Old 01-21-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
He signed an order allowing Federal agencies to roll back ACA requirements. This means that the mandated minimum coverage can be gutted. So now even if people have access to health care it can be really really crappy health care. He has essentially turned the insurance companies into death panels that decide who lives or dies depending on their bottom line and profit margin.
"https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/us/politics/trump-executive-order-obamacare.html?_r=0

Quote:
The order states what Mr. Trump made clear during his campaign: that it is his administration’s policy to seek the “prompt repeal” of the law, which has come to be known as Obamacare. But he and Republicans on Capitol Hill have not yet devised a replacement, making such action unlikely in the immediate term.
What I bolded is my takeaway from this, and also (as others have stated in other threads) - I'd be surprised if the changes will be, ultimately, substantial, and instead, just a bunch of little "band-aid" alterations (if he even gets around to those), and then he'll stamp it "Trumpcare".
Hoping I don't turn out to be woefully wrong on that speculation.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie The Horrible View Post
"Trumpcare".
Fuck what an Orwellian, god-awfully oxymoronic-sounding policy name if ever there was one.

WinnerCare?
Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 AM

TremendousCare. It's gonna be yyuuuuuuge!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigamarole View Post
TremendousCare. It's gonna be yyuuuuuuge!
damn - you ninja'ed me on that one. (er - I came here to post that, so, scratched off list)

ClassyCare,
SomethingTerrfiCare (notice just one "C" for ease of joining words - "for ease of regulation-free care")
PepeCare
Grab'emBythePussyCare

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 01-21-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:04 AM

Personally, I'm a fan of Don'tCare.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:33 PM
SDSAB

On his first full day in office appeared at CIA HQ, before men and women charged with providing the nation with accurate intelligence about other countries, and overstated the size of the crowd at his own Inauguration: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...-headquarters/
Old 01-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
On his first full day in office appeared at CIA HQ, before men and women charged with providing the nation with accurate intelligence about other countries, and overstated the size of the crowd at his own Inauguration: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...-headquarters/
Quote:
But the president quickly shifted from praise for the CIA to criticism of media coverage of Inauguration Day, in an unscripted address that overstated the size of the crowd that gathered on the National Mall as he took the oath of office. Trump said throngs “went all the way back to the Washington monument,” despite photos and live video showing the crowd stopping well short of the landmark.

The president’s media criticism came as he stood in front of a memorial honoring CIA officers killed while serving the United States.
I can't believe how tone-deaf The Cheeto is.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

'"I'm so behind you", that I will tell you when the Kremlin will arrest our spies in Russia!

I already told you that I was only being conciliatory when I told uncle Putin about that spy cell that was bothering him.'
Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Thanking the "people of the world" does suggest that he feels he owes his victory, at least in part, to persons or entities beyond our borders.
Guess who.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate11 View Post
Trump himself hasn't made me upset, but seeing how people react to him make me sick.
Deal with it.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
He was performing for the people who voted for him, so yeah. He considers those who didn't vote for him his enemies.
Good. I voted for Hitlery. And I'm OK with it.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
I hope you have health care for the next four years, because people are going react that way for his entire term..
I hope the Trumpies DON'T. I want them to get ALL they asked for.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
I'll admit to my thorough ignorance of this issue. But, why was this at the very top of his to do list? I don't recall FHA mortgage insurance rates being a major campaign issue for him. Yet, of all the things he could have done in the first hour of his presidency, he picked this kind of arcane issue that will seemingly do little other than suck a few more bucks out of lower and middle class homeowners. The hell?
This is why ... "suck a few more bucks out of lower and middle class homeowners."

That IS the why of it.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
He signed an order allowing Federal agencies to roll back ACA requirements. This means that the mandated minimum coverage can be gutted. So now even if people have access to health care it can be really really crappy health care. He has essentially turned the insurance companies into death panels that decide who lives or dies depending on their bottom line and profit margin.
They accused Obama of doing this when he wasn't. They voted for Trump and it's really happening.

They voted for it, now they got it. GOOD.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Right, although all the media outlets I've seen today correctly reported that there were no hard estimates of crowd size, they also were reporting that photo comparisons with Obama's first inaugural clearly showed a smaller crowd for the Trump event. Trump, at his CIA appearance, said he felt like it was a million, million and half (as if that surprises anyone).

This was followed by a press statement by chief flack Sean Spicer (delayed by an hour for who knows what reason) that consisted almost entirely of Spicer berating the press for a) an incorrect tweet by a Time reporter that a bust of MLK had been removed from the Oval Office; b) more blather about 'inaccurate' reporting of the inauguration crowd size. You know, the crowd size that everyone was saying repeatedly could not be accurately estimated.

Good Lord, the next few years are going to be tedious.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 01-21-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:13 PM

Whining and lying about the media under reporting the size of the crowd for his inauguration. Sad.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie The Horrible View Post
Quote:
The order states what Mr. Trump made clear during his campaign: that it is his administration’s policy to seek the “prompt repeal” of the law, which has come to be known as Obamacare. But he and Republicans on Capitol Hill have not yet devised a replacement, making such action unlikely in the immediate term.
What I bolded is my takeaway from this, and also (as others have stated in other threads) - I'd be surprised if the changes will be, ultimately, substantial, and instead, just a bunch of little "band-aid" alterations (if he even gets around to those), and then he'll stamp it "Trumpcare".
Hoping I don't turn out to be woefully wrong on that speculation.
The problem with that argument is that it presumes that they want a replacement at all. It seems far more likely to me (and in tune with their general behavior) that they'll completely eliminate it, and then openly mock the people who are dying as "losers" and "parasites".
Old 01-21-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
The problem with that argument is that it presumes that they want a replacement at all. It seems far more likely to me (and in tune with their general behavior) that they'll completely eliminate it, and then openly mock the people who are dying as "losers" and "parasites".
Thing is that "they" compose at least two factions. There's the Paul Ryan set, which would be all right with (underfunded) high risk pools, selling insurance across state lines, modified HSAs. By no means full coverage and the younger, healthier and richer you are the better, but not nothing. Then there's the Freedom Caucus set, which believes philosophically that the federal government simply doesn't have a role to play in providing health insurance to people.

Given that, I figure the chances of any replacement are slim.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

I've been hearing about executive orders and proclamations in the news, but whoever's minding the newly-reminted whitehouse.gov website for Trump is running behind. Executive orders are supposed to be here; proclamations here. Both are blank as I type this. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to go there and see just what Trump has done in terms of executive orders and whatnot.

Last edited by RTFirefly; 01-21-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Only to the extent that the ACA allows. Executive orders can't override statutes.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:13 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I've been hearing about executive orders and proclamations in the news, but whoever's minding the newly-reminted whitehouse.gov website for Trump is running behind. Executive orders are supposed to be here; proclamations here. Both are blank as I type this.
He wants them to be a surprise.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hippie View Post
Whining and lying about the media under reporting the size of the crowd for his inauguration. Sad.
Earned a Pants on Fire, but I'm sure that's just fake news.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 PM
SDSAB

Kellyanne Conway says the Trump Administration is pleased to offer "alternative facts": https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...rowd/21660200/

Some other alternative facts:

The Sun rises in the west
John Adams was our first President
Up is down
Down is up
We have always been at war with Eastasia
Old 01-22-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Kellyanne Conway says the Trump Administration is pleased to offer "alternative facts": https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...rowd/21660200/

Up is down
Down is up
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:23 PM

From that the strange-jawed (is she on 'roids?) Kellyanne Conway from that article:

Quote:
If we're going to keep referring to the press secretary in those types of terms I think we're going to have to rethink our relationship here.
Oh?
Really?
Sounding a bit......arch......are we?

To quote Terry Jones: "Look....Are you insinuating something?!"
Old 01-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b070d8cad32f89
Quote:
After Promising To Release His Tax Returns, Trump Aide Says He Won’t Because ‘People Didn’t Care’

Seventy-four percent of Americans want Trump to release his tax returns.
Donald Jr. comment on why daddy will not does sounds a lot like he belongs to a family of crooks that will try their best to not show any transparency to all Americans.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:14 PM

And here I thought I was born too late to experience 1984
Old 01-22-2017, 07:00 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greenjeans View Post
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Donald Trump will be the greatest President in American history.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Up is down
Down is up
...and pee-facials give her glowing younger skin...!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post

Donald Jr. comment on why daddy will not does sounds a lot like he belongs to a family of crooks that will try their best to not show any transparency to all Americans.
I think Trump assumes that because he won the election, that must therefore mean that not releasing the returns isn't a big deal to most, because if it was, he would've lost.

He may be right to a certain extent, in that I don't think this is the thing that people will hold his feet to the fire over.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
That seems the most likely outcome.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 PM

Claimed that God stopped the raindrops from falling during his inauguration speech, while 18 people were dying in tornadoes in the southeastern US.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needscoffee View Post
Claimed that God stopped the raindrops from falling during his inauguration speech, while 18 people were dying in tornadoes in the southeastern US.
And what's more, he was lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
But God looked down and he said “we’re not going to let it rain on your speech”.

In fact, when I first started I said “oh no”. First line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And i said “oh, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it”. But the truth is: that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny ["sudden" in transcript but clearly "sunny" in video], and then I walked off and it poured right after I left - it poured.
In fact, it didn't stop raining during Trump's speech. (Hence Rev. Franklin Graham's mention in his closing prayer of rain as a Biblical sign of blessing.)
Old 01-23-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Deal with it.
Sure- as long as protesters don't mess up my day by protesting near bus routes (or worse, bus terminals) I use (I'll be pissed off if there's a protest at the Neva/Archer bus terminal because I connect to the Pace 330 there, although that is unlikely at best), damage/destroy businesses I use (so don't start a riot at Ricobene's at 26th and Princeton, or Connie's at Archer & Normal), or just flat out get on top of my dad's car while he's driving, either by himself or when I'm in it too. Flip my car and I will hunt YOU down. Well, not you, the poster, but whoever decides to flip my car.

Locations are all in Chicago, before anyone asks about those locations.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:12 AM

Trump’s been in office more than 48 hours, yet tornadoes have killed at least 18 people in the SE today.Why hasn’t Trump put a stop to these deadly dustdevils?
Old 01-23-2017, 01:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
I think Trump assumes that because he won the election, that must therefore mean that not releasing the returns isn't a big deal to most, because if it was, he would've lost.

He may be right to a certain extent, in that I don't think this is the thing that people will hold his feet to the fire over.
Nixon thought the same. It did not work for him. (Sure, he had a lot more to explain for his quest of revenge with the attempt at stealing information from the Democratic HQ, but then even Republicans did demand that he release the taxes or else.)

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-23-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:16 AM
Yo soy pinche idiota
Charter Member

Well, he's been a lying sack of shit so far.

On top of that, the fucktard apparently still thinks going back into Iraq to "get their oil" is a good idea. Yay, he's not even bright enough to be this decade's neocon.

Last edited by scabpicker; 01-23-2017 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaper View Post

Some people on Twitter are talking about planning another march for April 15th, if he doesn't do it by then. That one probably won't get to 4 million world-wide, though.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post

People that believed he was going to release his taxes equal the gullibility of those who have great faith in his wall building resourcefulness.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Justice Department, yesterday: Due to New Rules, the nepotism decision is invalid, and Trump can hire son-in-law Jared Kushner as a Senior White House Advisor.

Justice Department, tomorrow" Due to New Rules, the Old Testament is invalid, and Trump can fuck his daughter Ivanka whenever he feels like it.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 PM
SDSAB

I flew to Jupiter and back yesterday!

#alternativefacts
Old 01-23-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I flew to Jupiter and back yesterday!

#alternativefacts
Does #alternativefacts = "Fox News?"
Old 01-23-2017, 06:19 PM

President Trump just officially named January 20 the "National Day of Patriotic Devotion".

You cannot make this shit up.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:32 PM

I mean, does he really think that if he just imitates Obama's proclamation or Obama's cake or pretends Obama's event photos are his own, he'll get Obama's popularity?

Sheesh. I guess it's all True Enough for Television (tm).
Old 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e3a7356a7910

He just re-instated a global gag rule, despite the fact it was already illegal to use US dollars to fund Abortion.

I doubt the bigots that were screaming about sharia law will mind dictating foreign policy based on their bronze aged mythology.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:44 PM
SDSAB

Trump insists to Congressional leaders, without a shred of evidence, that there were three to five million fraudulent ballots cast against him: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7f71f6819050
Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 PM

It wasn't today, but Trump stood in front of a monument to people that died serving this country and alternated between lying about what he said about the attendees in the past and bragging about himself.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:06 AM
Charter Member

You wonder, dontcha? You hear, say, this latest on how there were millions of illegal votes and that's why he didn't win the popular vote landslide as well as the electoral landslide, and, you think "well,that'll do it, even the most brain numbed true believer is gonna bail out on this shit! For sure and for certain, this will tear it!"

And it doesn't. So, maybe there is a God, She just hates us.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 AM
SDSAB

Assigned reading for all incoming West Wing staff: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...207.01.24%20AM
Old 01-25-2017, 04:09 PM

Two years ago:

Pentagon: We'll be doing military exercises called Jade Helm
Future Trump Voter: OMG!!! Obama's gonna declare martial law and use the Army take our gunz!!!!

Today:

Trump: I'm gonna go into Chicago, declare martial law and use the Army to take all the gunz
Trump Voter: Woowooo! What a leader!