Old 08-21-2019, 10:47 AM

Hypothetical MCU Spider-Man schenangians legal questions (Far From Home Spoilers)

Ok....Sony can't own Tom Holland. What's to keep the next movie being Pet....err....errr....the dude who shall not be named to be seen throwing away some...thing red and blue. And going on the run. Or adopting a new persona in response to the events of Far From Home?*

I *think* that could be done so lets move onto the next layer. Marvel have changed Aunt May, Ned, Flash, and MJ (I don't even think her name is Mary Jane) so much....could they argue they arn't the same characters? Probably not? How about a scene where they ALL go on the run?

"We're gonna need new names! I'll beeee....'Fred'".

*By the way, I've thought for decades Spidey should do this. Who needs all this shit?? Tons of well-loved heroes and Spidey gets shit on mostly because of that weird old guy publishing the Bugle? Fuck that. His skill set is wide enough he could easily develop a new persona. Course the web slinging is out.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Tom Holland and the other actors already work for Sony. The next movie could and would still star him. They would not be able to mention any of the events and characters from the MCU so no more Happy Hogan but MJ, Flash Thompson, all of Spider-Man's villains, J Jonah Jameson are all fair game. Given the set up at the end of Far From Home I would guess the next Spider-Man Movie wouldn't have to be changed much at all.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
Ok....Sony can't own Tom Holland.
Well, that's what the contracts are for. I imagine Holland would like to continue working in Hollywood for a long while, past his Spider-Man days and would rather not burn bridges or be known as the guy who skipped out on a studio like that.

And I doubt people will rush to see MCU's bootleg "Arachnid Guy" character. Reminds me of those $3 DVDs at Walmart designed to trick grandmas out of their money.

Last edited by Jophiel; 08-21-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Ok....Sony can't own Tom Holland. What's to keep the next movie being Pet....err....errr....the dude who shall not be named to be seen throwing away some...thing red and blue. And going on the run. Or adopting a new persona in response to the events of Far From Home?*

I *think* that could be done so lets move onto the next layer. Marvel have changed Aunt May, Ned, Flash, and MJ (I don't even think her name is Mary Jane) so much....could they argue they arn't the same characters? Probably not? How about a scene where they ALL go on the run?

"We're gonna need new names! I'll beeee....'Fred'".

*By the way, I've thought for decades Spidey should do this. Who needs all this shit?? Tons of well-loved heroes and Spidey gets shit on mostly because of that weird old guy publishing the Bugle? Fuck that. His skill set is wide enough he could easily develop a new persona. Course the web slinging is out.
He is contracted for one more movie, then he is a free agent. As long as he gets paid, marvel will still be there.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Ok....Sony can't own Tom Holland. What's to keep the next movie being Pet....err....errr....the dude who shall not be named...
Night Monkey?
Old 08-21-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
*By the way, I've thought for decades Spidey should do this. Who needs all this shit?? Tons of well-loved heroes and Spidey gets shit on mostly because of that weird old guy publishing the Bugle? Fuck that. His skill set is wide enough he could easily develop a new persona.
I remember him doing that in the ‘90s: IIRC, he tried out a ‘Prodigy’ persona, with the reliance on superstrength and some running-fast-and-leaping-around stuff; and he tried out a ‘Hornet’ persona, acting like a gadgeteer and helping the act along with his powers; and he tried out a ‘Ricochet’ persona, aping Daredevil’s schtick of playing acrobat while pulling off crazy feats of marksmanship; and he tried out a ‘Dusk’ persona, all dark and mysterious and also mysterious and dark...