Old 09-07-2019, 12:49 PM

It wasn't in that link but there is news that he was shot.

Quote:
In a statement to TIME, the FBI says the individual surrendered Thursday afternoon and confirmed he had been shot. He is receiving medical treatment at a hospital near Nashville. The FBI has not arrested him or charged him with a crime.
https://time.com/5669993/ice-agent-s...uck-nashville/
Old 09-07-2019, 12:52 PM

My apologies to Mr. Kitchen and my thanks to you, mikecurtis, for the update.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:13 PM

https://www.fox13news.com/amp/news/f...sing-stun-gun?

Only 20 years for this???
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 AM

COPA Report Concludes CPD Officer Patrick Kelly Shot Friend Michael LaPorta, Lied About It For Nearly 10 Years

Too weird.

Kelly says that 10 years ago, his friend, whom had been out drinking with, came back to Kelly's home and then shot himself in the head with Kelly's gun.

Chicago cops don't really buy it, but since the friend, LaPorta, had several brain surgeries and could not speak and could not contradict Kelly. (I guess he could not communicate at all)

But now he can speak, says he was not suicidal and did NOT shoot himself. Says Kelly was acting out in a fit, had punched his dog and was brandishing his gun. He doesn't remember being shot, but had told Kelly he was leaving.

Quote:
In 2014, while on duty, Kelly is accused of wrongfully shooting Hector Hernandez to death. A year earlier in 2013, he was accused of wrongfully using a Taser on Elaina Turner, who was pregnant.

-God
Old 09-10-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
From the linked article:
Quote:
Earlier this year, two retired Chattanooga officers were accused of helping suppress allegations against Logan.

The women say they notified police, but an official probe wasn't launched until the county sheriff was notified.
And they wonder why there is a credibility problem.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
"Desmond Logan is not what the men and women of the Chattanooga Police Department represent," Police Chief David Roddy told the Free Press.
But the men and women of the Chattanooga Police Department protected him as best they could......

-God
Old 09-13-2019, 11:10 AM

In the last 15ish years Chicago has paid over 750 million dollars in settlements and fees and things, and an additional over 200 million in private attorneys fees in regards to police misconduct. I'm no math wiz, but I'm pretty sure that's close to a billion dollars, baby.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...560224581.html

Last edited by bobot; 09-13-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Coop
Old 09-13-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
In the last 15ish years Chicago has paid over 750 million dollars in settlements and fees and things, and an additional over 200 million in private attorneys fees in regards to police misconduct. I'm no math wiz, but I'm pretty sure that's close to a billion dollars, baby.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...560224581.html
Well then, I'd think the "few bad apples" would be gone now!
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM

***WARNING! The video linked in this post is very intense and IMO disturbing!***

This asshole resigned from the Glendale (AZ) PD before he could be fired.

The body cam video shows Glendale Officer Joshua Carroll confronting an unarmed mentally disabled man who was sitting in his car. The man doesn't understand why the officer is talking to him or detaining him, becomes upset and isn't following the officers instructions well. So naturally, Officer Carroll decides that he must be taken down and taken down hard. He's repeatedly tased, taken down to the pavement and partially lodged under his own car and then repeatedly assaulted and incapacitated, all while the officer demands he do something he in physically unable to do, which elicits more beating and tasing. The man is left bleeding from his head while the officer continues to assault him while screaming conflicting commands at him.

For the fucking life of me, I cannot understand why this man hasn't been charged with assault, arrested and put behind bars, where he won't be a danger to the general public.

Remember this name: Joshua Carroll. He didn't get fired, so he could end up working in your town.
Old Today, 06:22 AM

The guy seems a real winner
Quote:
During the pursuit, police said Carroll advised an officer trainee to violate department policy by increasing his speed to over 100 mph and not stopping for red lights. In the same incident, Carroll fired a rifle round at a suspect, which police said put civilians and other officers at risk. Following the incident, Carroll told a police commander that the investigation would have never happened if the incident took place ten years earlier and no cameras were inside police vehicles.

The commander criticized Carroll for not accepting responsibility and providing excuses for his conduct. In addition to the reprimand, Carroll was removed from the field training program, according to police officials.
from here https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www....ontroversy.amp

These were among other violations the officer had received warnings for.
Old Today, 11:28 AM

Sheriff helped plot his own deputy's killing over 'racially offensive' tape, prosecutors say

Yep. Sheriff plots to kill his deputy to keep him quiet.
Quote:
Attorney Lorrin Freeman, who brought the charges, told the News & Observer that Wilkins is still the sheriff.

“Technically,” the prosecutor said, “he can continue to serve if he chooses to until convicted.”
Yep. Law AND Order!

-God