Old 08-31-2019, 12:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

She should be CRUCIFIED.

And Ivanka’s should be forgiven, because she is the Anointed Sex Object of the Chosen One.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:53 PM

Those hoping that Mar-a-Lago is damaged by the coming storm may overlook that Trump is rooting for the very same thing! Expect FEMA to spend hundreds of millions in taxpayer money to restore Mar-a-Lago and make it bigger and better than ever, with overpriced contractors giving kickbacks to Ivanka's secret bank accounts. The fraud will be advertised as God's work and a boon for the United States, since we do need a suitable place to entertain key allies like Putin and Kim.

Not one single Republican will complain. Democrats who object will be branded as traitors. Trending on Facebook will be evidence that Hurricane Dorian was targeted at Trump by evil Clintonian witchcraft.

(Some details above are slightly exaggerated, but a hit on the resort will play out along those lines.)

Last edited by septimus; 08-31-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Well, that is less likely as the the latest projections have the Hurricane do a hard turn north and just follow the Florida coast up north with good space between the eye and the coast, that is good news, and one should always remember that heavy rain does fall on both the unjust and the just.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...r-map-n1047911
Old 08-31-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
Well, that is less likely as the the latest projections have the Hurricane do a hard turn north and just follow the Florida coast up north with good space between the eye and the coast, that is good news, and one should always remember that heavy rain does fall on both the unjust and the just.

Yes, but it only causes one of those types to melt.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Those hoping that Mar-a-Lago is damaged by the coming storm may overlook that Trump is rooting for the very same thing! Expect FEMA to spend hundreds of millions in taxpayer money to restore Mar-a-Lago and make it bigger and better than ever, with overpriced contractors giving kickbacks to Ivanka's secret bank accounts. The fraud will be advertised as God's work and a boon for the United States, since we do need a suitable place to entertain key allies like Putin and Kim.
Don't forget the terrific opportunities for insurance fraud:
Hurricanes have often been a threat to Mar-a-Lago. In 2005, Trump said he received a $17 million insurance payment for hurricane damage to the resort, but an Associated Press investigation found little evidence of such large-scale damage. At the time, Trump said he didn’t know how much had been spent on repairs, but acknowledged he pocketed some of the money. He transferred funds into his personal accounts, saying that under the terms of his policy “you didn’t have to reinvest it.”
https://time.com/5665863/hurricane-d...mp-mar-a-lago/
Old 09-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Hurricanes have often been a threat to Mar-a-Lago. In 2005, Trump said he received a $17 million insurance payment for hurricane damage to the resort, but an Associated Press investigation found little evidence of such large-scale damage. At the time, Trump said he didn’t know how much had been spent on repairs, but acknowledged he pocketed some of the money. He transferred funds into his personal accounts, saying that under the terms of his policy “you didn’t have to reinvest it.”
Well, the highlighted is generally true - if my house burns down, I'm under no obligation to rebuild it. Of course, that is assuming that there was actually $17 million in damage, which given Trump's general track record would be absolutely insane.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:31 PM
SDSAB

Insurance fraud is among the lesser of his many sins, I'm sure.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Of course, that is assuming that there was actually $17 million in damage, which given Trump's general track record would be absolutely insane.
Forget about Trump's general record. This is Trump talking about numbers associated with a golf course.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
He may not have received any at all.
Did Trump get $17 million for hurricane damage to Mar-a-Lago that never happened? (Article from 2017)
Quote:
President Donald Trump once said he got $17 million in a hurricane damage insurance payout for his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, but an Associated Press investigation couldn't find much evidence of the supposed damage.

During a 2007 deposition for a civil lawsuit that didn't have a whole lot to do with the insurance payment, Trump said he received the $17 million from an insurance policy and that the money went toward fixing up the "landscaping, roofing, walls, painting, leaks, artwork in the — you know, the great tapestries, tiles, Spanish tiles, the beach, the erosion," and added that the estate's "still not what it was."

He also mentioned that some of the insurance money went into his wallet, which was allowed based on the terms of the policy. However, the AP couldn't figure out which insurance company paid the bill, and the only confirmation of the payout amount is Trump's word at the deposition.

The payment allegedly comes from 2005, the year Hurricane Wilma hit Florida. Though the storm was powerful, the AP could only find evidence of some downed trees and missing roof tiles at Mar-a-Lago. The estate is valued at around $150 million, so, when you think about $17 million in damage, you'd think winds and water wrecked more than 10 percent of the structures and facilities.

Donald Trump Jr. got married there two weeks after Hurricane Wilma, which seems like an event unlikely to have taken place had Mar-a-Lago been the cracked, water-stained mess Trump seems to have claimed.

The AP also asked around, and couldn't find anyone who could come close to a reason for Trump's eight-figure claim.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
He may not have received any at all.
Did Trump get $17 million for hurricane damage to Mar-a-Lago that never happened? (Article from 2017)
Well, it is rumored that he inflates values for personal profit. So, he could be lying about getting $17m - though, I don't know what you get out of inflating your insurance payout - or he's telling the truth but inflated the cost of damage that he gave the insurance company.

If I was that insurance company, I'd be re-analyzing that payout to determine if that damage might have been inflated.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post

The most likely projections stilj have the storm making landfall, just not moving inland. That would still put the eyewall almost directly over Mar-a-Lago (but unfortunately also almost over my house by Tuesday night).
Old 09-01-2019, 10:55 PM
SDSAB

It's OK, because Twitler is totally well-informed on meteorological issues!: https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/01/polit...ian/index.html
Old 09-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Can we pretend for a moment that the Thread title is "How has someone pissed off President Trump today?" ?

Sweden rejects TRUMP vanity license plate request:
Quote:
Swedish authorities say that a man has been denied a vanity plate with the letters TRUMP because it violated motor vehicle department rules, calling the letter combination “offensive.”
Old 09-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

The lying sack of stupid says he'll release "‘extremely complete’ financial report before 2020 election".

Uh, yeah, right. No, he won't. Anyway, if it does not include the bridge his supporters bought, it'll be incomplete.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
The lying sack of stupid says he'll release "‘extremely complete’ financial report before 2020 election".

Uh, yeah, right. No, he won't. Anyway, if it does not include the bridge his supporters bought, it'll be incomplete.
That report will come right on the heels of the 10% middle-class tax cut he pledged to us just before the midterms. And after he deposits the check from Mexico to pay for the Wall™️. And it’ll be included with his tax returns he promised to release after he was elected.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jocko View Post
That report will come right on the heels of the 10% middle-class tax cut he pledged to us just before the midterms. And after he deposits the check from Mexico to pay for the Wall™️. And it’ll be included with his tax returns he promised to release after he was elected.
He's going to be a busy guy, what with Infrastructure Week coming up and his plans for repealing, and replacing, Obamacare.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 AM

The plan for Infrastructure Week is "let it crumble", isn't it?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
The plan for Infrastructure Week is "let it crumble", isn't it?
I think that is one of the planned outcomes. The other is lining many rich peoples pockets with a trillion dollars or so.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
He's going to be a busy guy, what with Infrastructure Week coming up and his plans for repealing, and replacing, Obamacare.
But I've got my country's 500 mile wall to build, my election to fix, my wife to murder, and Hillary to frame for it. I'm swamped!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:15 PM
SDSAB

POTUS, sensitive to public sentiment on the anniversary of 9/11, doesn't tweet anything political, self-involved or offensive today.

Ha! Gotcha. Just kidding, of course: https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/polit...-11/index.html
Old 09-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar in chief
"I was sitting at home watching a major business television show early that morning. Jack Welch, the legendary head of General Electric, was about to be interviewed when all of the sudden they cut away. At first there were different reports. 'It was a boiler fire.' But I knew that boilers aren't at the top of a building. 'It was a kitchen explosion in Windows of the World.' Nobody really knew what happened. There was great confusion,"
I recall a great deal of confusion as to what was happening, but I think everyone knew fairly early on that it was a plane the crashed into the first world trade center (although was thought to be pilot error). Was there anyone actually speculating that it was a boiler or kitchen fire? Or is this just Trumps way of saying he knew more than the TV pundits.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 09-11-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:01 PM

"all of the sudden"