Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Thoughts about the election that don't seem to belong anywhere else

During the campaign, Trump continuously dropped outrageous statements, surprises, attacks, whatever, for what seemed like the sole purpose of keeping himself on the front page. There have been discussions here and elsewhere that, even in the beginning when no one really took him seriously as a candidate, whatever he did merited media coverage. Not for the substantive content (which was mostly lacking), but just for the show-biz, reality TV outrageousness of it all. "Tune in tomorrow and see what new turd he can drop into the punchbowl."

The one, continuous goal of his was to make sure he was always in the news, preferably on the front page, even if it was because of something offensive, crazy, or even nonsensical. Just cover me, watch me, listen to me, me, me.

Consider this: it's a narcissist's dream come true. He is now guaranteed to be in the headlines around the clock and around the world. He is on every commentator's lips, on every front page, and his name leads every news broadcast. AND now, it's with NO competition from anyone else.

Just think about that for a minute. He is in complete hog heaven. This is the pinnacle of a life's work, his crowning achievement: to have his name on the lips and in the minds of millions, if not billions of people simultaneously and for the immediate future. Not just the "talk of the town" but the "talk of the planet."

This is a random thought thread... so post anything that you can't find another place for...
Old 11-14-2016, 04:36 PM

I feel guilty for saying this because in many respects she's an innocent bystander in this train wreck, but Melania Trump as First Lady is surreal to me. She seems to typify trophy wifedom in all of its sad, shallow, you-are-one-wrinkle-away-from-divorce glory. The fact that she did not prove to be a major liability to his success--despite her history of posing nude and her brainless act of plagiarism and all the questions surrounding her visa status while working--just sits on top of the mountain of other unbelievable shit that underscores how much Trump has been gotten away with. In stark relief, it shows the extent that white male privilege can stack the deck against a woman or non-white.

The Obamas would've never been able to get away with any of this. It's not a exaggeration to say they had to be damn near flawless just to be nominated, let alone elected.

Last edited by you with the face; 11-14-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:11 PM

Being shocked by the election results definitely gave me a big dose of epistemic humility - in other words, I realized how much I don't understand about my country.

It's not that I'm reconsidering my political opinions - I think I've been doing a decent job of retesting those all the time (for an American primate, anyway). I still think Trump was an awful choice for president, and that the broader Republican agenda is also awful. That's based on facts as I understand them and values as I hold them - not on pure ideological stubbornness. (But of course I would say that, yes, I know.)

Instead, I'm reconsidering my thoughts about what to do going forward. Like crazy. How to attract more voters to the left? Which voters? Which issues are worth setting aside in order to get that to happen?

That last question is especially tough. It's easy to say, as a white cis het man, that maybe we shouldn't be so ... whatever.

Focused on identity politics? Harsh on those who commit sins against political correctness? Sure, no skin off my nose. When people say horrible shit around me, it's pretty much never targeted at me. (People I love, though ...)

And people don't target harmful acts at me, because I don't look like a problem category. (Good thing I didn't go for that blue dye job or the nose ring.)

I'm not at special risk over the next few years. (Except insofar as I rely on the ACA for health insurance - but Trump's walking that repeal talk back already, and...)

TLDR: In talking to my non-white/het/cis/citizen friends, I'm stuck by the gap between my attampts at optimism (could be worse! There's stuff we could try!) and their despair. I can't give into despair, but I can't deny others' right to feel it.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you with the face View Post
The Obamas would've never been able to get away with any of this. It's not a exaggeration to say they had to be damn near flawless just to be nominated, let alone elected.
As far as I'm concerned, the Obamas have been near flawless throughout his time in office. I did not vote for him. My respect for him and his family has grown over the years, and given the opportunity I would thank him for being a steady and thoughtful leader through very trying times, and unrelenting opposition.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:24 PM

I first heard this mentioned by Chelsea Handler. Were Hillery to have been elected Chelsea Clinton would be the first person to say my parents were both president.

My thought that don't belong anywhere; the opportunity to make that claim may never happen again.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:32 PM

We just elected the oldest man ever to begin his first term. He's also the only President without prior government experience (military or political). Unlike recent Presidents, he doesn't do any exercise. He is overweight. His father had Alzheimers disease.

The health of our President-elect is an issue to be monitored over the next 4 years.

Last edited by Moriarty; 11-14-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 PM

On finding out he had a black accountant working for him, Trump said he doesn't want a black guy counting his money; he wants short men with yarmulkes counting his money. Ivanka is an Orthodox Jew.

I'm confused.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Remember when Obama was first running, and everyone kept saying "But I don't feel like I know anything about him, so how can I trust him?" OK, so it was obvious code for "I don't want a black guy with a weird name to be president," but whatevs.

This time, we managed to elect a guy that we literally know nothing about, never mind that he's been a celebrity for thirty years. Like, nobody close to him has any endearing personal stories to tell about him; he doesn't appear to have any hobbies other than sexual harassment and being on TV; he also appears to have no steady beliefs or principles, or at any rate no one knows what they are; and his family photos are the most ridiculously inauthentic-looking things ever. And nobody seems to see this as a liability.

Last edited by Fretful Porpentine; 11-14-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

I was visiting Democratic Underground on the night of the election. Sometime in the early evening the site crashed and on came this crazy Trump video with crazy animation and crazy song and I was glued to it like a moth. I fell asleep around 9:00 and woke at 1:00 am to find Trump winning I turned off the tv and lay there trying to get back to sleep but crazy Trump video bounced around my skull.
This lasted a few days and I wonder if anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
I was visiting Democratic Underground on the night of the election. Sometime in the early evening the site crashed and on came this crazy Trump video with crazy animation and crazy song and I was glued to it like a moth. I fell asleep around 9:00 and woke at 1:00 am to find Trump winning I turned off the tv and lay there trying to get back to sleep but crazy Trump video bounced around my skull.
I saw a YouTube replay of it. DU is still down, apparently. Maybe tomorrow they say.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
We just elected the oldest man ever to begin his first term. He's also the only President without prior government experience (military or political). Unlike recent Presidents, he doesn't do any exercise. He is overweight. His father had Alzheimers disease.

The health of our President-elect is an issue to be monitored over the next 4 years.
*shrug* he seems to have made it through the campaign just fine, but if he dies, then we get President Pence.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Just think about that for a minute. He is in complete hog heaven. This is the pinnacle of a life's work, his crowning achievement: to have his name on the lips and in the minds of millions, if not billions of people simultaneously and for the immediate future. Not just the "talk of the town" but the "talk of the planet."
You are totally right. This is literally his wildest dreams come true. A man this narcissistic comes along once a generation, and we just fed his ego like no ego has ever been fed before. He literally doesn't give a shit whether you're cheering him or screaming at him, it's all good, as long as he's the center of attention. Jesus, our country is so fucked. So, so fucked.

Next observation, the only we can beat Trump is with a monstrous media creation of our own. To defeat him...we must become him. I know it was joked about, but the more I think about it, only Kanye West--his spiritual twin and identical opposite--can defeat him.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
... I fell asleep around 9:00 and woke at 1:00 am to find Trump winning I turned off the tv and lay there trying to get back to sleep but crazy Trump video bounced around my skull.
I didn't see the video, but I did go to sleep and when I woke up around 3 am and saw the front page of the Washington Post, I lay there trying to go back to sleep, but couldn't.

Someone (maybe more than one person) said that the day after the election when they woke up they felt the same way they did after 9/11. For me, it was the way I felt the day after my husband died. This great tragedy had occurred and it was real and it was not going away.

And now that details about his administration, his hires, his cabinet, are coming out, I feel worse.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Someone (maybe more than one person) said that the day after the election when they woke up they felt the same way they did after 9/11. For me, it was the way I felt the day after my husband died. This great tragedy had occurred and it was real and it was not going away.

And now that details about his administration, his hires, his cabinet, are coming out, I feel worse.
I'm curious, would you have felt this way if any Republican won, or is Trump "worse" in your eyes? Think back to previous elections. Maybe include vice presidents too. Here are your options:

A) Trump
B) Pence
C) Romney
D) Ryan
E) McCain
F) Palin
G) Bush
H) Cheney

If you could rank those from your preferred president, to your most detested, where would Trump fall in line?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
*shrug* he seems to have made it through the campaign just fine, but if he dies, then we get President Pence.
And if he merely slips into increasingly paranoid delusions, brought on by his age, his family history of dementia, and his poor health regimen? Reagan's staff took steps to protect him. Will Trump's inner circle remain as careful about his lapses?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
And if he merely slips into increasingly paranoid delusions, brought on by his age, his family history of dementia, and his poor health regimen? Reagan's staff took steps to protect him. Will Trump's inner circle remain as careful about his lapses?
I can't predict what they'll do, but it's not a concern that ranks very high on my list.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:34 PM

Trump is technically my bitch now. He works for me.*

*in January, not this second legally

Last edited by Fair Rarity; 11-14-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:40 PM

Why was the Kremlin so keen on Trump winning? Is he just a useful idiot or something more? The man is a con artist and nothing I've seen or heard leaves me to believe he won't screw over us like he's screwed his business partners, investors, workers, etc. We elected an openly racist man who brags about sexually assaulting women. I've been ashamed of actions of the US government before, but I think this is the first time I've every felt truly ashamed to be an American.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:

That's been my identical experience, too. Just like after my husband died. Only this time, it was my country.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I'm curious, would you have felt this way if any Republican won, or is Trump "worse" in your eyes? Think back to previous elections. Maybe include vice presidents too. Here are your options:

A) Trump
B) Pence
C) Romney
D) Ryan
E) McCain
F) Palin
G) Bush
H) Cheney

If you could rank those from your preferred president, to your most detested, where would Trump fall in line?
From most detested to most preferred:

Evil:

1) Cheney
2) Pence

Complete morons -- but not smart enough to be truly evil, so very scary but not very, very scary:

3) Palin
4) Trump

Pretty bad for economic reasons, but okay in temperament, etc:

5) Ryan

Bad, but not that bad:

6) McCain
7) Bush

Really not bad at all:

8) Romney

Last edited by JKellyMap; 11-14-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
Why was the Kremlin so keen on Trump winning? Is he just a useful idiot or something more?
Well, his opponent wasn't very clear about whether her position was to shoot down Russian jets in Syria or not. That might have had something to do with it.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I can't predict what they'll do, but it's not a concern that ranks very high on my list.
For me, it's a random observation that seems apt in this thread.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:51 PM

So, HurricaneDitka, to answer your question, half of the folks on your list (1 through 4) deserve the alarmist response you're seeing now, while the other half (5 through the 8) would (or did, in the case of Bush) deserve a more moderate "concern and disappointment" response.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Answering HurricaneDitka's question, here's how I'd rank the Presidencies, actual and hypothetical. I've left gaps where there are big gaps.

G) Bush-41
C) Romney
E) McCain
D) Ryan
G) Bush-43
B) Pence
H) Cheney
F) Palin
A) Trump

I've ranked Trump well below Palin. He has all her faults but, instead of just a right-wing cabal running the country while an incompetent snoozes, we'll have a sociopathic showman involved, delighting in his special relationship with the evil Vladimir Putin
Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
His family would and maybe a few of this retainers who've long been on his payroll, but not his surrogates or Pence or anyone Pence is filing out the White House with. It'll be like watching sharks turn on an older shark at the first drop of blood.

Quote:
I know intellectually I should be more afraid of Pence then Trump. But if Trump is content to sit back and let Pence run the show while he uses is office to line his pockets & settle old scores like I fear he will then it really doesn't make a difference if Pence is setting in the Oval Office. President Pence would actually be less of a stain on the country and typing that almost makes we want to break my fingers.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
So, HurricaneDitka, to answer your question, half of the folks on your list (1 through 4) deserve the alarmist response you're seeing now, while the other half (5 through the 8) would (or did, in the case of Bush) deserve a more moderate "concern and disappointment" response.
Thanks. So do you think it's fair to say that, for you, Trump's about as bad as an average Republican, maybe a bit worse? You'd consider a President Pence a step in the wrong direction, right?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I've ranked Trump well below Palin. He has all her faults but, instead of just a right-wing cabal running the country while an incompetent snoozes, we'll have a sociopathic showman involved, delighting in his special relationship with the evil Vladimir Putin
Thanks for your reply as well. For you, you sound like you'd be (relatively) relieved to have a President Pence.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
I know intellectually I should be more afraid of Pence then Trump. But if Trump is content to sit back and let Pence run the show while he uses is office to line his pockets & settle old scores like I fear he will then it really doesn't make a difference if Pence is setting in the Oval Office. President Pence would actually be less of a stain on the country and typing that almost makes we want to break my fingers.
So you feel like we're currently getting the worst of both world's: Pence's policies and Trump's ... ummm ... reputation?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

I feel sorry for Barron Trump. On the night of the election he looked shell shocked (but it was pretty late at night), and this will certainly be a big change for him. From what I've read, he lives on his own floor at Trump Tower and attends a NYC prep school. I bet he'll not be with his family in the White House but stay in New York. I just hope he grows up normal. He should probably talk with Amy and Chelsea and the Obama girls.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:52 PM

Trump himself doesn't even want to move to the White House full time; Barron's staying in NYC and if Barron's not moving neither is Melania.

Quote:
So you feel like we're currently getting the worst of both world's: Pence's policies and Trump's ... ummm ... reputation?
Pretty much. I just down have the same visceral reaction to Pence as I do Trump. As bad as Pence is I doubt think he'd have embraced the worst elements of American society for his own convenience like Trump did if he were running on his own.

Last edited by alphaboi867; 11-14-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:58 PM

How come all the anti-Trumpers who want to leave the country want to go to Canada, or Australia or New Zealand? Never Mexico, South America, South Africa, or anywhere in Asia? Do I sense overt racism? They don't even threaten to go to Europe anymore. Maybe too many Immigrants? They talk about California becoming part of Canada, why not Mexico? Its got a stronger Mexican culture than Canadian.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicsage View Post
How come all the anti-Trumpers who want to leave the country want to go to Canada, or Australia or New Zealand? Never Mexico, South America, South Africa, or anywhere in Asia? Do I sense overt racism? They don't even threaten to go to Europe anymore. Maybe too many Immigrants? They talk about California becoming part of Canada, why not Mexico? Its got a stronger Mexican culture than Canadian.
Do you sense overt racism? No.

Language. They mostly speak English in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. In Mexico, South America, and Asia, they mostly don't. South Africa is pretty far away. You probably would have figured that out, right?

Also, Mexico is not very politically stable. There are ex-pat colonies there, however.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:07 AM

Lets add the Bahamas, Belize, and Jamaica. No one threatens to go there. They're English speaking. Throw in the Philippines. Its not the language. What could it be?
Old 11-15-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the Obamas have been near flawless throughout his time in office. I did not vote for him. My respect for him and his family has grown over the years, and given the opportunity I would thank him for being a steady and thoughtful leader through very trying times, and unrelenting opposition.
You know who would prolly read your post and say "yeah; me too"? Glenn Beck. Who'da thunk it, amiright?
Old 11-15-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I saw a YouTube replay of it. DU is still down, apparently. Maybe tomorrow they say.
Anyone got a link to this video? zoo's description has me very curious.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you with the face View Post
I feel guilty for saying this because in many respects she's an innocent bystander in this train wreck, but Melania Trump as First Lady is surreal to me. She seems to typify trophy wifedom in all of its sad, shallow, you-are-one-wrinkle-away-from-divorce glory. The fact that she did not prove to be a major liability to his success--despite her history of posing nude and her brainless act of plagiarism and all the questions surrounding her visa status while working--just sits on top of the mountain of other unbelievable shit that underscores how much Trump has been gotten away with. In stark relief, it shows the extent that white male privilege can stack the deck against a woman or non-white.

It's October, 2008, and candidate Barack Obama has been caught on tape saying that he likes to "grab 'em by the pussy."

McCain landslide.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks. So do you think it's fair to say that, for you, Trump's about as bad as an average Republican, maybe a bit worse? You'd consider a President Pence a step in the wrong direction, right?
Well, I'd call #5 on my list -- Ryan -- the "average Republican", with a big gap between him and the next worst (Trump), so, no, more than a "bit" worse.

But I do agree that Pence would be a step in the wrong direction from Trump.

Last edited by JKellyMap; 11-15-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:47 AM

My random thought about the election is : Did Trump really want to be President ? Did he really think he could win ?

He wanted to be in the spotlight, no doubt about it but I have had this picture in my mind of him being woken up by his aides on election night "Congratulations ! You've just been elected President!" and him going "Holy ****, WTF now ?"
Old 11-15-2016, 08:55 AM

I just wanted to say that I'm in agreement with the general gist of most of the thoughts here.
Quote:

The 9/11 analogy is very much the way I felt, and still do -- literally feeling dazed and sick. And before someone tries to attack me for claiming that the two things are exactly equivalent, that's not what I'm saying. But 9/11 permanently changed the nature of the US, the kind of country it is, and I fear that this will do the same but the changes may be worse and more profound, and may awaken the very worst aspects of white nationalism and hatred of all that is "other", with the resurgence of social conservatism and economic catastrophe merely a dull roar in the background.
Quote:
I'm curious, would you have felt this way if any Republican won, or is Trump "worse" in your eyes? Think back to previous elections ...
It's not hypothetical -- Bush and Cheney did win -- twice -- and I know how I felt. I was pissed off that the better man lost, especially in 2000. I thought the results would not be good for the country and the world, and they weren't. But it was nothing like how I feel about this. It was nothing even remotely comparable to the sense of impending doom.

The other candidates you mention are hypotheticals, but it's hard to imagine anyone even remotely comparing McCain or Romney to Trump. McCain and Romney were both simply conventional Republicans, and both, you may recall, were vehemently opposed to Trump, apparently as shocked as the rest of us that he was even running.

The closest thing to Trump in that list is Sarah Palin, and it's not even close. Palin is just an ignorant yokel, more a comical hillbilly than a psychopath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicsage View Post
They are simply attracted to countries that have a familiar US-like culture, speak English (as ThelmaLou already said) and have a similar standard of living. Most of those other countries you named are nothing like that at all, whereas Canada is the most like the US without many of the downsides.

And I disagree with your assessment of California. It may have more Mexican food than Canada, but culturally it's a blend of uniqueness not found in any other state or country and a culture of progressivism that is very much like Canada.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:

This is a random thought thread... so post anything that you can't find another place for...
When will the 2020 election news coverage begin?

Will the news media change it's slanted news coverage or will it be business as usual?
Old 11-15-2016, 09:23 AM

After flashing at some headlines this morning, I want to echo my OP.

Trump is in the catbird seat.

Virtually every headline is about him, whether foreign or domestic. What will he do, what is he thinking, what country will he favor, whose goals will he support? The whole world is hanging on his every word and thought. This is the man who, when asked if he would accept the outcome of the election, said, "I'll keep you in suspense."

He had the country on tenterhooks during the election and milked it for all it was worth to feed his narcissistic need. But NOW? That was small town, penny ante stuff. Now the stakes are YUUUGE, and the whole world is courting him, looking at him, taking about him, listening to him. Like a crowd of teenagers waving their arms and screaming at their latest idol. The American Presidency is now a reality TV show (just like his campaign).

Anyone who can't see the qualitative, substantive difference between him and any other candidate, let alone any other Republican, just isn't getting it.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:30 AM

Missed edit window. I meant "glancing" at headlines... not what it sounds like.

Also, the countries that are clamoring for his attention are worried, like many of us.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

It appears that all those principled conservatives who would not accept Trump have had their Come to Donald moment, and repented.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Do you sense overt racism? No.

Language. They mostly speak English in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. In Mexico, South America, and Asia, they mostly don't. South Africa is pretty far away. You probably would have figured that out, right?

Also, Mexico is not very politically stable. There are ex-pat colonies there, however.
I'm American living in New Zealand and they also have the same sense of humor, they get the same jokes etc... Australia too. They like the same comedy.

Also people may say they want to move to Australia and New Zealand because they are always at the top of the happiest countries in the world list.

Last edited by Flying Rabbit; 11-15-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Rabbit View Post
I'm American living in New Zealand and they also have the same sense of humor, they get the same jokes etc... Australia too. They like the same comedy.

Also people may say they want to move to Australia and New Zealand because they are always at the top of the happiest countries in the world list.
Do you have a small apartment where an old widow lady could live with three cats and two dogs. We're very quiet and tidy. Mostly all we do is read, sleep, and get on the SDMB.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Anyone got a link to this video? zoo's description has me very curious.
DU had a link at their web page yesterday. http://www.democraticunderground.com/503.php I recommend not watching, it was pretty bad.

Last edited by zoo; 11-15-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add link
Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
DU had a link at their web page yesterday. http://www.democraticunderground.com/503.php I recommend not watching, it was pretty bad.
You want a bad video, try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8
Old 11-15-2016, 12:36 PM

My random, mean thought: Melania looks like a pole dancer who works at Foxy Vixen Gentlemen's Club (All Nude, All the Time!)

Also wanted to share that my "Elizabeth Warren 2020" t-shirt just arrived from CafePress!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Virtually every headline is about him, whether foreign or domestic. What will he do, what is he thinking, what country will he favor, whose goals will he support?
Kinda reminds me of another time. Now when was it? Oh yeah.Obama in 2008. This is no new phenomenon. All incoming Presidents fresh to the office get massive publicity and news coverage, especially if they're out of the ordinary run of Presidents, as Obama and Trump.

As for Trump I have no real concerns, despite the media depiction of him as an idiot and know-nothing. You don't make billions of dollars by being stupid.

Last edited by aldiboronti; 11-15-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
It appears that all those principled conservatives who would not accept Trump have had their Come to Donald moment, and repented.

He is all-forgiving. All you have to do is to give your heart and lay out those things you need to repent in sorrow before him: he can cleanse your soul instantly though your sins are like scarlet.

It's just the way he is.
Closed Thread