years:

https://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimme...k-donald-trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Antibob View Post
It's totally undemocratic, but I'm praying the powers that be in the military will choose to mishear or creatively 'interpret' any orders to launch nukes.
I'm with you 100%.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
No offense, I respect you man, but did you really oppose the invasion of Iraq? Did you really oppose the expansion of federal powers in response to 9/11? Srsly?
No. I didn’t oppose the invasion of Iraq because I thought the aftermath would be handled with competence. It wasn’t. Unless the unspoken goal was long term chaos.

But concerning the expansion of surveillance and the seemingly lack of oversight? I wasn’t a fan of that at all. I get the fear of a so-called rogue actor smuggling in a nuclear or smallpox filled warhead but there needs to be care taken with respect to constitutional rights.

What bothers me with politics now is the fact that the judiciary is the prize. It wasn’t suppose to evolve in that direction but it did. In part, rightly or wrongly, to override popular reluctance to adopt certain progressive positions. Is Trump dangerous? Trump is a red herring. The reaction to globalization and automation is what’s predictable and dangerous. Trump and the resurgence of nationalism, worldwide, is a symptom.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Jimmy Kimmel has been doing it for a couple of years:

https://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimme...k-donald-trump
When has Kimmel ever shown a doctored video and claimed it was not doctored?
Old 05-25-2019, 06:50 AM
One of Cecil's six friends
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Whew. Hadn't heard from ol' Rudy for a while. Was wondering if something was wrong with him.
He's busy complaining about Yelp restaurant reviews:

Quote:
2/ This is the @Yelp review of @MamaLisaItalian that got Rudy so excited 🍕

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “…Rudy Giuliani was in the restaurant as well! I was about to send him a drink, but it looked like he had gotten plenty already” –Ken F
🥃 https://t.co/18xeMHHXiy
Old 05-25-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
<snip>
What bothers me with politics now is the fact that the judiciary is the prize. It wasn’t suppose to evolve in that direction but it did. In part, rightly or wrongly, to override popular reluctance to adopt certain progressive positions. Is Trump dangerous? Trump is a red herring. The reaction to globalization and automation is what’s predictable and dangerous. Trump and the resurgence of nationalism, worldwide, is a symptom.
Most level-headed thing written in the last 24 hours, and it's octopus that writes it.

Must be a sign of the Apolcalypse...

Press on.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
There's some truth to this:

Trump’s Public Enemies List Is an Impeachable Offense

Quote:
Long before becoming president, Donald Trump called for the jailing of his adversaries. Aided by Attorney General William Barr, he may now actually be training the full force of federal law enforcement against his enemies, real or perceived. Unlike Richard Nixon, who acted in secret, Trump is corrupting the justice system openly and publicly.

Trump’s desire to investigate the investigators who uncovered the Russian plot to elect him president has taken on a special urgency since the release of the Mueller Report, with Trump repeatedly accusing government officials of “treason,” and the White House declaring: “This whole thing was a TAKEDOWN ATTEMPT at the President of the United States.”

On Thursday night, after Trump had spent days excoriating the purportedly “treasonous” investigators by name, he announced he had granted Barr the “full and complete authority” to declassify documents relating to the Russia probe. The White House also stated that Trump had directed intelligence agencies to “quickly and fully” cooperate with the investigation into the investigation.

In November 2017, the New York Times’s called 10 former attorneys general, but only one responded to its question whether Sessions should accede to Trump’s loud demands: It was Barr, who said he saw no problem with the president training the sights of the Department of Justice on a political enemy, as long as it was “warrant[ed].” Barr even opined that the evidence against Clinton was stronger than any potential evidence of wrongdoing by the president, this despite the fact that the primary “evidence” for the Uranium One allegations came from a book sponsored by Steve Bannon.

Barr suggested to the Times that there is just no problem with a president personally selecting who should or should not become the subjects of criminal investigations, as long as the facts “warrant” inquiries. But that entirely misses the point.

As the nation recognized during the Watergate era, if the president employs the apparatus of the federal government to single out and punish political or personal enemies by making them the focus of law enforcement investigations, the perception (and the reality) of fairness on which our justice system depends will be gravely endangered.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Most level-headed thing written in the last 24 hours, and it's octopus that writes it.

Must be a sign of the Apolcalypse...
No, it's the usual sign of upcoming Democratic election wins. Republicans always talk about bipartisanship and moderation when they're out of power.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
I'm talking about intel assets being exposed. It's a dangerous job, which carry real risks that apparently the AG and president don't seem to care about. Whoever was involved in any attempt to spy on Russia over the last few years is probably shitting in their pants.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Ow, that stung. I'll surely be weeping into my pillow tonight.

Dude, when complete strangers with no particular ax to grind think you're kind of an asshole, that really should give you pause.
I do not think he's an asshole.

He's a coward.

It's evident in the impotent rage, the complete lack of action he takes and/or exhorts others to take, the inability to comprehend that saving this country isn't Nancy Pelosi's job... it's his, it's ours, and that whining on message boards, while fun, is not doing the job he expects others to do for him.

A coward. A moral coward, a coward towards taking action, just... cowardice. It drips from every single one of his posts. The concept of leadership... moral and otherwise... is completely and utterly foreign to him.

Seriously, Asahi - link to a post, anytime 2016-onward, in which you claim to have actually done something besides the bare minimum of voting. Made phone calls. Knocked on doors. Engaged with people directly. Anything.

Last edited by JohnT; 05-25-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about intel assets being exposed. It's a dangerous job, which carry real risks that apparently the AG and president don't seem to care about. Whoever was involved in any attempt to spy on Russia over the last few years is probably shitting in their pants.
It also has the effect of hampering the US's ability to recruit new assets, because why would they trust us, and giving pause to our allies with regards to sharing their intelligence with us.

The day after Trump fired Comey, he was giving away intell to the Russian ambassador and foreign minister in the Oval Office (with none of our personnel present, mind you). Trump has a pathological need to brag, even to our adversaries:

"I get the best intell, tremendous intell, everyone says so. Just look at this! Can you believe we can do that?

Of course, to Trump, the Russians aren't the adversaries, the Democrats and the "Deep State" are--look at his "Enemies list". (I mentioned Trump having a Nixonian enemies list back in the dawn of this thread and Trump supporters were like "Come on, that's farfetched".)

Some of the initial Russian interference notifications came from some of our Five Eyes allies and I think I saw a clip of Trump saying he wants that looked into.

Trump gives Barr authority to declassify anything in campaign “spying” probe

Quote:
The blanket order to allow declassification of data may quickly create rifts with US allies as well. Reports indicate that much of the information used as evidence in the Mueller investigation came from data sharing by other members of the Five Eyes—the intelligence alliance that ties together the agencies of the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Much of it, according to a report in The Independent in 2017, came from the UK's GCHQ.

Trump already has reportedly created tension with allied intelligence agencies, starting very early in his term when he shared information with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Viktorovich Lavrov during an Oval Office visit. The information had come from Israeli intelligence sources.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Y I know that some of you really want to believe that you all are intellectually superior to others,...
The irony! Mr. "I am the smartest man in the room".

Go for a walk or something, before you have a stroke.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:21 AM

I suspect, but cannot prove, that the ratio of Mensa members on the SDMB is far above any other random collection of persons. And that just includes the smug assholes who might join such a club! Not even the ones who are quite certain they could join, but abstain from an abiding sense of humility.

Last edited by elucidator; 05-25-2019 at 11:22 AM.