Old 05-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Prediction time: Will Elder Scrolls VI come out for the PS5 or PS6?

It is many years away, apparently. With all the money Skyrim made, I'm surprised they didn't kick into ES6 more quickly. Apparently, they focused on Starfield, which also has no release date or any information out there.

Two years ago, the question was if the next Elder Scrolls will make it onto the Playstation 4(and Xbox One). It is now quite clear that it will not. The question now is if it will even make it to Playstation 5(or Series X).

PS4 came out 7 years ago. At least that is how long ago it will be when the PS5 is scheduled for release. Let's project forward 7 years to 2027, when the possible launch of the PS6 will occur.

Will Elder Scrolls VI be released by then? I think it will, but I may just be optimistic. I have heard they are working full-force on Starfield, which is not even scheduled for release yet. Are we even sure ES6 is next in their priority queue?

Perhaps Elder Scrolls VI will be a late PS5 release, one of the final games for the system.

Thoughts?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:40 PM

I think there is enough rumor out there to count as substantial enough that they are aiming towards 2023-24 with ESVI.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:43 AM

Yeah it should hit probably mid gen.