Old 09-14-2019, 12:41 PM

Anyone else getting "Internal server error" message or something similar when using Google today?

It happened to me a few times today. But when I click "Search" the second time it usually loads fine. Weird.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:20 PM

No, Google's been working just fine for me today.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 PM

Given this is your second question with big sites giving you errors, I'd suggest scanning for malware.

If it was just not loading, I'd assume it was just your connection. But both sites returned errors. It's likely coincidence, or possibly bit rot (i.e. something got messed up in memory and you needed to restart), but it doesn't hurt to check. Sometimes these little errors are the only sign that something is going on secretly.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Given this is your second question with big sites giving you errors, I'd suggest scanning for malware.

If it was just not loading, I'd assume it was just your connection. But both sites returned errors. It's likely coincidence, or possibly bit rot (i.e. something got messed up in memory and you needed to restart), but it doesn't hurt to check. Sometimes these little errors are the only sign that something is going on secretly.
Internal server errors are generated by the server, not the browser. The other thread specifically mentions a 500 error.

Quote:
The 500 Internal Server Error is a "server-side" error, meaning the problem is not with your PC or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server.