Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 PM

Who's that man?

So, I'm driving toward my driveway. I'm 2 min.away on a county road and low and behold a half-nude man is walking down the middle of the road. ( it's cold today) I stopped and checked my door locks. He zombie-like veered to the drivers side and kept walking. Never looked up, just strolled by. I'm shocked. I have no neighbors, there is no where to be coming from down this county road. It just ends at the county line. If he was walking somewhere he has a loooonnnnggg walk. I went home, closing my gate ( not that that would stop someone walking). Locked the doors and got the pistol out. I called my Son-of-a-wrek. Mr.Wrekker is out of town. My son comes down and looks around on the county road. He finds the guys pants and left boot and a pile of poop. We are sitting here laughing our asses off. Son's gonna drive down the road and see if he's still walking.
Now, why would some random guy just walk down a county road, take a dump, lose a boot, and a pair of pants and walk out? Makes no sense.
I called Mr.Wrekker and he doesn't believe us. He wants a picture or it didn't happen. I wish I had taken a pic of the guy. Son took a pic of the poop,boot,pants pile. He's gonna send it to his dad. WTH?
Old 01-11-2019, 06:29 PM

Forget it, Jake, it's Arkansas.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:38 PM

The aliens got him and all they left was what you found. No pooping in space, don'tcha know.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:43 PM

I saw him. Son-of-a-wrek got back and didn't see the guy anywhere. He's now thinking I'm cray-cray. He saw and photo'd the guys leavings. The guy is probably hiding in the woods. I've sent Son back to the pile to look in the pants for I.D.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM

I don't think you have much to fear from someone who is taking no trouble to hide his crazy. Plus as you pointed out, he paid you no mind whatsoever. Prudent to lock the doors and keep a sharp eye just in case, but he sounds like someone who might be off his meds.

If it were me, I'd call the Sheriff's office and ask them to try and locate the fellow to do a wellness check. He sounds like he's in trouble and could easily die of exposure if no one looks after him soon.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM

We called the sheriff's office. They're sending a deputy out. There was a wallet in the guys pants. With money and a D.L. from Texas. I think they're gonna find a motorcycle or a wrecked vehicle somewhere and a guy with a head injury. We'll see.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:01 PM

Funny, I saw this at least every other day in LA. Now that I'm in Arkansas I...wait...w-was...was that me?
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
We called the sheriff's office. They're sending a deputy out. There was a wallet in the guys pants. With money and a D.L. from Texas. I think they're gonna find a motorcycle or a wrecked vehicle somewhere and a guy with a head injury. We'll see.
I'll bet you're right. I'm glad you called the Sheriff. And I hope the guy is ok when all is said and done.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:23 PM

The game's afoot. Barney Fife is here. He's sent out for the tracking dog. I assume Otis the drunk will be with him. I feel real sorry for the guy whose lost. This may very well be the worst night of his life.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Funny, I saw this at least every other day in LA. Now that I'm in Arkansas I...wait...w-was...was that me?
Are you playing a trick on me? I told you you have to make your own fun in the Natural State, the land of opportunity, Arkansas. But, sir! you go too far.
(Seriously, put your pants back on)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-11-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM

My ex brother-in-law was that guy. We went to an iron maiden show in riverside, which is like 90 miles from LA where we lived, and he got so drunk/dosed that he completely disappeared. We looked for him until well after the show ended. We were the last ppl at the venue before we gave up and went home without him. Turns out he wandered off and was wNdering down the highway all night long before whatever he got dosed with wire off and called my sister from a payphone. She then had to drive the 80 or so miles back to get him the next day.

Last edited by snfaulkner; 01-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM

That sounds so safe and innocent 'dosed'. Clearly that's not how it went down (hehe).
Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM

He says he was offered a couple drags off a joint. But thinks that said joint was dosed with something else. Pcp maybe.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:59 PM

I'm glad you called it in Beck. I don't know why the guy is wandering about, but he clearly needs help.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 PM

Beck, are you sure he's not your husband? It's Wabbit Season so we'd understand if you forgot what he looks like.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Update:
No man found, no disabled vehicle found. Police took the boot, pants but not the poop. A motorcycle helmet was found on the state high-way about 10miles away. Not sure if its connected.
The tracking dog was not interested in tracking. Him and Otis went home.
Son said it was the biggest C.F. he's ever seen. No one knew what to do. They're gonna call out the sheriff's auxiliary on horseback tomarrow. I didn't go out there. They came and took a statement from me.
I really don't think they would believe me had it not been for the items found.
Were sitting around waiting on an update we probably will never hear. Unless they find a body. Then they'll probably accuse me. If I drop off the board all of a sudden you'll know what happened.
ETA Mr. Wrekker is in Texas, alive and well. With his pants and both boots on. I checked.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-11-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Maybe your son is playing an elaborate prank on you. That would actually be my best guess if not for the fact police responded. Check around where you've been for hidden cameras. Taking a picture with poop included and sending it to a relative is like something out of a prank scheme designed to amplify mortification.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Nah. He wouldn't do that to his dear ol' Ma. Altho' he does have a bunch of friends in LE.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
Maybe your son is playing an elaborate prank on you. That would actually be my best guess if not for the fact police responded. Check around where you've been for hidden cameras. Taking a picture with poop included and sending it to a relative is like something out of a prank scheme designed to amplify mortification.
People can get in some very big trouble for playing a prank on the police. I just hope that whoever this man is, he can be located safely.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Update:
No man found, no disabled vehicle found. Police took the boot, pants but not the poop. A motorcycle helmet was found on the state high-way about 10miles away. Not sure if its connected.
The tracking dog was not interested in tracking. Him and Otis went home.
Son said it was the biggest C.F. he's ever seen. No one knew what to do. They're gonna call out the sheriff's auxiliary on horseback tomarrow. I didn't go out there. They came and took a statement from me.
I really don't think they would believe me had it not been for the items found.
Were sitting around waiting on an update we probably will never hear. Unless they find a body. Then they'll probably accuse me. If I drop off the board all of a sudden you'll know what happened.
ETA Mr. Wrekker is in Texas, alive and well. With his pants and both boots on. I checked.
What does that stand for in this context? Canine Force?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
People can get in some very big trouble for playing a prank on the police.
So? This is where I get confused about women and men, and I refer you to Bruce Springsteen's 'Blinded by the Light':

Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is!

ESPECIALLY if the friends are in Law Enforcement. Sounds like fun.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawth Chucka View Post
What does that stand for in this context? Canine Force?
I think she's referring to a cluster fuck. I could be wrong, of course.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
People can get in some very big trouble for playing a prank on the police. I just hope that whoever this man is, he can be located safely.
Don't worry he didn't play a trick on me. He's as shocked as I am that there is a walker in these backwoods. It's not normal. We are far away from anything. Not walking distance to anything but my house. And I didn't know him. His name on his ID was no one we know. Plus he is from Texas according to his DL. According to my son they have a roadblock set up at the state highway crossroads as of an hour ago. But that may have been pre-planned and have nothing to do with the lost man.
Yes C.F. means clusterfuck.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, no doubt. The remote possibility I had in mind would be a prankster colluding with police on the prank. I'm in an urban area, so it wouldn't fly here. I don't know what happens in remote places.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:09 AM

It wouldn't fly here either. There really was a man walking half naked down the county road near my drive. My son found his clothes and ID on down the road. We haven't seen the man again. The police made a search. They took a statement from us. Looked in all my out buildings. Theres no prank going on as far as I can tell. Not by us, anyway.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 AM
Charter Member

How cold does it get at night where you are? Freezing?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:27 AM

It will get to 42 overnight. And it's drizzling rain. If he's out there somewhere he's gonna be awful uncomfortable. Maybe he had a cell phone. Signal will be hard to get. If he got to the highway he'll have had better luck.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Charter Member

Who's that man?

That's cold, especially when you're half-naked. Wet doesn't help. Exposure/hypothermia is a real possibility.

Last edited by Northern Piper; 01-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 AM

I would welcome an update on this strange occurrence. I hope this person is OK.
Do you know a child in need?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:07 AM

I know they are out on horse this morning looking for the guy. Son-of-a-wrek is down there with the guys and gals. He knows most of them. He's promised to get me an update if something happens. No word yet.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Maybe he had a cell phone.
It's in his pants pocket.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:28 PM

Well, the guy is found. He was in the next county at his friends house. Apparently whoever left him out there came back and got him. It was all about drugs. They were wasted when they drove off without him.
My understanding is they got ahold of his family through his DL address and were told where he was staying in Arkansas. He was found there. He was glad to get his wallet back, I suppose. No word on if he saw me or walked by my car. Whew, glad that mystery is solved. I worried all night.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the update.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
It was all about drugs.
I'm shocked! Well, okay, one or two pico-volts of shock, but it still counts, right?
Old 01-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Drugs? In rural Arkansas? Unheard of!