Old 05-14-2020, 10:34 AM

Where can I buy weights online?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but Iím wondering if anyone has been able to purchase weights online recently. My gym, like everyoneís, closed temporarily last month and Iíve been trying to find a barbell and some plates to hold me over, but no luck so far. Amazon does have some listed from third party sellers, but from what Iíve seen they cost about twice the normal retail price. It doesnít look like dicks or even Walmart ship them out and no locations near me have any in stock. I tried some other random online fitness equipment retailers to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? Just a barbell and a few 45 pound plates would do it for me. These resistance bands arenít cutting it anymore!
Appreciate it!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:47 AM

I've seen a few used weights being advertised on craigslist and in the facebook marketplace.

There are videos on how to make weight plates from concrete. You could look into that, although you'd need a suitable bar. Perhaps black pipe from the hardware store might work.

If you're mechanically inclined, you could go to an auto salvage yard and find heavy pieces of scrap. Brake rotors are about 15 pounds and could probably work as improvised plates.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:02 AM

Rogue Fitness has an extensive catalogue of weights and other gym equipment available for online purchase.

Stranger
Old 05-14-2020, 11:04 AM

Rogue Fitness has an extensive catalogue of weights and other gym equipment available for online purchase.

Stranger