Old 04-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Is WWE really going to combine the top titles (again)? I feel there are too many titles, but I think I'm in the minority.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Is WWE really gonna job Kofi Kingston the night after WrestleMania? God, I hope not.

Is this really how Dean Ambrose's WWE career ends? Bobby Lashley, them's fighting words.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Swerved. Should've known.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 PM

The moment they announced that match I knew someone would interfere. I just thought it would be DBD with Rowan.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
Is WWE really gonna job Kofi Kingston the night after WrestleMania? God, I hope not.
Because nothing screams "sales" (or "piss off the fan base that paid for the shirts") like releasing a WWE Champion Kofi T-Shirt and then making it obsolete 24 hours later.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:11 AM

I mean, they've done it before. Not quite under these circumstances, but they have made T-shirts for something that lasted for 24hours.

(Wasn't there a Jericho/KO thing? The shirt said "Jeri-ko" or something like that)
Old 04-09-2019, 07:51 PM

Bray Wyatt is now a buzzard puppet.

DUTT!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:21 AM

Were those the most lackluster shows-after-'Mania ever?
Old 04-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Hard to say, but they were definitely competing for it. I understand not wanting to start anything new until the re-alignment, but it was definitely nothing more than filler. I did like finally letting Lacey Evans do something, and she's a good choice to feed to Becky for her first championship feud. Bad for Lacey, but good for Becky. As for Lars Sullivan, he will be lost in the shuffle in less than 3 weeks. Won't be his fault.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 AM

Well, at least the talent who have been stuck in catering for the last six months will get a chance to appear on stage wearing their new show colors.

Maybe. They might just be mentioned in passing the following week instead.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:49 AM

Supposedly, Drew, Brawn et all appeared on SD because DBD, AJ got some recovery time off.

I'm thinking the ones who lost championships are most likely to switch brands.

USOs > RAW and Revival > SD

Possibly Buddy Murphy, Pete Dunne, Drew Gulak, Cedrick Alexander and the Kannelisisises will move to cable?

I was thrilled to see Black and Ricochet team with Ali, and I hope they stay together.

Who should the new Paul Heyman guy be until Brock gets back from UFC? Bobby Lashley maybe, to set up the clash Lashley wanted before?
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Who should the new Paul Heyman guy be until Brock gets back from UFC? Bobby Lashley maybe, to set up the clash Lashley wanted before?
No one. Put Heyman backstage for a month or six and only pair him with the perfect person when it's right. Heyman can't make anyone look good you know....remember Cesaro?
Old 04-12-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out
Supposedly, Drew, Brawn et all appeared on SD because DBD, AJ got some recovery time off.

I'm thinking the ones who lost championships are most likely to switch brands.

USOs > RAW and Revival > SD

Possibly Buddy Murphy, Pete Dunne, Drew Gulak, Cedrick Alexander and the Kannelisisises will move to cable?

I was thrilled to see Black and Ricochet team with Ali, and I hope they stay together.

Great combo! And the Lesnar/Lashley idea is a good one although Rush is doing a good job as Lashley's mouthpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups
No one. Put Heyman backstage for a month or six and only pair him with the perfect person when it's right. Heyman can't make anyone look good you know....remember Cesaro?
Best use of him now probably!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:28 PM

I hope Lesnar never comes back.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:46 PM

Nice to see some LU stars in RoH.

Willie Mack, Luchasaurus, Jeff Cobb (Matanza), and PJ Black are currently working this weekend's episode.

I miss the Aztec gods presence and the machinations of the Cuetos, however.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

Superstar Shakeup starts poorly with rebranding War Raiders. Won't even dignify their new name by typing it.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 PM

Instant Hardon: War Raiders called up to RAW!

Instant Softon: They've been renamed "The Viking Experience." Did one of Vince's granddaughters think of this?

At least they got the pin.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:43 AM

they didn't have everyone in the WWE in the arena and do the "draft"? like they used to?
Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 AM

No, they just start a match with the opponent first, then announce the "surprise" transferee. The ones who didn't work were given vignettes.

They had Andrade and Zelina vs Finn, as well as Aleister Black in the 8-man, so husband and wife are together on RAW. They brought the Usos and Naomi over as well, so their union is still intact. Ivar and Erik of The Viking Experience (gag) means Sarah Logan and husband Ray Rowe are on the same show as well. I guess this means Charlotte will be joining fiance Andrade. They did a vignette for Cedrick Alexander, but not for Eric Young. They had him in a group picture of the transferees. Lacey Evans is set to go against Becky for the RAW women's title. Rey Mysterio showed up to beguile Elias, then he got beat down by Lars Sullivan. AJ Styles joined Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns in the main event.

I guess Heavy Machinery is going over to SD, and Paige is presumably bringing in Io Shirai and Kari Sane to take on the IIconics.

Interesting... I just looked at Io's wiki, and saw in 2012 she and Nosawa Rongai were busted trying to smuggle 75 grams of MJ inside paintings of themselves. Takuya Sugi later announced he had planted the weed to get back at Nosawa. 75 grams is a little over 5 freezer bags. How do you pack that much weed inside a painting?
Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
75 grams is a little over 5 freezer bags. How do you pack that much weed inside a painting?
75 grams is less than three ounces. I’m also not sure how it would fit in a painting, but it would easily fit in a single large freezer bag, with room to spare.

If you vacuum sealed it, it would actually be very small.

(Canadian, so I’m legally allowed to know these things)

Last edited by cgg419; 04-16-2019 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Apparently the board doesn’t play nicely with mobile smilies
Old 04-16-2019, 12:56 PM

Ah, right, I was thinking 14 grams/oz, but it's 28.

Not legally allowed to know, yet.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:33 PM

Harper requested his release today and announced it on his twitter.

I had just watched is match with Dominic Daijakovic or however that's spelled on the NXT vs. Alums thing on the network. While watching it I kept thinking that the man was getting screwed and misused by WWE and needed better for himself, so that was timely.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Stay Luke Stay! Or go to RoH.

I really hope KO turns on New Day tonight. Just plunges a million daggers in their backs.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

This might be the most unimpressive, uninspired shake-up since the brand split started. Totally same shit, different day. Even with the injuries, the rosters are too large and the writing/booking too insipid. I don't know what I was hoping for post-WM, but whatever it was, WWE hasn't delivered. They don't need new blood on the roster; they need it in leadership.

ETA:
Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Stay Luke Stay! Or go to RoH.

I really hope KO turns on New Day tonight. Just plunges a million daggers in their backs.
With the way she was acting, I had expected Bayley to blindside Naomi on Raw, but with Bayley switching, makes sense she didn't.

Last edited by D_Odds; 04-16-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
This might be the most unimpressive, uninspired shake-up since the brand split started. Totally same shit, different day. Even with the injuries, the rosters are too large and the writing/booking too insipid. I don't know what I was hoping for post-WM, but whatever it was, WWE hasn't delivered. They don't need new blood on the roster; they need it in leadership.
Every single "shake-up" has felt like they were just drawing names out of a hat, this one included.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

I think drawing names out of the hat would give us better results.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

Alexander Wolfe is leaving too, and there are rumors that Tyler Breeze is on his way out.

A lot of people seem to be frustrated with creative lately.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM

Shite, KO is now The Big O.

Do they or do they not know "the Big O" refers to an expression of orgasm? Was this the same person who came up with "The Viking Experience"? Is this what happens when Road Dogg steps down as head SD writer?

He has to turn on them.

I hope AEW does manage to land with TNT/TBS. Just how many of WWE's castoffs are they willing to absorb?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Do they or do they not know "the Big O" refers to an expression of orgasm?
That’s the joke.

Owens even said “It’s funnier that way” when he changed it.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
With the way she was acting, I had expected Bayley to blindside Naomi on Raw, but with Bayley switching, makes sense she didn't.
But Bailey can't turn heel. It would make Izzy cry.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg419
That’s the joke.

Owens even said “It’s funnier that way” when he changed it.
Hey, it worked for Bob Orton Sr. (Randy's grandpa).
Old 04-17-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Alexander Wolfe is leaving too, and there are rumors that Tyler Breeze is on his way out.

A lot of people seem to be frustrated with creative lately.
The thing with the people who are leaving is, other than Luke Harper (and he's more of a "oh darn") I don't care in the least these peopel are going. Wolfe was nothing until Sanity came, Harper was/is too injury prone to matter, I never liked Breeze....they're all nobodys to me.

Although now that I'm typing it, I am sad about Ambrose, but who knows what's going on there.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Although now that I'm typing it, I am sad about Ambrose, but who knows what's going on there.
Apparently, the Shield is having another "farewell match" this Sunday at a house show that's going to stream live on the Network. If this whole Ambrose leaving thing has been an angle, that's when I'd expect it to pay off.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Out with the old, in with the new - When Worlds Collide has Albert Hardie Jr taking on Ligero and Gran Metalik. He used to be ACH in RoH, cut from the same mold as Cedric Alexander. He'll probably be a midcarder, but I always like to see RoH alums making their mark in WWE. I'm hoping Dalton Castle and Flip Gordon eventually make the jump as well.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 PM

Turns out Harper's contract was already expiring in November. But frankly, I don't blame him for asking for a release earlier. He's been cleared to wrestle since February and they hadn't been using him.

If they're not going to use Nikki Cross, they should send her to NXT UK for a while.

Hell, I'd love to see Mojo Rawley in NXT UK as this deluded, self-important AMERICAN coming over there to show them how small time they are (and regularly getting his ass kicked by people who need the bump). I don't see why they can't do this with people they 'don't have anything for' on the main roster. Hell, send over Dana Brooke too and make them a power couple. Even for six months. Give them some reps and some exposure.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

The latest from Meltzer about the Enzo/Cass situation at MSG is very telling. He says that Enzo was there at ROH's request, but that the plan was for him to grab Mark Briscoe's arm, get slapped by Mark, and then get dragged out by security as an homage to the Survivor Series incident. Enzo and Cass went into business for themselves by jumping the barricade and the ensuing brawl was a shoot, which is why it wasn't shown on TV.

New Japan was pretty mad with ROH about it, and Enzo & Cass haven't appeared for ROH since and aren't expected to be invited back.

I can't say I'm surprised.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:43 PM

Good. I saw that RoH signed them up and was dreading seeing them on TV.
RoH is the last place I wanted to see turn into the Zo Show.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:07 PM

Bray Wyatt Buzzard Puppet

Svengoolie's Rubber Chicken Kerwyn

DEPP
Old 04-21-2019, 04:07 AM
Charter Member

Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes has been announced for AEW Double or Nothing.

This has the potential to be the dream match they never really got to have in WWE.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:32 AM

I don't have the link because I saw it on Facebook, but apparently a masked CM Punk came back to some random-ass indie show and did a run in and then peaced out.

He's certainly skinny like CM punk is now, and his GTS looked like shit (as Punk's always did), but who knows.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:19 AM

Here is what Silas Young referred to as "some PUNK."

I think if Punk ever wanted to return to wrestling, he'd want to make a really grand entrance in front of thousands, not an armory audience.

Judging from their roster page, MKE has enough guys CMP's size who could pass for him fully covered.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM

Who really knows, but it could be him. He basically laid out this exact scenario in an interview a few years ago.

https://streamable.com/chsy9
Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes has been announced for AEW Double or Nothing.

This has the potential to be the dream match they never really got to have in WWE.
Dustin did just announce that he'd asked for and been given his release from WWE and was saying goodbye to the Golddust character. In the goodbye, he talked about looking at other opportunities.

Good for him. Dude just turned 50 ten days ago.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Good for him. Dude just turned 50 ten days ago.
You know, I never really thought about how old Dustin was. I saw him and his dad in a tag team match at a WWF house show (against the Orient Express, I think?) around 1990 or so when I was 7 or 8, but under all that makeup it's been hard to think of him as actually aging.

Anyone watching "The Shield's Final Chapter" tonight? It starts in a little over an hour from now.

Last edited by Smapti; 04-21-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:18 AM

I didn't. How else is it going to be booked? SHIELD wins, fans celebrate, plenty of goodbye hugs and handshakes, "please don't go!" Dean and Renee ride off into the sunset.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:26 PM

I was discussing the 2019-20 TV schedule on another thread, and one of my Incredibly Crazy Ideas hit me:

What are the chances that, instead of the "halftime heat" match on WWE Network during halftime of the Super Bowl, Fox gives the spot immediately following the Super Bowl (which Fox is broadcasting) to the WWE for a one-hour "Super Smackdown Special"? Okay, it's one week after the Royal Rumble, but maybe WWE can use that to its advantage.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I was discussing the 2019-20 TV schedule on another thread, and one of my Incredibly Crazy Ideas hit me:

What are the chances that, instead of the "halftime heat" match on WWE Network during halftime of the Super Bowl, Fox gives the spot immediately following the Super Bowl (which Fox is broadcasting) to the WWE for a one-hour "Super Smackdown Special"? Okay, it's one week after the Royal Rumble, but maybe WWE can use that to its advantage.
Not a bad idea at all. There's a part of me that doubts Fox would use that precious time on wrestling, but it would definitely speak to their commitment if they do. Although I doubt there would even BE a halftime heat if the game is on Fox. Fox would want those ratings on the halftime show, so maybe.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:40 PM

IDIOT Vince changes their name again.

Now they're Erik and Ivar, the Viking Raiders.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:58 AM

Vince decided he didn't like the "War" part of their name, because we're not currently at war or something.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Maybe they could come out with a new name every week. That would be kind of fun.