Old 12-03-2019, 03:39 AM
Charter Member

Black Widow Teaser Trailer

Marvel Studios just released a teaser trailer for the Black Widow movie (coming May 1, 2020). Looks pretty promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAtuMu_ph4
Old 12-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Charter Member

Looks exciting. Already a few surprises revealed in that trailer.

This is obviously set before Endgame and appears to have a plot that has an excuse to explore an origin story without needing to actually be a (redundant and late) origin story. I also think they waited to make it now because something significant will be set up for the next MCU Phase to follow up on.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:00 AM

My guess was, and still is, that about half the movie takes place before Avengers: Endgame (possibly even before Infinity War) and the rest of it is post-Endgame with Yelena being the new Black Widow taking care of that "unfinished business" and becoming the "official" new Black Widow.

I really hope that they somehow include the character of Dottie, from the Agent Carter TV series, in the story.
"Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible. The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks."
-- Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective
Old 12-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkeller View Post
My guess was, and still is, that about half the movie takes place before Avengers: Endgame (possibly even before Infinity War) and the rest of it is post-Endgame with Yelena being the new Black Widow taking care of that "unfinished business" and becoming the "official" new Black Widow.

I really hope that they somehow include the character of Dottie, from the Agent Carter TV series, in the story.
The movie supposed to take place between Civil War and Infinity War. I doubt there will be anything post-Endgame other than an end credit sequence.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:48 AM

David Harbour as a portly Red Guardian? I'm in!

(Well I was already in 'cuz I'm a mark for MCU movies, but I'm even more in now. Plus Taskmaster is in there too, so I'm even more in then I was before the prior sentence).
Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 PM

enalzi:

Quote:
The movie supposed to take place between Civil War and Infinity War.
Thanks, I do not recall having heard that detail.
"Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible. The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks."
-- Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective
Old 12-03-2019, 12:45 PM

So Red Sparrow (and a dozen other movies) except they will take a 15 minute break to talk about how everyone misses Iron Man...
Old 12-03-2019, 12:49 PM

Looks good! It seems like a clear setup for a new Black Widow for the post-Endgame movies.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
So Red Sparrow (and a dozen other movies) except they will take a 15 minute break to talk about how everyone misses Iron Man...
Well they can't miss Iron Man without missing Black Widow, can they?

But yeah. A female Russian spy without a backstory that involves some sort of Nikita / Red Sparrow "weaponized whore school" is like a British spy who doesn't drink martinis while barely pretending to be undercover in various exotic upper class locales or an American spy who doesn't have some high tech war room full of displays and nerds feeding him real time intel from drones, traffic cameras CIA databases and whatnot.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:20 PM

NM

Last edited by msmith537; 12-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
He's not dead yet - and I hope like hell they don't shoe horn him in.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
He's not dead yet - and I hope like hell they don't shoe horn him in.
If it takes place after Civil War, I don't see how he would be involved. I'm curious if there will be a cameo from Cap, Falcon, or Wanda. Or maybe a flashback to her time with Hawkeye.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:51 PM

If Iron Man is involved he would be as an antagonist, everyone else on the other team is currently sitting in prison.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
If Iron Man is involved he would be as an antagonist, everyone else on the other team is currently sitting in prison.
Unless this starts right after the airport battle, they would've broken out of prison by then.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Unless this starts right after the airport battle, they would've broken out of prison by then.
My guess this would be after the breakout - if memory serves, we don't see her in Wakanda at the end of CA:CW- and she certainly isn't in Black Panther. I seem to recall her as part of the crew put in prison due to her "told you I'd help you find them, not capture them" bit.

Last edited by simster; 12-03-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
My guess this would be after the breakout - if memory serves, we don't see her in Wakanda at the end of CA:CW- and she certainly isn't in Black Panther. I seem to recall her as part of the crew put in prison due to her "told you I'd help you find them, not capture them" bit.
No, absolutely not. She wasn't in either scene on the Raft, either when Tony visited it to talk to Sam, or when Cap showed up for the breakout. It was Clint, Sam, Scott, and Wanda.

The breakout is probably at least a few weeks after the airport fight, since Rhodes has had surgery and is testing out the Stank-tech legs that Tony built for him.

ETA: Plus, Natasha is still on Team Tony, not Team Steve, at the beginning of IW.

Last edited by muldoonthief; 12-03-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
No, absolutely not. She wasn't in either scene on the Raft, either when Tony visited it to talk to Sam, or when Cap showed up for the breakout. It was Clint, Sam, Scott, and Wanda.

The breakout is probably at least a few weeks after the airport fight, since Rhodes has had surgery and is testing out the Stank-tech legs that Tony built for him.

ETA: Plus, Natasha is still on Team Tony, not Team Steve, at the beginning of IW.
Good point that she was not in any scene after the aforementioned comment to BP at the end of the airport fight - so she's effectively missing from that point to IW.

At the beginning of IW - she lands with Team Steve to help Vision and Wanda - I say that effectively puts her on Team Steve.

Last edited by simster; 12-03-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Good point that she was not in any scene after the aforementioned comment to BP at the end of the airport fight - so she's effectively missing from that point to IW.

At the beginning of IW - she lands with Team Steve to help Vision and Wanda - I say that effectively puts her on Team Steve.
No, she contacted team Steve because she knew Vision was meeting Wanda, and that they had been attacked by Thanos's minions. Remember she leaves with Vision in an Avengers aircraft and tells him "We had a deal."

Last edited by muldoonthief; 12-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
If it takes place after Civil War, I don't see how he would be involved.
Robert Downey, Jr. is listed in the film's cast on IMDB as "rumored." The only other character, besides Natasha, that I recognize in the cast listing from other MCU films is William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross.

OTOH, Rachel Weisz is in it, and I adore her, so that's a plus.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
No, she contacted team Steve because she knew Vision was meeting Wanda, and that they had been attacked by Thanos's minions. Remember she leaves with Vision in an Avengers aircraft and tells him "We had a deal."
I'm pretty sure she said that to Wanda, not Vision. Banner was the one who contacted Steve.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:

(Bolding mine)
Now with extra stank!
Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she said that to Wanda, not Vision. Banner was the one who contacted Steve.
Ok, you're right, I was wrong - Natasha was team Steve in IW. I just rewatched the scene, the definitive moment is Secretary Ross saying Vision was "on a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals" - Steve, Nat, Sam & Wanda. But she definitely wasn't in the Raft in Civil War.

Last edited by muldoonthief; 12-03-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM

Quote:
So Red Sparrow
I doubt there's going to be a lot of sexual violence in this movie.

I'm stoked for it. Except that last scene with everyone freefalling and shooting looked a bit ridiculous.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
(Bolding mine)
Now with extra stank!
"Thank you for that! Never. . . dropping that, by the way."
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

Wow, I guess they really did a number on poor Hopper in that Russian prison...