Old 08-15-2018, 09:11 AM

Three Rivers Stadium Seats

When Three Rivers was demolished, a friend got me these seats (long story).
They've been in my man cave recently. Before that they were just taking up
space in my shed.

I've had two people interested in purchasing them, willing to pay $400. For that
I'll just keep them in the cave. But I've decided that if I can get $700, I'll part with them.

https://imgur.com/a/XI41Vdl

Old 08-20-2018, 07:33 PM

I remember they had some of these for sale when they were tearing it down. I thought at the time they would be a great conversation piece/keepsake/mancave addition, but couldn't justify it for myself. It's a great piece for someone, a little bit of Pittsburgh sports history right in your house as you watch the games.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:39 AM

Yeah, ever since we talked about selling them, I've been sitting in them a good bit.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:35 AM

I've been to Three Rivers a few times. Even got some Pirates autographs one time, including Roberto Clemente (he signed it "Bob"). My dad was friends with the Pirates' third base coach, Frank Oceak. He circulated through the dugout and got the signatures on a scrap of paper. I still have the autographs around someplace. Some good pieces of nostalgia and Pittsburgh sports history you have there.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
I've been to Three Rivers a few times. Even got some Pirates autographs one time, including Roberto Clemente (he signed it "Bob"). My dad was friends with the Pirates' third base coach, Frank Oceak. He circulated through the dugout and got the signatures on a scrap of paper. I still have the autographs around someplace. Some good pieces of nostalgia and Pittsburgh sports history you have there.
You might want to dig those up. Verified Clemente autographs fetch a mint. In the hundreds at a minimum and if it's on anything reasonably baseball related up into the thousands. I've wanted a Clemente autograph forever, but just can't justify the money that they ask.

BTW, the seats are awesome. I'd love to buy them, but my wife would murder me. If they were from Forbes, I'd buy them anyway and live my last few moments happily.

Last edited by senoy; 08-23-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoy View Post
You might want to dig those up. Verified Clemente autographs fetch a mint. In the hundreds at a minimum and if it's on anything reasonably baseball related up into the thousands. I've wanted a Clemente autograph forever, but just can't justify the money that they ask.

BTW, the seats are awesome. I'd love to buy them, but my wife would murder me. If they were from Forbes, I'd buy them anyway and live my last few moments happily.
Heh. We have two seats from Forbes Field as well, but they are in poor condition.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoy View Post

Nope. I'm too big a fan to sell it at any price.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Heh. We have two seats from Forbes Field as well, but they are in poor condition.
I think most of them are. They weren't so concerned in the 70s with appearances and did they ever replace the original seats from 1909? I assume they must have, but who knows?